Not quite an eventing report yet, but we did win an Advanced Med

star

Visit site
No eventing for us yet after the cancellation of Tweseldown. Have to wait until Goring so we went out for more dressage at the weekend. Went to Priory for an first go at AM96 and while we were at it thought we might as well have a first go at AM98 too. It's only the Regionals test - how hard can it be?! For someone who has never ridden at this level before both these tests are rather challenging - the movements come thick and fast - they both have 5/6 flying changes amongst all sorts of other things. Main challenge was just to remember them!

Anyway, managed to get through both of them without any lapses of memory which was one achievement. We didn't have any disasters. All changes happened except the last ones which followed the extended canter which meant our final centre lines were a bit naff. Despite that we managed to score 63.5% in AM96 and a whopping 66.3% in AM98 with 7's for all the changes that came off in both tests. We even won the 98 (out of 3 lol) I love Advanced Medium so much more than Medium - his changes are his strong point so we can really get our marks up! Have still only ridden a handful of tests at this level and bearing in mind the poor horse is built with his back end a foot higher than his front he tries so hard! Was chuffed the judge said we showed good positioning in all our lateral work and that his lateral work and changes were well established.

Here's the videos:
AM98:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1olXXnpkO_Q&feature=youtu.be

AM96:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5eejc5_hhI&feature=youtu.be

As a reward I took him XC schooling at LMEQ yesterday and he was awesome - dragging me around and jumping some fab skinnies on turns. He was still dragging me around so much at the end I let him run round the gallops with a friend. My arms are a foot longer than normal now! He feels very happy with life at the moment. Physio this morning for him and all good so roll on Goring!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Great vids as always, I'm subscribed to you on Youtube and watched a few to get myself psyched up for last weekend ;)

Thank you. You would not believe how long it took to get him to understand those. Now he loves them!

Ahhhhh I am still waiting for the penny to drop! Do you think I can box Millie over to you for him to have a word with her :lol:

Good luck for Goring, C&T has gone all dressagey this winter so it will be great to see more eventing reports. Have to get my fix somehow :)

Firewell

Visit site
Awwww what a lovely boy. I watched the first test and it looked really neat, his last center line looked especially fabulous! Good luck for the event, I bet he can't wait to romp round!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Lol. I spend my life trying to razz him up a bit! He is laid back unless it's XC!

:D so jealous :D, Topaz needs to learn the art of chill! XC we're good with though as once she can run and settle she's awesome :D, well unless something scary appears and tries to eat us... ;)

googol

Visit site
I love him! He looked so focused and attentive the whole way through! He puts me in the mind of my own boy and what we could achieve if I wasn't useless. Yous clearly have a beautiful partnership. What were the judges comments?

star

Visit site
I love him! He looked so focused and attentive the whole way through! He puts me in the mind of my own boy and what we could achieve if I wasn't useless. Yous clearly have a beautiful partnership. What were the judges comments?

Judge said about him needing to take more weight behind which is always the way with him. Poor thing is built downhill! She also said he looked secure in all the movements, lateral work was correctly positioned and he was an attractive horse.