Ok folks....the wait is over (hopefully..!!)

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I'm just stating what your friend said about your benefits so I'm just saying you should get the court case paid for you.
We also have proof and statements that it was a non refundable deposit yet she is willing to refund you, she will do it immediately, she just wants the thread removed because every Tom dick and harry is slating her and the mare when the mare is sound and fit for purpose and the seller is a genuine person.

Erm, the only element of this which made us question her integrity was not repaying the deposit. While some may have been overly frank in their assessment of the horse from the advert, the only real suggestion of poor character has been your behaviour and attitude on here.

TPO

Visit site
Regardless of if you're the seller or a friend of you are doing a really good job of digging a bigger hole for yourself/her and incriminating yourself/her further.

The vets report from the vetting is on the thread, can be used as evidence in the claim and refutes your statement regarding Horse's soundness (ie flexion tests for starters) which doesn't show you/seller as honest about it's condition now that you are on here posting what you have. No one cares about a few knocks and scars but the more serious aspects of the vet report are what caused the concern and why the horse was not fit for purpose for the potential buyer SLH.

If you're not the seller then if I was them I'd be angry at you for inflaming the situation and providing SLH with more written proof of the dishonesty that has taken place. You haven't helped her cause at all and possibly made it worse.

The money is not the sellers to keep. The receipt does not state it was non refundable. SLH was not verbally told it was non refundable/only to hold for vetting and had a friend there as witness. The money is not the sellers to use to blackmail SLH.

This is all easily resolved by sending SLH's £200 deposit back to her via bank transfer immediately. Otherwise small claims will ensure that happens. Surely no one wants that hanging over them for the sake of returning £200 that is not theirs to legally keep?

This is only a drama because of the deposit not being returned. The thread would have ended with the failed vetting and back to horse shopping. It's by trying to unlawfully keep the £200 that this has spiralled and as such that is how it easily it can be resolved.

indie1282

Visit site
At the moment I doubt I could afford one from JG but will get finances back on track before looking at any and then contact her :)

JG knew your budget before and if your on £200 down she may still have something. Just PM her and ask what she has! You could be wasting time looking at unsuitable horses when she has something just right for you.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Regardless of if you're the seller or a friend of you are doing a really good job of digging a bigger hole for yourself/her and incriminating yourself/her further.

The vets report from the vetting is on the thread, can be used as evidence in the claim and refutes your statement regarding Horse's soundness (ie flexion tests for starters) which doesn't show you/seller as honest about it's condition now that you are on here posting what you have. No one cares about a few knocks and scars but the more serious aspects of the vet report are what caused the concern and why the horse was not fit for purpose for the potential buyer SLH.

If you're not the seller then if I was them I'd be angry at you for inflaming the situation and providing SLH with more written proof of the dishonesty that has taken place. You haven't helped her cause at all and possibly made it worse.

The money is not the sellers to keep. The receipt does not state it was non refundable. SLH was not verbally told it was non refundable/only to hold for vetting and had a friend there as witness. The money is not the sellers to use to blackmail SLH.

This is all easily resolved by sending SLH's £200 deposit back to her via bank transfer immediately. Otherwise small claims will ensure that happens. Surely no one wants that hanging over them for the sake of returning £200 that is not theirs to legally keep?

This is only a drama because of the deposit not being returned. The thread would have ended with the failed vetting and back to horse shopping. It's by trying to unlawfully keep the £200 that this has spiralled and as such that is how it easily it can be resolved.

Plus who in their right mind would even consider viewing this horse now after all this?? Most people do a quick Google before viewing a horse. This thread shows what an unpleasant person the seller is.

Look I get that the vets findings were a shock. I'm willing to believe that you genuinely had no idea about the horse's neurological problems. But now you do and you have to suck it up and do the right thing for the horse, return the deposit and move on. It's called being a decent, responsible adult.

indie1282

Visit site
Gosh this has escalated!!

SLH definitely dont reply to the seller/friend on here and stop messaging/replying to their messages. You have filed a claim now let the court decide the outcome.

They are not going to voluntarily give you the deposit back - no way.

@JanetGeorge please let SLH know if you have a suitable horse within her price range?

Winter113

Visit site
And we want to return the deposit. Once all this has been deleted. It's not rocket science.
Under no circumstances will the money be returned until this whitch hunt has been deleted.

99% of you are really nasty people and are here for the drama not to help get the situation rectified.
And thanks southern comfort, we definitely didn't know the mare has the supposed issues

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Plus who in their right mind would even consider viewing this horse now after all this?? Most people do a quick Google before viewing a horse. This thread shows what an unpleasant person the seller is.

Look I get that the vets findings were a shock. I'm willing to believe that you genuinely had no idea about the horse's neurological problems. But now you do and you have to suck it up and do the right thing for the horse, return the deposit and move on. It's called being a decent, responsible adult.

Never mind the fact the horse sounds like a walking timebomb for issues, the unsavory characters involved in the sale are enough to make anyone have second thoughts! Yikes.

Goldenstar

Visit site
OP can not delete the thread and even if she could .
A seller can’t refuse to return a deposit dependant on the buyer doing something which did not form part of the contract when the deposit was paid .
It’s not going to be a defence when this gets to the small claims court .

indie1282

Visit site
And we want to return the deposit. Once all this has been deleted. It's not rocket science.
Under no circumstances will the money be returned until this whitch hunt has been deleted.

99% of you are really nasty people and are here for the drama not to help get the situation rectified.
And thanks southern comfort, we definitely didn't know the mare has the supposed issues

Only the admin team can delete threads and its up to them if they think it should be deleted so if the OP requests it there is no guarantee it will be taken down.

To me this seems like a small easily resolved matter that's gotten way out of hand.

If you put yourself in the OPs place for a minute - she loved the horse and was happy to leave a deposit in good faith to secure the horse until it got vetted. Although it didn't 'technically' fail the vet was very concerned that there was neurological issue that he/she felt would get worse in time and therefore advised extreme caution to the OP regarding purchasing this horse.

If your vet said this to you, would you still happily buy a horse that you know could potentially have serious problems later on? OP is looking for a horse to keep and love until the end if its days so understandably would not want to buy and expressed her disappointment and sadness on here.

I dont know how many horses you or the seller has sold but it is unusual to say that a deposit is not refundable- if I went to view a horse and the seller said my deposit was non refundable I would walk away from the sale.

I would bank transfer the £200 and move on from this.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Gosh, this has all got very "Facebook" overnight. That is where I usually see someone wade in, flounce, do silly behaviour, try to get everyone to join in, call everyone names for joining in.

I feel all swept along with the drama of it, so I will become all "Facebook dweller" on you...

large.jpg

TPO

Visit site

The sticking point is that the deposit should have been returned when SLH informed buyer that the horse was deemed not fit for her purpose due to findings during the vetting.

It is fair to assume that the deposit wasnt the first thing on seller's mind when they were told that information. However when they were contacted to ask for the deposit to be returned they should have done that immediately.

Instead that didnt happen and they have kept the money that should have been returned on Thursday pm. They are now trying to blackmail SLH before they will return the money.

Given that they have proven themselves not to be honest or trustworthy to date SLH is in the right not to comply with the demands. There is nothing to assure SLH that she will get her money even if the thread was removed.

Your posts have further confirmed that the seller acknowledges that the money is not theirs and should be returned but that they aren't doing that until demands are met.

No one has mentioned the seller by name yet you have posted on here using SLH name and tried to shame her over being in receipt of benefits and for having a disability. That is not the behaviour of a decent human being.

I'm really struggling to grasp what the issue is. Return what doesn't belong to the seller and that is the end of this thread which will disappear during a weekend of posting; dont refund the money and undoubtedly this thread will stay active until the small claim case is resolved. Just now the seller has to return £200 which does not belong to them. If they let it go to small claims they are also liable for £25 costs and if it does go to court a further £25. So that puts them at least £50 out of pocket of their own money on top of the £200 that isnt theirs to start with, never mind the emotional toll of having this hanging over their head and being dragged out.

It's not hard, just be a decent human and return SLH money to her. End of story

little_critter

Visit site
Just to show the other side of the coin.
The horse I had vetted on the same day had a pretty big failure early on in the vetting.
I believe it was a genuine surprise to the seller, they were apologetic.
They also messaged me later in the day saying they had had their own vet out to check the horse following the vetting findings and their vet confirmed the issue. They apologised again (no need, I felt more sorry for them).
There are good sellers out there too. It’s unfortunate you’ve found a bad one.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I had several horses fail the vet two,years ago when I was looking .
No seller asked for a deposit .
Non showed the horse to anyone else while it was waiting for vetting .
One seller refused to let the vet lunge the horse on the hard so the vet xrayed it’s hocks expensive vetting but a very very lucky escape for me .
There are good sellers out there .
This behaviour is not the norm in my experiance .

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

You don't get to choose the terms of refunding the money. Whether you said it was non returnable or not is now irrelevant. Who said what since is irrelevant.

You cannot fulfill your side of this contract, to supply a horse with no health issues, which is what you advertised.

Because you can't fulfill the contract, you must return the money.

So do it.

Now.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I've never left a deposit on a horse! I left one on a horsebox once, the mechanic who came to look at it told me not to touch it with a bargepole, and the seller refused to return my deposit so a good friend who was a solicitor wrote to him, and he returned it after all :)

@Winter113 as others have said, you don't get to dictate the terms of refunding the deposit. The seller is under a legal obligation to return the deposit, whether the OP is on benefits or had a 2 stage vetting or has green skin with spots on. Your behaviour is appalling.

HeyMich

Visit site
Jeezo, this is like a very bad taste, poorly written soap opera unfolding... I'd quite like to fast forward to the conclusion now please - and I'm sure OP would too!

Seller, and seller's friend - cough up! Now!!

OP - chin up and carry on. Not all sellers are complete arses, like these guys seem to be.

Admin (if you are here at weekends) - please don't delete this thread until OP can confirm deposit has been fully refunded.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Post the messages, I don't care.
IM ALSO NOT THE SELLER!

She knew it was to do with you, she told you that, hence why she put it. Their is nothing at all wrong with the mare.
Your friend said you were only paying for a stage 2 vetting.
You're a spreading a load of crap.
Cant believe the way you're letting it go on, why should a sound horse and respectable person be slated all over here? She will happily give you the money which she keeps staring but you're having none of it.

It makes no difference whether it was a 2 stage or a 5 stage vetting. The vet report indicates a problem. Perhaps the vet was too thorough? Perhaps the mare was having a bad day? Who knows. But the OP paid for advice and would be silly to ignore it.

It’s good to hear that the deposit will be back with the OP shortly.

Winter113

Visit site
You don't get to choose the terms of refunding the money. Whether you said it was non returnable or not is now irrelevant. Who said what since is irrelevant.

You cannot fulfill your side of this contract, to supply a horse with no health issues, which is what you advertised.

Because you can't fulfill the contract, you must return the money.

So do it.

Now.
Do one