Old kit!

pistolpete

Visit site
I have had to replace many things over the years but I have one or two bits of kit that have truly stood the test of time. A gorgeous quilted mark todd coat that in fairness I haven’t worn a lot but is sooo nice and at least 14 years old. Also my Toggi Calgary boots. Both of which have had a new zip but are still in pretty good nick. My Ariat Bromonts are still good too. Well over ten years but again only worn for lessons and riding. What have you got that’s lasted yonks?

Flame_

Visit site
I have a Colin Cook Thermalux that I had on my horse a few days ago. It's now used as a scruffy, covered in shavings, overnight warm cooler rug - not a show/ travel rug, but it's still in pretty respectable condition. I have a photo of our Flame wearing it as a travel rug to the beach in something like 1994 and it's been in and out of use ever since.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Clothes wise I actually thought this when I put on a T shirt the other day. I've used it every summer and some winters too as a vest; it was a Tesco one and I bought it when I worked there over thirty years ago; it's as good now as it ever was. I think it should be buried with me after that length of service - and I haven't finished with it yet!
Coat wise it has to be a Musto Snugs I bought second hand off eBay that lasted as my yard jacket for over ten years; it was only the cuffs breaking down and not being waterproof that let me throw it away. Another coat, which admittedly hasn't had a deal of use is a Fieldmaster padded jacket that I bought with winnings from a 100 club draw back in the eighties! Washes up as good as new each time and is now my yard jacket. I dread to think how old my Sainsbury jeans are and I wear them every day!

pistolpete

Visit site
I have a Horseware Ireland t shirt that I have literally worn to death! It’s going really thin around sleeves now and will have to be a winter vest. I loved it so much! Had a dressage horse on the front. It has to be ten or more but Lycra has gone I suppose. Pure cotton ones last much longer.

Spotherisk

Visit site
A Sprayway goretex coat which was a prototype - it has riding vents, I’ve never seen another. It’s well over 15 years old, is still waterproof, has been worn heavily and it’s still my go to.

Aigle Parcours, I’m many years into this second pair, must have had them about 12 years. The tread will go before anything else.

Lister Laser clippers. Bought them secondhand having seen them advertised in a newspaper (yeah a real paper one!) over 20 years ago. They haven’t had to work hard for me as I’ve only needed to clip about three times a season but they’ve never missed a beat. Just about to put them up for sale now all the horses are gone.

Horseysheepy

Visit site
I've got a pair of mountain horse high riders that are 22 years old now. Still looking good and will probably last me many more years!
Love old stuff, it seems better made and looks better imo. Not keen on the modern riding fashion, although I am tempted with an Equidry coat!

blitznbobs

Visit site
Looking through some of my clothes I have some ariat polos that I consider ‘ new’ but when I think back to when I bought them it is at least 8 years ago… and remember these are the clothes I consider as ‘new’ - some of my tee shirts I had when I was 12 and I am definitely ‘middle aged’ by anyones standard

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
My tweed jacket, bought new in 96, still going strong.... it did have about 4 to 5 years off due to wardrobe fairies shrinking it a bit, but miraculously it then fitted again!

2 x bridles from the early 90s still going strong, a show Pelham bit from the 80s still getting used on annual occasions.

A Chaskit rug, now doing sterling job as a yard tap wrap the last 8 years.....

Makes my oldest pair of Bromonts of 13 yrs old next month, look positively young! 🤣

teddy_

Visit site
I have a Stephens bridle that is at least 20 years old and it's still well, perfect 😄!

I actually cleaned it last night and attacked all the brass with Brasso.

humblepie

Visit site
Not really horsey but have a stockman’s coat which I bought for a £1 at Great Yorkshire early 1990s that I still use sometimes when getting ready at shows as keeps show clothes clean. Think it was worth the money.

humblepie

Visit site
Nearly all my stuff was purchased early 2000's, bridle still being used, saddle still in use weekly.
Well done to those with longstanding forks, i am master of breaking handles 🙄
I thought my fork was about 40 years old but OH is convinced it’s a replacement.

Skib

sites.google.com
Coat wise it has to be a Musto Snug over ten years;
Ditto. My Musto snug must be 20 years old. As are my short Ariat boots and my Mountain horse winter boots. Also my Musto winter riding jacket. I started riding in 2001 and a year later bought myself high quality clothes. If I hadnt put on weight, even the breeches would still be going strong.

Horseysheepy

Visit site
Oh yes got a couple of musto snug blousons!

Love them, only thing is the zip on the pockets are not easy to use, they snag on the fabric, but oh so warm and stylish I think!

Sadly, I had to throw away my older snug when it got into an argument with a bramble, riding through a tight gap and it got shredded back to front!!

m.l.c coloured

Visit site
I've got some old joules t-shirts that must be around 17 years old,I still wear them in winter as layers cos they are a tad freyed and holey but they are so comfy

littleshetland

Visit site
I'm currently using a 20year old bridle on my horse, and Ive got a pair of Ariat riding boots that are 22 years old. Ive got a stable rug that I bought 2nd hand nearly 30years ago - its been repaired a few times, but still does the job really well - goodness knows how old that is!

m.l.c coloured

Visit site
And a poly pad I had when I was a kid it's black with green trim and still use it that must be 20 plus years old although the fill isn't as thick as it were

meleeka

Visit site
I’ve just dug out a De Boiz anti rub vest that must be at least 25 years old. I haven’t used it in recent years, but it’s now going to have padding stitched on the wither. I’m very pleased I don’t have to buy another one.

I have Thermatex leg wraps that are well over 15 years old, that have been used every winter. They belonged to my old pony then when she was pts due to old age, they got passed to the next oldest one.