Online competitions... have you ever won?

Jackson

Visit site
I religously enter the HH and other horse magazine competitions, but have never actually won anything save a nytack numnah two sizes two small and in pink for my gelding when I was six! Has anyone else ever been more sucessful? :p

Shantara

Visit site
Me and Ned came 5th in "Dirtiest horse" on facebook and we won a lovely big rosette!

NedlyWoods059.jpg

kiritiger

Visit site
I once won 2 tickets to all four days at Bramham Horse Trials but my mum wouldn't drive that far and definitely not on a school night so we never ended up going :(

jodie3

Visit site
I've won quite a few things in competitions, but I do enter a lot!

I've never won anything major through a nationwide type of comp like the H&H ones though, I find I win most by entering comps like on local radio or in local newspapers or else in very hobby specific magazines with a smaller readership.

Jaycee

Visit site
I've entered a few........won a Mark Todd Heavy Weight Turnout rug not soo long ago.....lovely rug going to be very much appreciated this winter if the weather forcasters have got it right!

ivandenisovich10

Visit site
I think I might just be greedy then or obsessed, last year won a lovely heavy weight combo exactly the right size for new horsey, various tack and headcollars, supplements, socks. And local radio I've won spa days, theatre tickets a lovely VIP racing day, lunches. Think I have competition OCD but got to be in it to win it :)

Capriole

Visit site
This year I have won a tub of vetroflex and some competition gloves :)

Ive won TWO vetroflex this year, wasnt what I was trying to win at all as I dont use it :lol:

Ive won a whole list of things but never what I REALLY want to win ;)

flair saddle pad inflatable thingie, check...horsebox...no
stirrup leathers, check....horse....no
tubs of this that and the other, check....trailer with a winters supply of bedmax...nope
rugs, check...posh saddle...pffft
and so on and so on

theres a comp I entered somewhere currently and the second prize sounds better to me that the first (lesson at the other end of the country) so for once I might be in with a chance ;)

:D

Garnet

Visit site
I won some Dublin River boots last year from Horse and Hound. I never expect to win anything, so I had completely forgotten that I had entered and when the boots turned up, unannounced with no sort of covering note, I was completely stumped! The only clue was a return address for Horseattack. I phoned them and spoke to a bemused shop assistant who saw the funny side of the situation and did some detective work for me. I didn't dare take them out of the box until I had a call back to say that they were really mine!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I've entered a few and been pretty lucky. I've won things like £300 of horsey clothing, a big hamper of horsey products, jods, riding boots etc. and lots of smaller things like supplements. I've had 2 items turn up which I didnt order and can only assume they were competition wins but no note included so no idea where they came from!

I also used to product test for a magazine so got to keep the stuff which included stuff like DVD's, bags and £100 jodphurs.

I do like winning clothing (as long as it fits - got some wellies once which were tiny even though right size!). At the moment, really want to win a set of new rugs!

Last edited:

MissChaos

Visit site
Bar a diary set from Bunty aged 8 and two tenners on consecutive lottos this year, I am saving all my luck for the YH horsebox competition. It is ABSOLUTELY going to be mine. Obviously :rolleyes: *weeps into keyboard*

Shavings

Visit site
I won tickets to hoys this year for the Tuesday October 4th I won them from snuggy hoods, they posted the tickets but they didn't arrive til October the 11th! Show had been and gone but snuggy hoods were very nice and sent me a lovely red sheep fleece saddle cover, have to say that is the first an only thing I have ever won

Wobblywibble

Visit site
A stable notice board, with spaces for vet's phone no, worming date etc. Useful enough I guess but not the saddle I was hoping for!

Other than thst I did win a cruise down the Nile a few years back, you got entered into a draw the more you used your credit card during two months, so other than spending I didn't even really enter. By the time the letter arrived, I'd forgotten all about it and ended up giving it to my parents as didn't want to go!