Oh Katie Price you horrid, cruel, evil woman... how dare you

Makemineacob

Visit site
theres plenty of people who do this and it doesn't appear in the newspapers. It's not personally my choice. as much as people dislike her, I highly doubt she did it herself.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
this one?
a065.gif

Deltic Blue

Visit site
A slight over reaction by the press! People do this all the time, just attacking her by the looks of it.
As much as I don't like them, it's done by lots of people with children and I can imagine a groom of hers probably did it anyway.

Overread

www.flickr.com
It's PETA being what they are best. Attention seekers in the generally lower end of the media machine (they used to aim higher but I suspect that they've found this niche works for them).

It's hard to take them seriously when on the one hand they talk of respect and pride for animals and on the other run shelters that do put down healthy animals. It's a rather nuts organisation and really shouldn't get the attention they do.

Even when they make rather sane points its hard to take their message seriously overall due to their history, background and general agendas.

Must admit I've often wondered if some of the more extreme patterns where there are thicker patches of covered and uncovered hair are an annoyance to a horse rather than an overall clipping of an area. One might imagine that having patchy cover of hair could be a pain when a cold wind whips up. But its hair that grows back regularly and with good speed and which at this time of year much of which is being lost anyway; and any who have anypets with thick coats will know that it tends to come out in a patchy nature anyway.

What is more distressing is linking to the sun or the daily mail ;P

Rollin

Visit site
When I reported, to every local welfare charity, a neighbour's horse at livery, who was clipped out and then turned out without a rug on the coldest night of the winter, in our part of Scotland,(-10deg) 'welfare' people justified his decision. I gave him a rug in the end which was destroyed because he did not check the mare every day. I don't regard the pretty patterns on ponies bum as cruel. Don't we have more important welfare issues?

Antw23uk

Visit site
What's the problem? Loads and loads and LOADS of people clip shapes, blimey I've seen some fantastic ones. Total overreaction. Its not like its a heart shape gouged out of the ponies flesh for gods sake. Get a grip!

Damnation

Visit site
Who cares!!its not as if its carved into them, ppl need to get a grip.its a clip!!lol

Thats PETA for you ;)

It's PETA being what they are best. Attention seekers in the generally lower end of the media machine (they used to aim higher but I suspect that they've found this niche works for them).

It's hard to take them seriously when on the one hand they talk of respect and pride for animals and on the other run shelters that do put down healthy animals. It's a rather nuts organisation and really shouldn't get the attention they do.

Did you know that when sheep are sheared they are all bloodied and practically skinned? (According to PETA)
The truth is they need clipped for their own welfare (Heat, fly strike etc) as they don't shed their own fleece! They are a load of idiots..

What a load of poo. What about poor horses who actually need help from charities.

Thats what I thought. Whatever we think of Katie Price, her horses are probably looked after to a very high standard and want for nothing!

Lets ignore the Essex horse crisis where animals are being dumped and some were in horrific conditions when they died a slow and traumatic death... Well done PETA!!!!

nikkimariet

Visit site
Oh fgs. Poor Katie. She may have done some questionable things in the past, but if there's one thing she isn't, it's cruel to any of her animals.

Templebar

Visit site
Shame on Peta, just in it for the papers. Next we will see their images of hunters and others that are fully clipped every winter looking just like their sheep, bloody and skinned to the bone.

I just love the pic of her dressed in that pink horse suit, captioned she wants to be taken seriously in the sport.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Wow, I wouldnt say this was a "cruelty" issue. Yes its pointless doing it IMO but then so are lots of stuff we do to our horses! There's far worse things going on in the country / world that PETA's focus should be on - that awful Chinese festival of eating dogs is coming up, surely that is a million times more worthwhile focusing on?!

Feival

Visit site
Ponies are dying on Bodmin Moor of starvation, none of the charities have lifted a finger. But this is news worthy? Bloody stupid!

rhylis

Visit site
Probably shouldn't say it but the second child in the video could well be causing the pony more discomfort than a few patterns on its bottom would.
What a load of press type fuss over nothing!

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Ponies are dying on Bodmin Moor of starvation, none of the charities have lifted a finger. But this is news worthy? Bloody stupid!

Good point, shame they didn't expose so called breaking and schooling yards that carry out horrendous things just to get a horse move the way their owner wishes them to but can't be bothered to put in the time and patience.

Damnation

Visit site

Again, PETA are absolute Twonks.

You have the Bodmin Moor ponies who are starving, the Essex horse crisis where horses are being dumped dead and emaciated, we have rescue centres full to bursting, unable to cope with the amount of equines being abandoned. Let alone cats, dogs and other animals.

We don't have the homes for the animals in this country and PETA have the audacity to say a few patches of missing fur that MAY ACCIDENTLY cut the horse is cruel? (Horses that probably live like Kings I may add. KP may be many things but she isn't cruel!)

Jog on you bunch of idiots.