Old Rambo Turnout - What weight is it?

ff93

Visit site
I have a very old Rambo turn out rug, must be 15+ years old, but still in excellent condition as over the last few years it's only been used as a stable rug. All of the labels have faded and I want to know the weight of it in grams?
Did they make them in certain colours for certain weights?

It's pretty much the same as in the photo below, a standard neck, green with red binding (with a white line through the red binding). It's definitely a medium or heavy weight but hoping I can find out more specifically.

1584010522005.png

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have one like this, it has the nylon lining. Interested in replies if anyone knows for sure - mine feels and wears like a MW c200/250g. I have another Rambo MW to compare to which is how I judged it.

Archangel

Visit site
My old Rambo with that colour combination but solid red binding is a heavyweight 370 or 400g.
I think the white line ones were MW.

ETS - just gone out and checked and the inside binding has a white stripe in it but outside solid red and is definitely a HW. The HWs are really quite substantial rugs.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
My supremes have different coloured binding for different weights so I think you're right, Archangel.

ff93

Visit site
My old Rambo with that colour combination but solid red binding is a heavyweight 370 or 400g.
I think the white line ones were MW.

ETS - just gone out and checked and the inside binding has a white stripe in it but outside solid red and is definitely a HW. The HWs are really quite substantial rugs.

Now i'm wondering if it's just the inside of mine that has the white stripe?! I will have to check again tonight.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Fwiw, when I bought a rhino second hand randomly and thought it was heavier than my other one of the same colour horsewear were really helpful, and checked the details and told me it was likely a 370.

ff93

Visit site
I emailed Horseware as suggested by Ester and received the below reply:

Hi Fern,
Thank you for your enquiry,
Yes this would be the heavyweight around 350g, recent batches are now 400g. The Navy with red binding is the medium 200g weight. The 0g is also Green with red binding.
We still produce this rug in these colours.
Regards
Marketing Dept
Horseware Ireland