On Sunday we said Goodbye to Little Lad

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Condolences. My mare has same issues I may join you in making that decision shortly. Well done being brave and doing best for your boy

Hugs hunny. Our thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear this :(

How are the girls? Have they been okay with it?
We have 2 old dogs and I dread the day we lose them, the children will be gutted. The eldest one goes to PGL in September with school and she has already said about "what if one of the big dogs die" :(

The big dogs will always be alive in your girl's heart and memories.

So sorry to hear this.
It's never an easy decision but I know you've thought long and hard and been waiting for him to tell you when he'd had enough.
He obviously found the right family who listened to him throughout the time he was with you, right until the end.
RIP Merlin.

Aye lass. Maybe I should have done it sooner, and I nearly backed out this time, but to know that he's not in the field being kicked or stood on and that he's safe and not in pain, that's worth all these tears.

If it's any help, when I lost my youngster someone told me that it was his time to go and his role in this world had been fulfilled. I felt that role had been to teach me about horses and he'd done that so it was time for him to move on to whatever he was destined to do in his next life. I'm not sure if I believe in life after death but it sure comforted me when he left us for the great field in the sky.

Thank you for your words and hugs to you hunny for your loss.

So sorry to hear that he had reached the end. May I please take this opportunity to say that your girls reactions speak volumes about how you have brought them up, and such respect for the pony is a huge testament to your good work.

They are good people are the Ds. Thank you.

So sorry. It's amazing how they tell us. Mine seems to be at that point now with his artiritis :(

Thoughts are with you x

No wise words sorry, all I can do is send you hugs.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
RIP Little Lad.

Thank you hunny.

Sorry to hear, brave decision. X

Aye. Why is it that even when it's right it still hurts. Thank you.

RIP little pony. At least he left in comfort and amongst friends

Yes. He was happy eating all the things denied him for so long :). Carrots and apples and hugs and being told what a loved lad he was.

So sorry to hear that :-( my condolenscences to all of you. Rip Merlin

Thank you hunny.

Hugs, thinking of you and your family.

Thank you sweetie.

Awh so sorry Mrs. M. I saw a status on facebook and I wondered if that was your boy. RIP - he looked like a right character! x

I'm a FB numpty, so no idea if someone put something up about Merlin, but he was such a character that he got under visitor's skin, so could well be. Thank you hunny.

He looked like a lovely boy bless you all at this sad time.

He certainly could be lovely :D. Thank you.

Oh no sorry to hear this Mrs M :( .....R.I.P Little Lad.....he had the best life with all of you and you did the right thing by him xx

He seemed happy (don't care if that's anthromorphasising (can't spell!)), he certainly was happy eating, coming in for short periods for cuddles and a groom, then back out mooching about :D

Sorry to hear this RIP little lad and well done for making the right decision. XX

Thank you. Hurts, but was right. Just wish they could live forever.

So sorry to hear this - you did the right thing - you know when it's their time. xx

Aye lass. Have mooted it before, but his eye had never lost its sparkle until the last couple of weeks. 'He' was fading and we couldn't see him fail.

Oh MrsM I'm so sorry. Your love, respect and care for your horses really shines through on here, they are so lucky to have you, and you them.

x

Thank you darling. We are very lucky to have our Hairy Gang :)

((hugs)) MrsM & family
xx

Thank you so much darling. Your help and support meant everything to us. No idea how to repay you.

Best thing for Little Lad, but hardest for you. :(

He looks as if he has left many memories behind though! :)

A whole life of memories :). Most of them good :) Some of them 'Yikes!' But he'll always make me smile :D

So sorry for your loss, RIP little man thinking of you & your family x

Thank you hunny.

Bless you for making the right decision at the right time. It's never gets any easier..

Run free Little Lad xx

Nope it doesn't sweetie, but sadly we have to keep making it. Thank you.

I'm so so sorry for your loss and for the terribly hard and brave decision you had to face. RIP Little Lad xx

Thank you hunny. He's in a better for him place now.

Oh MrsM how terribly sad. My thoughts are with you and your family- the right decisions can be so hard to make. RIP wee fellow.

Thank you. It is sad. Right, but sad. I should be pleased he's not in pain and he's okay now, but the tears keep coming.

Sorry to hear of your loss; thoughts with you. RIP little man & run pain free over the rainbow bridge

Thank you. It's lovely to imagine him running over the Bridge, running with those that have gone before. Hopefully he'll be waiting for us when we get there, with that glint in his eye :)

He was a lucky boy to find you to understand and love him and work with his quirks and then finally to recognise that he was tired and had lost his spark and needed the end.

So sorry for your family and his other friends, RIP LL.

Aye. It was the sadness and loss of spark. His head so low. Just nearly not him any more. Thank you.

Bless him, what a loved pony.

Sleep tight little lad.

He liked sleeping and eating. He'll be as happy as Larry up there now :)

Sorry for your loss, but sounds like he had a wonderful home - especially one who made the ultimate decision at the right time.. Hugs to you all.xx

Such a final decision. He lives on though in our memories, making us smile through the tears :)

so so sad gone but never forgotten

Thank you hunny. No, never forgotten. Hugs.

So sorry for your loss, RIP LL, gone but not forgotten xx

Thank you. Definitely unforgettable :)

Sorry to hear that. But lucky Little Lad to have you all looking after him across the years.

We were lucky indeed :). Thank you.

He was a stunner. So sorry. RIP Little Man :( xxx

Yes! A good looking lad who knew it :D Some lovely memories of him with his real 'look at me' prance and float :D. Thank you.

oh i'm so sorry, its so hard to say good bye, i had to put a mare down 9 yrs ago and i still think of her. but there in horsey heaven now. bigs hugs

It hurts hunny. Hugs to you.

I had the pleasure of looking after this Cheeky little Monkey for a while.

We are all very upset here in Somerset, to hear the news that LL has passed over Rainbow Bridge.

As far as I am concerned LL was a special little chap and My thoughts and Best Wishes are with MrsM and her Girls as times like this are never easy

All say thank you hunny.

Oh MrsMozart,, i'm so sorry for you, i know that feeling. my thoughts are with you. RIP to Little Lad. xx

A strange feeling. Right but wrong at the same time. Hugs to you.

Wrong pone, right home - he had a great life with you by the sounds of it - and now running with the herd in the sky....sad news but the right choice..

Thank you hunny.

So sorry for your loss, he sounds like a proper cheeky and much loved family pony. So glad he had strong owners who did the right thing by him. Big hugs xx

Most definitely a character! I swear he would have been an inspiration for the Thelwell books :D

Gorgeous pony. RIP little lad:( My deepest sympathies to you OP and all your family.

Thank you. He was gorgeous to the end. His coat still had a shine when he lay in the sun for the last time.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss. What a super little chap he looked though. (((hugs))) to you all
RIP Little Lad, run free xx

Thank you. He was indeed :)

I am so sorry for your loss, just read your tribute to him and your understanding of and concern for your little pony just shines through it.
Best wishes

He was well worth it :) Thank you.

So sorry Mrs.M. He sounds like a right character.

Most definitely :D. Thank you.

Oh Mrs M, I am so very sorry.
My thoughts are with you and your family, and I hope you have many happy memories to treasure.

Hugs to you. xx

Many memories indeed :). Thank you.

Only just seen this glad you cared for him so well, so hard to have to make these decisions.

Aye. Hard even when it's right. Thank you.

RIP....hugs to you x

Ta sweetie.

so sorry to hear your news Mrs M, :( he sounds like a lovely character who will always have a special place in all your hearts.

Oh yes, he's snuggled right in there with the others :). Thank you.

RIP little pony... :-(

Thank you.

So sorry to hear that MrsM :( Massive hugs, he sounds like he was a great little pony. RIP Little Lad, run free :(

He was indeed a great lad. Good to think of him running free :). Thank you.

Hugs to you Mrs M. Lovely little man... X

Thank you for the hugs hunny.

Lovely pics Mrs M and some very happy memeories, you have done the right thing at the right time, as hard as it is for all of you, huge hugs from my family to yours xxx

You, as ever, have been a rock. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

So very very sorry - what a little cracker in the pics ! (((((((hugs))))))) sm xx

He took a good picture :). They make me grin :). Thank you.

Always very hard, even when they have told you it's time, so lots of sympathy. It sounds like you'll have some cracking memories of him as a real character in your lives.

Memories abound! Could write a book about the lad :) Thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss, thinking of you.. rest in peace xx

Thank you hunny.

So sorry to read this. The best thing that we can do for our special friends is to care to the very end, and you did that as hard as it was. Goodnight and God Bless Merlin. Thinking of you all at this very sad time x

Thank you sweetie. I'm so glad we were with him at the end and didn't ignore the signs (this time :( ). Hugs.

Very sorry for your loss MrsM
RIP Little Lad
You were very loved and will be sorely missed
Sx

Aye. He was and is. Thank you.

so sorry ...that decision that is always the the best for the most cherished of our horses is always the hardest for us...my sincere sympathies....

I wish there was someway to make it hurt less. Thank you.

I've always enjoyed your posts so much and this one seems like the end of an era. I felt as though I knew Little Lad and I am in tears at your lovely tribute and photos, so can only imagine how much you must all be missing him. I don't know what to say except that he was a gorgeous boy, who was lucky to have you all caring for him. Hugs and xxx.

Oh sweetie. It is the end of an era. I still can't get my head around having three instead of four. I get confused going to get them in, and wormers, and just planning. We'll get there. Thank you.

so sorry Mrs M. RIP Little Lad and enjoy yourself in your new dimension x

I think he will. All the grass he can eat, soft to roll in, no more sore joints. Bliss :). Thank you.

So sorry to hear this Hun. Huge, squeezie hugs! X

Thank you :). Hugs much appreciated by all :)

sarahann1

Visit site
So sorry for your loss, from your pics he had that cheeky chappy pony face that makes me smile, he was lucky to find you and your family.

indiat

Visit site
So sorry to hear of yur loss Ms M. It sounds like you were all lucky tohave found each other and he died a much loved pony. Very few have such a luxury. xx

PippiPony

Chocolatier and Greyhound lover
Visit site
Thank you so much darling. Your help and support meant everything to us. No idea how to repay you.

You know I was pleased to be able to do what little I could to make the day easier. You need do nothing for me. Your help & support & friendship over the last 3 years is more than enough :D
These are the times when we need our friends

((hugs))

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
He was a beautiful pony. Rest in peace Merlin.

Thank you :). He was indeed a beautiful lad :)

So sorry for your loss, from your pics he had that cheeky chappy pony face that makes me smile, he was lucky to find you and your family.

Definitely cheeky! :D Thank you.

So sorry to hear of yur loss Ms M. It sounds like you were all lucky tohave found each other and he died a much loved pony. Very few have such a luxury. xx

Very much loved hunny. It's sad that every one can't say that. Hugs.

Good night God Bless LL. Never easy but for the best. Hugs to you and yours MM. XX

All say thank you MD. Hugs appreciated.

I'm so sorry MrsM. It's never an easy decision but it's the last good thing we can do for our pets. RIP little lad

Nope. A pants decision, but you're right, we have to do it when it's the right thing to do. Hugs hunny.

You know I was pleased to be able to do what little I could to make the day easier. You need do nothing for me. Your help & support & friendship over the last 3 years is more than enough :D
These are the times when we need our friends

((hugs))

You've made me cry again m'duck. Happy and sad tears all mixed together.

Sorry Mrs M. What a cutie. Run free little lad xx

A cute face indeed. Makes me grin thinking of him :D

Thank you again all for your kind words, from the Ds and me.

misst

Visit site
RIP LL x Very sorry to read this but exactly as you say - the sun on his back and people he loved to care in the last moments - we could all wish for the same for ourselves.

The oldies leave a gap that is hard to fill - we lost our 28yo last month to her first bout of laminitis due to cushings:( The pictures of her grazing happily in the sun on lush grass whilst waiting for the vet (she was full of bute) are ones that I will treasure. I hope you will have many many happy memories of him. ((hugs))

dibbin

Visit site
Oh, MrsM, I am so sorry. Good on you for doing the right thing by Little Lad, I'm sure he would have thank you if he could.

Sleep well wee one xxx

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Awwww huge huggs to you and your family, he looked a lovely cheeky little fellow, RIP Little Lad x

He was indeed :D. Thank you :)

RIP LL x Very sorry to read this but exactly as you say - the sun on his back and people he loved to care in the last moments - we could all wish for the same for ourselves.

The oldies leave a gap that is hard to fill - we lost our 28yo last month to her first bout of laminitis due to cushings:( The pictures of her grazing happily in the sun on lush grass whilst waiting for the vet (she was full of bute) are ones that I will treasure. I hope you will have many many happy memories of him. ((hugs))

The sun was warm, a gentle breeze played with his fluffy little forelock, and he tucked into apples and carrots. The vet was one he knew, so he had no fear, and we were stood with him. Cuddles and strokes and apples and carrots and sun and warmth and a quiet and gentle and peaceful goodbye. I couldn't have asked for anything more. He'd had a tough time before he came to us and he deserved that at least.

Only just seen this, MrsM. So very, very sorry to hear. He was a lovely boy and was obviously much loved. Hugs to you all.

Thank you. Very, very much loved indeed.

sorry for your loss & RIP little pony!
hank

Thank you hunny.

RIP :(
((((hugs))))

Thank you kindly.

Oh, MrsM, I am so sorry. Good on you for doing the right thing by Little Lad, I'm sure he would have thank you if he could.

Sleep well wee one xxx

Thank you hunny. He'll be snoring gently :)

So sorry to see this Mrs M. :(

Sleep tight Little Lad

Thank you sweetie. Hugs.

I'm so sorry! RIP little man xx

Thank you kindly hunny. He's okay now :)

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Oh Mrs M I'm so sorry to hear this, hugs to you all x

Thank you darling.

I am so sad to hear this Mrs M, what a brave decision to make RIP Little Lad :O)

Don't know about brave hunny. Blinking hard that I do know. Thanks to good family and friends, made easier.

Many condolances to you all, its such a hard decision, but you made it at the right time. Hugs x

Thank you hunny. Hugs appreciated.

joeanne

Visit site
Oh how did I not see this?
I am desperately sorry for you and your daughters loss of what was an amazing pony.
He sounds like he taught your lasses about staying on, and they taught him about being loved and wanted.
What a bl00dy lucky little pony.

Tinker_Belle

Visit site
Oh, I am so sorry Mrs M :-(. What a gorgeous boy he looked to be, stunning and he looks so full of character and mischief in those photos.

Condolences and thoughts to you all, never an easy decision but always the right one to make when the time comes :-( It doesn't make the loss any easier but he is pain free now xxx.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
So sorry to hear this, even though we know we are doing the right thing it doesn't make it any less painful. Hugs to you and yours, RIP Little Lad.

Fii

Visit site
so sorry for your loss Mrs M, words are not enough to express what we feel when we lose a precious friend!!