Olympic Eventing xc thread

Lexi_

Visit site
Everyone wants Ranco! I thought that was a lovely round - not pushing it, just brave and honest.

Hurrah for the French bloke having a stop but gutted for Clare :(

j1ffy

Visit site
The next 5 after the Italian will be interesting to watch as there are few more experienced - Chris Burton, WFP, Tim Lipps, MT, MJ.

Dunlin

Visit site
Poor Clare, just not a good day. No idea what happened to Catherine Robinson. I'm watching on Sky Freesat channel 480 with commentary by Mike Tucker and Ian Stark and there really isn't much in the way of updates or what's happening when we don't see it, just commentary for what you see on screen.

sasquatch

Visit site
Everyone wants Ranco! I thought that was a lovely round - not pushing it, just brave and honest.

Hurrah for the French bloke having a stop but gutted for Clare :(

2 stops for Clare and they have no discount score after Padraig McCarthy's fall :(

be interesting to see which horses pass trot up tomorrow.

teapot

Visit site
Poor Clare, just not a good day. No idea what happened to Catherine Robinson. I'm watching on Sky Freesat channel 480 with commentary by Mike Tucker and Ian Stark and there really isn't much in the way of updates or what's happening when we don't see it, just commentary for what you see on screen.

That's all they see too

only_me

Visit site
Poor clare :( sparky not on form today :(

Wonder if riders are backing off a bit too much in an effort to be safe? And having more of an effect on horses who are used to being ridden forwards & attacking.

Mince Pie

Visit site
I'm slightly behind everyone as when I switched to 472 (sky) it went back a bit. Did the Chilean rider have a refusal or did he have 42.8 time faults?

Sarah_K

Visit site
I know it's still reasonably early, but to have 1 clear in the time and 2 with no jumping faults just time penalties doesn't look good for the sport. Not sure whether it would be better to play safe and go the longer routes at the bogey fences or just crack on.