Olympic Eventing XC Thread

clairencappelli

Visit site
Argh i was just about to go to the loo ( on crutches after a fall xc schooling yesterday ) not jumping related tho. Horse was amazing and just some big stuff but stupid jockey was so pleased to have got over my final line of big fences, I steered poor horse under a tree. Ducked to avoid branch and horse went right and the tree and I got "close". Bashed my kidney and tore my glutis muscle and cant walk.

Oh christ, another gonner!

only_me

Visit site
Maybe a lot of riders are using the tree as a line and expecting that their horses will naturally back themselves off the tree?

TarrSteps

Visit site
Would they ever remove a fence?? although some combinations have made it look simple, it has cause a lot of hairy moments and now falls.

Not for something like this. If there was actually something obviously wrong with the fence or conditons were deteriorating the Ground Jury and rider's rep can discuss removing it but this fence does seem to have a "safe" way to ride it and there is always the option.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
The mare looks like something Lucinda Frederick would ride! Speedy and strong! (Bought from her) He is doing well though, but a little frightening to watch!

Man that fell was Carl from the Belgian team..