Odd horse names.....

wattamus

Visit site
As a slight follow on from another thread. What are the oddest names you have come across whilst having horses? Mr T., Mctavish, Duck, Shequila, Chubby Brown, Peggy, Tonka these are the ones that stick out at me mainly riding school horses :D

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
I once knew a horse called Drip.....oddly, he suited it he was a 4 y/o dapple grey ISH and just loved to lick hands, faces, whatever he could reach constantly and he was a great big wuss! :p

The only other one I can think of is Flex (although she was an amazing horse) :)
K x

kinnygirl1

Visit site
He he - my first pony was called Peggy and I know a Mr T and a Tonka at my current livery yard so maybe these names are more common place than we all think! "Bungo" is the most unusual I think I ever heard. He was a really lovely gent at my first livery yard when I was young. Yes BUngo NOT BIngo!

hest

Visit site
There was a small pony at Pony Club last summer charmingly named 'Strops'. He wasn't stroppy in the slightest!

Cobi

Visit site
odd names i have come across, Moose, Maisie, Elsie, Arianna, Gemma, Pepparami, Mr Horse<< y? lol

these are probably normal to what i would call my own though, i love unusual names but not odd hehe

X

Spiritedly

Visit site
I've known a Mackintosh, a Spooky and a Dobbin! Oh and there used to be a 'Flying Flea' competing locally when I was younger.

BlizzardBudd

Visit site
As a slight follow on from another thread. What are the oddest names you have come across whilst having horses? Mr T., Mctavish, Duck, Shequila, Chubby Brown, Peggy, Tonka these are the ones that stick out at me mainly riding school horses :D

i think i know the riding school horses you are talking about :p I loved Mr T (if he's the same one!)
is this him??
mrt.jpg

SophieLouBee

Visit site
Winnie The Bitch was a racehorse broodmare someone I know used to own. She was evil.

I have 'Stella II'. Well done chaps, whoever named her that!

C.I.D belonged to a client.

Hector, a NH horse I used to exercise.

Doyle, an ex racer I used to ride when I was about 11 *eek*, at riding school.

Earie, another from riding school, she was a grey mare, very skinny and you couldn't brush her back legs.

Rina, as above, she was the most oddly pony I ever met. I trotted for the first time with her, off the lead rein, she coughed and the saddle flew right up her neck!

Dumble, a dun pony from riding school.

We had Major A & Major B there too, which was novel.

Oh, memories from when I was a young girl come flooding back! Only part of my childhood I remember is riding school...

Ally_F

Visit site
I know of a horse called Crumpet - beautiful thing as well :D
I know a girl who ended up with two horses at once called Fred (big Fred and little Fred ;) )
- my horse is called Lloyd, which I hated for years but have gotten used to it now.

Apperently my mums friend had a horse called Trisha when she was young. Lol

AprilBlossom

Visit site
My friend has a 'Frank'.

At the RS I worked at they were all pretty standard I think...we had a Rambo, Othello, Dingo, Outlaw, Pip, Hercules, Lightning (who had a foal named Thunder), Magic, Tia, Jester, Wings, Sherry, Zara, Bonnie, Darcy, Barney, Jazz, Quintz...all bar a couple no longer with us and replaced by more unusual names IMO with the likes of Super Ted and Candy and Bilbo - not the best name for children to pronounce wrongly!! Lol

I've had a lot of literary based names which I think are lovely.

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
Willie Daly at Lisdoonvarna had a really ugly, goose-necked, upside down looking horse called Saucepan and a little hairy grumpy shetland called Shergar at his trekking place.

I've hunted a Frank too :p :D

Karran

Visit site
Just remembered I knew a Dandini, Garrick, and Grundy.

Speaking of odd names I want a dog or horse called Gadget.

"Go gadget go!" :)

scrunchie

Visit site
I know a shetland pony called Fart.

And then there's my own delectable Doris. I renamed her. She just looked like a Doris. Her old name made her sound like a stripper - would have suited a flirty firey Arab mare but not a heavy weight carthorse like my Dore. ;)

I used to have a cat called Dave. He knew he was in trouble if I called him David!

Also used to know a GSD called Matthew! :D