Olympic Eventing xc thread

Lexi_

Visit site
I think thats the one - Fence 19&20 the ski jump with the skinny brushes - she looped back up the hill to take the second brush/skinny

Incidentally, I really don't like that long route. It's just encouraging them to approach from trot and the course is hairy enough without that sort of thing!

Dunlin

Visit site
I'd really like our remaining 3 riders to have a nice safe round taking as many long routes as wanted because this x-country is not only a massive and technical 4* but one that needs some quite frankly frightening riding, not brave but literally take your brain out, kick and hope for the best!

Lexi_

Visit site
I can't help wishing the next three GB riders were on much more experienced cross country horses.... only William and Chilli have been round a 4* track. It seems to me that we took a risk that the dressage would be important and actually given the course design that hasn't paid off, particularly as we aren't even in a medal position post dressage... I'll be watching through my fingers hoping that our riders will watch the rounds, learn from others' mistakes and get the horses home!

I do agree with you, but I wouldn't worry too much about medal positions right now. There were only 5.7 marks between 1 & 4 place and most people are getting more time penalties than that! It'll look wildly different at the end of the day.

Annagain

Visit site
Incidentally, I really don't like that long route. It's just encouraging them to approach from trot and the course is hairy enough without that sort of thing!

I think that's the emergency long route that you take when the 2nd element goes t*ts up. The Brazilian guy took the 'proper' long route and it was much more forgiving.