Oh god...that jordanross asking more nonsence lol

jordanross

Visit site
this is kinda not related to daffi for a change lol. i have seen iforwilliams trailors for sale in the autotrader and wondered if they are a good trailor to have? by that i mean are they popular among you horsey folk or not? and if not which is the more popular useful type ? I need one for a 16.1 hh. and imagine i,ll need room for tack etc. I dont intend going anywhere atm LOL... its just another one of my ideas lmfao!

_daisy_

Visit site
personally i hate Ifors so would never have one even if it were given. but they are very popular and are at a decent price. But there are lots around on the web to look at - Bateson and Richardson are good and some have tack lockers in

3Beasties

Visit site
I have one of the new Ifor Williams trailers and love it. Some people would try and squeeze a horse of Daffi's size into the smaller HB505 Trailer but I personally wouldn't, I would go for the larger HB510 or if you can afford it the new HB511 - It is much lighter inside making it more inviting for the horse.

Scribbles

Visit site
I absolutely detest Ifors. People seem to buy them because you 'have' to have one to really be horsey and country-fied. They are nothing less than glorified tin cans, swelteringly hot inside in the summer, and ridiculously overpriced.

My old Bateson Ascot was amazing, made of carbonfibre so lovely and light, very cool and airy inside but windproof for keeping warm in winter, light and easy to tow and had a really clever tack locker inside which you didn't need to wheel in and out like you do with ifors.

Kayfm

Visit site
I have just purchased a new I Williams trailer. it is great. ive got the HB511 which is for 2 x 17.2 's as we have big horses. you can get a tack box which fixes to the door. will store 2 saddles etc. nice trailers we are very pleased with ours. Have a look at the web site. There are several models. Good luck.
grin.gif

jordanross

Visit site
hey scribbles thats a pretty funky cool lookin trailor youve got! I like that one too! I want a pink one! with glitter on the wheels!

Im jokin LMFAO

but it is a super cool lookin thing
smile.gif

Linz75

Visit site
A thumbs up for Ifor Williams too!
laugh.gif
IMHO - they are not ridiculously over priced, quite reasonable compared to what some people want for their second hand trailers....had a very slight issue with a couple of screws in the HB506, but all sorted out. Can have the ramp/jockey door on whatever side you wish, have a fabby big window at the front, tow very well & generally a nice trailer. Certainly not boiling hot inside & very roomy too. I wasn't a big fan until we got one, now I wouldn't go back.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I have an IW, really like it.

Just a word of warning, if I've read you other post right you're the same age as me and I had to take my trailer test. When did you pass you driving test? If it was in or after 1997 then you will need to take the test.

quirky

Visit site
I bought my Ifor because we have a fab dealer close by for servicing and he signed a chit that he'd buy it back for the same price if I sold within 5 years.

I like it because it is solid and does the job it is designed to. Other trailers I looked at in comparison seemed to be rather plasticy.

Kenzo

Visit site
I think the most important thing what ever make/model you go for it that it is in good working order and has been regularly serviced and well looked after and buy as big as you can afford, even if your horse does look a little lost in it rather than buying something because it sounds like a bargain or because everyone other Tom, Dick and Harry has one because as you will see everyone has different opinions and experiences, I seen a horse trash brand spanking new Richardson trailer within 10 seconds....many are made from different materials and metals and I its good to get as much factory info as you can and look round them all and consider what you will be towing it with, they all have different options..windows/ramps/dividers/front unload even down to where the tie rings are.
Some horses just simply don't get on with trailers but will travel happily in horse box or vice versa.
smile.gif

nokia

Visit site
We have a new one bought direct from the dealer in Narberth..and i have to say i am dissapointed. The build quality is not as good as the old one we px it for, it has gone rusty inside it already looks shabby, but we do keep it outside.

But its really good to tow with, light to pull, and doesnt rattle about but just dont like all the plastic in the new one, but the horses do travel well in it.

Theresa_F

Visit site
I am a fan of the Batesons - I have the baby Derby for my little cob. Lovely trailer - light and airy inside and they two nicely - you would not go wrong at looking at the Ascot.

They also seem to be less attractive to the light fingered members of the community compared to the Ivors.

Make sure that whatever you buy is suitable for the tow vehicle you use. I use my car which is fine for 1500 k for Chancer as the trailer I have is very light, though now he is turning rapidly into a big chunky lad, I have taken over OH's company Vito van which pulls 2.2 tonnes and is lovely.

The best thing is that you can put an airbed in the back on sleep over shows - better than trying to get a tent up in the rain.

Some people also like the 3.5 ton small lorry type vans - can be a minefield but if you don't want to have a very large car/van or 4 x 4 to run are an option to look at.

I would love one, but our other horse is a 17 hand clydesdale who really needs a 7.5 ton lorry or the equitrak large trailer.

If you only want occasional transport - you might be better off hiring one of the 3.5 ton little lorries as and when you want to travel - far cheaper than purchasing and running something.

emma69

Visit site
What would you be towing it with? It is something to take into consideration when you are making the decision on what sort of trailer, as the weights of the trailer + horse and tack will need to be less than the weight of the vehicle, and she is not a little pony!

merlinsquest

Visit site
I have an Ifor 505 for my 15.1hh boy and would say that I would buy a bigger one if I could
smile.gif

Only to see if he would travel with a partition in a larger one.... he falls over if the partition is in mine
frown.gif

But so far as quality is concerned.... Mine lives outside and still looks as good as the day I bought it 5 years ago!!!

LankyDoodle

Visit site
You will need a good 4x4 to pull it; if I am right in thinking this is the car you have (from your video) a vauxhall vectra or similar will not pull Daffi on a trailer.

Also, make sure you get the advice ont he other stuff and build up your relationship with her before you get a trailer (just my opinion), as it is a big purchase.

Ifor Williams is a good make of trailer, although I prefer my Equitrek.

Have you thought of joining your riding club? That might mean you can make horsey connections without having to move to a yard as such.

Rocky715

Visit site
I have the new ifor williams HB511 and it is FAB. i have been out in it in glorious sunshine.... and as I got the extra windows at the front which you can open slightly it stays nice and cool. it also has a brill vent on the roof which you can open!!! defo would recommend!

smirnoff_ice07

Visit site
Everyone up here seems to have Ifors, but then they are the only dealership in our area! They are lovely, solid trailers, we use a pretty new Richardson which is lighter weight but is really nice, bright and airy for my youngster, would recommend it but you might need something bigger for a 16.1, so prob an Ifor HB510 as others have said!