OK- Does the name suit......

_OC_

Visit site
your horse ......For example my cob is called DJ..(Yeah very naff... not that I am 16 years old with a pink bedroom-Private joke!!!).....now my vet who did the vetting on him had asked me to call him in the afternoon about a small detail and while talking he said and I quote <font color="blue"> </font> "Could you not call him Dave or something his names abit well eh!" Well now you don't so I understand change the name of boats as unlucky so his name has stayed,but, the girls do refer to him as Dave.....Does your equine suit his/her name!!!!
tongue.gif

monica123

Visit site
ummmm...i think mine does - but i have just come up with a nickname for her over the last week
her name is oakey - she is a bay mare so she is a bit 'oakey' like lol
i have re nicknamed her twitch as she is very ticklish and you know when they do that twitch when they have a fly, she does that all the time so it is impossible to clip her in some places hehe

Dogbetty141

Visit site
my gg is called sid inthink it suits him as he is a very posh horse who doesnt eat anything dirty or stand near any poo(poos in one corner of his stable) also doesnt eat off the floor. I think sid is a sort of posh grandfather name lol.

UKa

community.webshots.com
not fond of my girls name but she came with it: they called her Spyder (as in the sports car) but also because she has very slim legs (like a spider ...) - somehow it suits her only that I have to explain a lot that she is actually a girl and not a boy ...
confused.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
My horse is called Senza (as in the knicker shop LOL) and i think its suits her as its a pretty name to go with a pretty horse but i am biased
grin.gif

lillie07

Visit site
All my horses suit their names well I think! Megan- very pretty and very girlie. Chess is piebald hence the name- and you need to be tactical in handling/ riding her!! Bailey suits his name as he is sooo laid back and yummy!! And Lillie suited being called Lillie because she was gorgeous (I love lillies!!) I loaned a mare called Primaddonna and it couldnt have suited better
grin.gif

_OC_

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I love the name D.J, our african grey parrot has that name.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah I can see it would suit your african grey,but not a fat cob.....still if you yell his name across the field he comes bounding over to you only have to say it once!

Tia

Visit site
Spotty Horse is spotty.

Sureshot .....well no idea what that means or if he is like that.

Jet - definitley not, he is lazy.

Oscar - ??

Ezzy - YES! He is very easy.

Cloud - yes I suppose as she looks like a cloud.

Red - yes he is red.

Golden - yes she is golden.

Jill - no not my kind of name at all. Does anyone suit the name Jill?

Kate - no, dreadful name for a horse.

Jessie - yes she is a Jezebel.

Polar - yes and no, he is very big and fluffy, no because he is black.

Enfys

Visit site
Mini Cooper......welsh/arab bay g. Fast, nippy and fairly small. Yes

Flossie..............changed from Dessie (will always be a big white race horse to me) chestnut QH mare. Sweet but there's no substance to her. Yes

Robin................paint mare. Name doesn't suit her at all, I struggle to remember it most times, keep calling her Rosie.

Lola..................arab mare. Yes this name does suit her.

vivhewe

Visit site
Taffi is definitely a little welshman, it suits him down to the ground
grin.gif

I did think of changing Danny's when I bought him to Dandy, but then as it was bad luck decided not to. Now I've got used with Danny I can't imagine calling him anything else, and seeing as one of his nicknames is Dandy Dan at home anyway it doesn't make any difference.

Even Carrie, whose name I don't think I'd pick for a horse suited hers
smile.gif

sylvapak

Visit site
My horses name is belle... it suits her... but we generally call her blobby, blobs... have NO idea why... its my dads fault... he seems to find it amusing... and it stuck.... but chaning offical name... rather than the stupid ones we all have i think is bad luck

jackrussell

Visit site
My mare's name doesn't suit her, she's 16.2hh and a tough old bird, and is called "Sophie"... "moody old bag" suits her better.

(love her to bits though)

SSM

Visit site
No Gala is not a Gala - however she is a Donkey so she lives up to her stable name
grin.gif

Stinkerstonker lived up to both that name and her true name Grenella aka Nelly - Big Fat Nelly
grin.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
Oshka- original like the man himself, though he does get called oska alot
mad.gif

Bertha- love it, proper hunters always have old peoples names. We got her from a friend, who had 2other hunters- Morris and Audrey
grin.gif

Willow, which im sure is a girls name, and he is quite feminine.
Monty is abit plain, but monty is quite a plain jane.
Hurc- for obviously reasons, Hurculeses the huge- at 17.2hh he is...
BertieBassett- reminds me of a bassetts jelly baby- SOFT!
Hannah...nuff said!
Murphy- Yush, irish dude, suits him down to the ground and up to the sky!
Eric- looks like and old man, as name suggests
grin.gif

Daisy- very ladylike, and plain...
Thinking about it only pony I have had with a stupid name is Speedy- because he wasnt that speedy!!

Nic

Visit site
Angus is the tanks name and absolutely nothing else would suit him.

We named the big one Dubh (he arrived nameless) as it is Gaelic for black and he is!

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Well Finn's name isn't too bad - he's irish.... but (thankfully) not a giant

All my animal's names get changed around so he also gets called:

Finnbo, Finnegan, Finnbar, Fat-man, Big-man, his majesty.....the list goes on

Visit site
My mum's horse is called Monty and that does kind of suit him although it's not v. original lol he does look like a Monty
smile.gif

My pony, Pugwash has a unique name and it def. suits him.
grin.gif
It goes well with his cheeky character!
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

_OC_

Visit site
Just remembered a older friend who had a cob that came with the name BJ.......After lot's of sniggering on the yard some one explained to her what it stood for(...and I do not want to explain it to the younger forum members,thank you!!!!) he was given the name"BEE" alot easier I think...bless her!
wink.gif

maddielove

Visit site
i hate to say it but yes...yes it does

maddie-truely off her head, also seperates to mad-die..and she tried to kill the first vet we had out to her.
thankfully we found this out before it was urgent.

cazza

community.webshots.com
Ghost - as she's gray (although proper name is Elorini Torrini)
Roman Nose (AKA, Nosey) - she is very nosey and has a large Roman Nose (proper name is Cabanoza)
Casper - he's ghosts foal and is gray as well, and he's very friendly
Juice - Cos she's orange
OJ - Foal of Juice and is orange (orange juice)
J20 - Foal of Juice and is orange
Sabrina - she's a broodmare and she's a bit of a nice witch
the boy - real name Opera Rouge does suit him he's a bit of girl really
Brooklyn - had that name when I got her and it's stuck and she is built like a brick sh*thouse.
shocked.gif

jemima

Visit site
My beautifully bred, grey AA mare is known as Sprout, much to the horror of everyone who meets her! She has a suitably elegant registered name but "Sprout" has just stuck.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Not at all, we have a coloured called Blackie, go figure!

Just brought a horse called Stevie but is being re-named to Bodey, as he is just to handsome to be a Stevie!! Thank goad he doesn't know his name!

nomini

Visit site
My mare is called Alisha - a very girly name and she is definately girly! Her show name is Clearly Gucci and this suits her even more! Jigsaw suits him as he's coloured - am a bit biased though cos I named him lol!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Sorry slightly off topic but I hope my Bodey jumps as well as your Jigsaw (presume that’s the coloured below). Bodey is being broken at the moment!