Nuumed HiWither 3 Pocket Half Shimmy Pad

LilyB92

Visit site
Hello Everyone

Following a saddle fitting I need to get a 3 pocket half pad.

I know the Prolite is great but would prefer something that comes in brown as it would then match my tack.

The Nuumed comes in brown but I can't seem to get a straight answer about the shim thickness despite having called them.

Anyone that knows them or has one what thickness are they and do they come with two different thicknesses like the prolite does?

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I've got a two pocket one coming in the post as we speak... I can answer your question (assuming the shims are the same thicknesses in the two pocket as the three) when it gets here if you don't get an answer before. Might be today, more likely tomorrow or the day after.

AFB

Visit site
I have a 2 pocket at the yard, only a couple of weeks old so I can measure them this evening - my best guess would be about 3mm without checking

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I use the 4 pocket Mattes correction pads for bridging (presuming that's why you need a centre pocket), the pads are top quality, the shims are much more customisable than any other system too. And of course they come in brown....or taupe, or sand....

LilyB92

Visit site
I use the 4 pocket Mattes correction pads for bridging (presuming that's why you need a centre pocket), the pads are top quality, the shims are much more customisable than any other system too. And of course they come in brown....or taupe, or sand....
I have heard amazing things about these! Don't they all have the wool though? My saddle fitter unfortunately said the wool would make it to thick

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Saddles can usually be adjusted to compensate, I'm a big fan of sheepskin and recommend, especially, the half lined pads to my customers. Sheepskin gives soft tissue expansion space, wicks sweat, spreads pressure and even has some impact absorption capacity.

They do make a cotton version, as log as you use it on a dense (felt lined) numnah or pad, it's okay (and useful for lifting the back of a saddle especially, as you avoid lifting the front without that extra thickness), but most shim pads come with a lining behind, wool or sheepskin, or Prolite etc, to keep the edges of the shims away from the horse.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
The shims on the two pocket Nuumed are approx 5mm thick. The two pocket comes with two pairs front shims and one pair back shims.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
spelling is usually Fibregee. it's normally used as a pad for a stable bandage.
i wouldn't choose it for a shim though, it's very squishy foam between sort of thin felty stuff, can do in an emergency situ but for longer term you need something a bit more stable I think.