OMG NFU premium hike- where do you all insure?

caramel

Visit site
I'm with petplan, who have been wonderful. Got my renewal end of jan, so dreading it! Horse will have exclusions plus he turns 15 tomorrow! Be classes as a veteran.

irish_only

Somewhere snowy in winter, lovely in summer
Visit site
After being quoted £600+ for house insurance and then them being quite obnoxious, I decided to look around for quotes for towing vehicle and trailers too when up for renewal. House insurance is now £200, cover for vehicle, trailer, very good breakdown/recovery/homestart at less than we pay NFU and much better cover, will be changing. Goodbye NFU after 15+ years.

Dollysox

Visit site
Two years ago my NFU premium for my oldie was massive - but they had quoted for a full policy and it reduced once I moved her to a Veteran policy. My not-quite-so-oldie, however is not ready for the Veteran policy and I couldn't get them to reduce so moved to Kbis. I was very sad to move as I have had brilliant service from NFU over the 15 years (and four major claims) I have been with them.

Arniebear

Visit site
Mine just hiked up too... Sadly im currently going through a claim with them so cant leave :( im paying triple my car insurance for my lad atm its insane!!

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
15 years of loyalty meant nothing last year with their massive hike and covering my horse for nothing other than colic, so I left, have a everything other than his back legs covered now for £200 less with KBIS!

lastchancer

www.facebook.com
I've been with Sherwater for years, very competent and they answer the phone promptly. I think you have to pay the premium upfront though, not sure as I do anyway.

Pie's mum

Visit site
I've just had my renewal through too. They want an extra £20 a month now the old git is 18. So annoyed, been with them for 10 years and never had a claim!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I've just had renewal through for 20 year old, £760! I have been with NFU for many years and also have my car and house with them, they are a great company to deal with but there is no way I can justify paying that much. The horse is virtually retired fgs. I can't move him because no one else will take him on so will have to think very hard about cancelling the insurance, which is what we did for our other old pony, once we established that she would be excluded from claims for most things anyhow :(

MagicMelon

Visit site
NFU are a joke, I was with them for about 6 years giving them a lot of money every year and never claimed, it got to the point where the increase was so ridiculous that I went to SEIB - they were much cheaper and soon after I had to claim which was so annoying as I would have liked to have got that back off NFU as pay back! But SEIB were brilliant with my claim - very helpful to deal with, had common sense and paid out with no problems at all. Should I have another pricey horse again then I will absolutely use them. NFU didnt even care less when I called to say I wouldnt be renewing, they were very offhand.

hoggedmane

Visit site
I've gone with pet plan equine, I did think about just putting £50 a month or so in a savings account because then if you don't claim at least you've something to show for it but decided not to risk it.

I do this - have saved about £15k in the last 15 years!