Oh my word this could end badly

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
How damned irresponsible of the rescue centre to rehome a fertile bitch without finding out if she was pregnant when they knew what the legislation was going to be by the time they were born. 😠

ETA seems it was a private rehoming.

Last edited:

Lacuna

Visit site
Out of interest is there a limit advised as to how late a spay abort can be performed?

There is a similar situation in a local well meaning rescue. They took on a brother/sister Japanese Akita and found out the bitch was pregnant. they now have 5/6 inbred puppies to attempt to rehome. they are cute little buggers, but I wouldn't have let them go to term.

malwhit

Visit site
If it was too late to terminate the pregnancy, maybe the kindest thing to do would have been to put to sleep most of the puppies soon after birth.

It is not a nice thing to do, but no way can a "normal" household live with all those Bullies. The dogs would need to be kennelled or crated most of the time unless by some miracle they have the temperament of a Labrador. Then there is the worry what will happen to them if/when the owner can't cope. They can't legally be rehomed so the owner would have to make some tough decisions.

I can see a Go Fund Me page being set up for the cost of neutering them and other expenses.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
Given the situation with XLs they should have had put them down at birth. No point in being sentimental about it. When I was a child my aunt's bitch got out and got pregnant, had 12 beautiful pups. Vet put 8 down immediately and they reared 4 and found good homes for them. We thought it was sad but necessary. Those well meaning idiots haven't any idea just how badly this could turn out.