Oh god no: Katie Price show will showcase her "incredible horsemanship" - kill me now

katelarge

Visit site
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/broadcasters/living-reveals-katie-price-plans/5017486.article

For those non-meeja types who don't subscribe, here is the lowdown below. Yet another nadir for the orange lilo. And such an insult to the REAL incredible horsemen and women out there.
----------------

Living’s plans for Katie Price include a factual reality series showcasing her “incredible horsemanship”, as well as the observational docs currently airing on ITV2.

Speaking today at the Edinburgh International TV festival, Living Group director of television Claudia Rosencrantz said the shows would attempt to show a “new side” to Price - “the most famous and followed female celebrity in the country”.

She added that the channel would start working with her towards the end of the year once her contract with rival ITV2 was up, and added that but there were currently no plans to use her as a presenter.
-------------

katelarge

Visit site
Er, considering that there are people on HHO competing in all disciplines to a high level (remember the day "Sarkie" commented on here?) then I think we can safely say no, she's NOT a better a rider than most people on here. Where do you get that from? There are many deserving riders who are better than most of us, and I'd like to see a series about THEIR incredible horsemanship. KP needs to get a life and sort out the circus that is her personal life, not get yet more media attention.

Montyforever

Visit site
Why does everyone feel the need to moan about her? :confused:

Shes just like any other rider on here, just very well off and in the spotlight!

minesadouble

Visit site
Ermmmm - better 'horsewoman' than most people on here??? Jees think I'll get myself off to another forum pronto if that's the case!!:)

katelarge

Visit site
We moan about her because instead of the media focusing on positive female equestrian role models - Lucinda Green, Pippa Funnell, Mary King, Lucinda Fredricks, Kelly Marks, Steph Croxford, Louise Bell - to name a VERY few right off the top of my head, they concentrate on a talentless surgery addict who competes at what is actually a very grassroots level and therefore does not deserve to be held up as a model of "incredible horsemanship". THAT'S why! I am not saying anything against KP pootling about at shows doing her thing - good luck to her - but to hold her up as an example of an "incredible" level of skill is just insulting. What is Lee Pearson then?

Allover

Visit site
We moan about her because instead of the media focusing on positive female equestrian role models - Lucinda Green, Pippa Funnell, Mary King, Lucinda Fredricks, Kelly Marks, Steph Croxford, Louise Bell - to name a VERY few right off the top of my head, they concentrate on a talentless surgery addict who competes at what is actually a very grassroots level and therefore does not deserve to be held up as a model of "incredible horsemanship". THAT'S why! I am not saying anything against KP pootling about at shows doing her thing - good luck to her - but to hold her up as an example of an "incredible" level of skill is just insulting. What is Lee Pearson then?

I second that!

In fact the only thing she has ever been good at is getting her Baps out and prostituting her private life!

TicTac

Visit site
I agree that it seems like another media hype to keep KP in the spotlight.

Please tell me where her 'incredable horsemanship' skills lie? I find her one of thease people that somehow you have to watch, but at the same time almost feel sorry for. She has the money and support group to buy some wonderful horses, but that doesn't make her skilful. She may be more knowledeable than we give her credit for but as far as achievements go............no. Sorry, there are far more skillful and interesting horsewomwn out there who deserve a showcase and it's not somebody who has a pink and glitter fettish.

bahumbug

Visit site
I agree that it seems like another media hype to keep KP in the spotlight.

Please tell me where her 'incredable horsemanship' skills lie? I find her one of thease people that somehow you have to watch, but at the same time almost feel sorry for. She has the money and support group to buy some wonderful horses, but that doesn't make her skilful. She may be more knowledeable than we give her credit for but as far as achievements go............no. Sorry, there are far more skillful and interesting horsewomwn out there who deserve a showcase and it's not somebody who has a pink and glitter fettish.

Funnily enough I don't find one has to watch this monstrous creature!

happyhack

Visit site
Why is there so much hatred o this forum for KP!!!!

Its clear from her programmes that she loves her horses and riding and has been riding since she was a young girl. Her horses are happy and healthy, she does not mistreat them or anything like that!!

Just because she is Katie Price/Jordan does not give anyone the right to slag her off.

If this post was titled "Mystery celeb show will showcase incredible horsemanship", there would probably be excitement and everyone would watch it, not knowing what to expect. But now there will be so many people sat with their fingers already hovering over the keyboard to slag her off just as the titles roll up!

bahumbug

Visit site
Why is there so much hatred o this forum for KP!!!!

Its clear from her programmes that she loves her horses and riding and has been riding since she was a young girl. Her horses are happy and healthy, she does not mistreat them or anything like that!!

Just because she is Katie Price/Jordan does not give anyone the right to slag her off.

If this post was titled "Mystery celeb show will showcase incredible horsemanship", there would probably be excitement and everyone would watch it, not knowing what to expect. But now there will be so many people sat with their fingers already hovering over the keyboard to slag her off just as the titles roll up!

Possibly, but the fact is if someone does not have a high opinon of a celebrity they are perfectly within their rights to express that. However I am sure KP is more than grateful for you support lol

Shortcut

Visit site
I doubt she has "incredible horsemanship" I'm sure she loves horses, but she hasnt started from the bottom and worked her way up like most of us. We dont ride for a couple of years and then ride at HOYS in a dressage performance, she certinatly didn't do all that in two years because of her Incredible horsemanship!!

katelarge

Visit site
First she was Jordan, a hyper-siliconed "glammer modell" who was mostly a figure of fun because of her ludicrous boobs. Then she "got serious" and used - gasp! Her aktewal, like, real name, right. Now she is, as the TV voiceovers would have us believe, "an author, model, businesswoman and equestrienne". Sadly her rise to "fame" has coincided with the reality TV bubble that propels people to an entirely unfounded fame just because they are willing to cavort in a never-ending spotlight for public entertainment.

And for those that think her a "really smart businesswoman" - wrong! What's "smart" about turning a perfectly good body and face into a grotesque parody of "what men want", objectifying and cheapening women in the process? What's "smart" about selling the rights to your most intimate moments, putting your kids on TV before they're old enough to even understand, let alone give their consent? If that's smart, if that's what we want to teach our kids to aspire to, then the world really is going down the toilet. Girls! No need to do well at school, go to university, educate and better yourself, work hard and believe you can be anything you want to be. Just get your face and tits done, shove them in a camera, and the money you make from that makes you a "smart businesswoman".

The reason KP attracts opinions like mine, which I'm sure are to her adoring public, very negative, is because she just never knows when to stop. When to stop with the dayglo tan, the facial work, the boobs, the diets, the awful outfits, the televised weddings, the post-wedding blessings, the reality shows - and the horses are just part of this. She is purely motivated by the money all this makes her, and as long as she gets paid, and gets (some) ratings, she will never stop. While she stays firmly in her idiot box, I don't mind at all, but when she is put in front of the public as a serious equestrian role model, that really is too much. An insult to true British equestrian talent.

SpockkyBoy

Visit site
I agree more respected riders in general should be aired on tv.

It seems to me one day she wasn't intrested in the equine world, the all of a sudden she starts buying horses to ride at a high level!? Co incidently decides to bring out a KP range of clothing and horseware.

Maybe people I know both horsey and non horsey (and in particular males) don't find her attractive or clever, and believe she does anything to get money and show off (Which almost cost her her life). Although her horses are well looked after and ridden by her grooms.

Ah well, it is ok for some who live the high life. Personally, I won't be watching it.

Tinkerbee

Visit site
Meh. Having seen videos of her riding, yep she is a FAR better rider than me. And probably a good few others on here...

Are glamour models too tacky for horses? She rode before she was "Jordan" as far as I know...

If Katie Price having another tv programme affects your life that much then perhaps you should take a flight to Pakistan, Zimbabwe or Afgahnistan... Get over it. I haven't a clue what she is doing atm because I don't watch tv (bar the news and Gossip Girl ;) ) and don't read trashy magazines.

If you feel she is so in your face, its YOU that perhaps has the problem, not her.
Until she is coming round my house, knocking on my door and forcing me to watch her on tv, I really couldn't care less what she does. :) Move on.

quirky

Visit site
I don't really have an opinion on KP, I don't read about her or watch her program, so am in no position to judge.

What I do think though, is if watching KP gets people interested in horses, which in turn leads to them having riding lessons, that is no bad thing.
I'm sure there are many riding schools out there that could do with the increased business :).

TeenDressageDiva

New User
Visit site
I'm not a KP fan, but one thing i do want to say is that she is an ok horsewoman, she didn't start riding 2 years ago when she became KP again, when she was young she was in PC etc, and i'm not lying, a family member knew her in her PC days. Personally i agree that there are alot more worthy people for the programme who don't get enough publicity, for goodness sake in Holland Anky has her own TV programme, and yet all of our riders are ignored.
Considering that how ever many years ago (2 i think) she was competing at Prelim and saying that she wanted to be at 2012 I can see why the general equestrian community is annoyed, and i honestly think that Living have lost it :D:):eek::cool:

Boyfriends come and go but a good horse will never leave you
Life is a sinking ship....remember to sing in the lifeboats

katelarge

Visit site
Er, where exactly did I say it affects my life? I don't read any tabloids, chat mags or watch "trash TV" either. And how would going to a developing or Muslim nation help? Puzzled...
What I'm doing is raising this news in front of an informed equestrian audience and beomaning the fact that equestrian women only get screen time when they've got massive bazoomas and a permatan.

Tinkerbee

Visit site
Er, where exactly did I say it affects my life? I don't read any tabloids, chat mags or watch "trash TV" either. And how would going to a developing or Muslim nation help? Puzzled...
What I'm doing is raising this news in front of an informed equestrian audience and beomaning the fact that equestrian women only get screen time when they've got massive bazoomas and a permatan.

My comment wasn't aimed solely at you, but given you spent so much time typing out your replies and felt the need to bring it to our attention in the first place, that in my book, is it affecting your life.

You might see that there are other things in the world other than "celebs"... and could spend your free time raising awareness on those things rather than another ITV2/3/4 offering...

Again, screen time depends on what you are watching. I've rarely seen her on tv, and never regarding horses, so I can't say I see the issue.

katelarge

Visit site
Tinkerbee - go back and read what I said - I DON'T WATCH THOSE SHOWS! Can you get your head around that? And all I did was put a post on here. As a professional media journalist, I have access to media news, which I put on here. I also touch type exceptionally quickly, so a "long post" actually takes me no time. Stop making me out to be a hysteric - I'm not. I'm making my opinion heard, and if you don't agree with it, don't take that a license to argue that I (a) have no life and (b) am being hysterical. You know nothing about me. Keep this on-topic please.

Hanno Verian

Visit site
I don't really have an opinion on KP, I don't read about her or watch her program, so am in no position to judge.

What I do think though, is if watching KP gets people interested in horses, which in turn leads to them having riding lessons, that is no bad thing.
I'm sure there are many riding schools out there that could do with the increased business :).

My complaint about KP is that to her, her horses are just a larger version of those revolting little dogs that Paris Hilton carries around in a handbag...

Her horseweed range is by and large trashy...all bling and bugger all use, aimed at the pre teenage female market that regard horses as an animated my little pony, to have glitter paint applied to their hooves etc. Only innate good manners would prevent me openly laughing at a rider wearing those fetching gold C3P0 boots

Personally I can’t stand the woman, she may be a capable rider, but I would never describe her as an incredible horsewoman, to do so denigrates and insults the thousands of hardworking and talented riders that we could each easily think of examples of our own acquaintance.

katelarge

Visit site
she may be a capable rider, but I would never describe her as an incredible horsewoman, to do so denigrates and insults the thousands of hardworking and talented riders that we could each easily think of examples of our own acquaintance.
In a nutshell. Well said. You must be another "celeb-obsessed hysteric" like me then!