Online competitions... have you ever won?

Feathered

Visit site
Not online but my mum won a thorowgood cob saddle from your horse live about 7yrs ago.

We didn't need it though at the time so sold it on eBay, wish I had it now though, would be excellent for my youngster.

I enter loads online and in the mags but have never won anything :(

Fatpants

Visit site
As my mum says - if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all... Enter all sorts of things - yet to win a thing !!

I'm ever the optimist - keep entering !!

Capriole

Visit site
I won a fleece from Bluechip too. I was sure it said on the site if you win you will be notified by email, or something, but heard nothing. A while later I get a 'you werent at home' card from the Postie and thought, not expecting anything I wont bother going to see what it is its probably nothing I want lol.
Only called in to the PO as I was close by and its the Bluechip fleece, doh!

amber22

Visit site
I was a runner up in H & H comp to win trip to see world equestrian games in USA - I just got feed vouchers, saddle cloth & t shirt which didn't fit.

breezing

Visit site
I entered a competition in Horsedeals mag & won the use of a brand new SSangyong Rexton 4x4 for a year ,then last year won £100 worth of Spillers horse feed vouchers ,this year £100 worth poutry feed . I thought the phonecall about the car was a wind up but it duly arrived taxed & insured for a year ,total luxury ,now back to a tatty old pickup !!

cambrica

Visit site
I won a competition I didn't even enter !! Long long story but I helped a friend with her daughter who was recovering from an aneurysm come and help out as she wasn't allowed to ride. Then when she was given the all clear we found a pony for her. Without knowing she put my name up for 'angel of the month' in a horse magazine so I received Ariat cobalt pro-devon boots and Ariat chaps.:eek:
Also won £40 voucher in a christmas draw at my local tack shop TC Feeds

Business

Visit site
Not online so technically no but before the internet - in my day -:eek::rolleyes: I won a high Viz vest from the Northants BHS. They had seven to give away, first come first served type comp. and only 7 people entered to win one of the vests.

dollymix

Visit site
I've won a few things... Not the big prizes but enough small prizes to keep me entering! I have won a leather headcollar, codlavine supplement, riding gloves, grooming mitt etc

However, I recently won a gourmet weekend for two at a lovely hotel...2 nights B&B and 3 course evening meal! That was in our local country magazine

Last edited:

Madam Min

Visit site
When I was a kid I won a saddle from Robinsons but it didn't fit our horse so they gave me a trolley dash to the value of the saddle :)

Celestica

Visit site
That's something that annoys me too!

I suggest a Protest! I remember seeing a 2 page spread in PONYmag when I was younger about these two girls who won a trolly dash worth about 3,000. Still to this day I burn with jealously inside with the image of their two trollys full to the brim sticking in my mind!:mad:

mymissmegan

Visit site
I've won twice.
From your horse mag. First time I won a elevator bridle, John Whittaker numnah and a musto jacket. Then just before Xmas I won loads of naf hoof stuff!!! I'm always entering!!! X

guesstimation

Visit site
When I was off work I was entering all the horse ones I could find! I won a £150 riding hat, a dodo organiser, a pair of riding socks, a hat headband thing, some luminous straps, a copy of War Horse, a walking book, a first aid kit for horse and humans with a jacket, and I entered Fat Horse Slim and won that so got a years supply of horse feed! I didn't do too badly, I forget to enter now I'm back at work!

LittleTero

Visit site
what im wondering is has anyone ever won anything when they always tick the 'i dont want to hear about promotions' boxes? because ive never won anything despite years of entering and i always tick those boxes. It occurred to me that they may rig it that way. not that i can really blame them.

mcnaughty

Visit site
I've entered a few........won a Mark Todd Heavy Weight Turnout rug not soo long ago.....lovely rug going to be very much appreciated this winter if the weather forcasters have got it right!

LOL - they were!!

I have won a course walk at Blenheim twice with the same magazine! Also won a few non-horsey ones - latest two were a 51" TV and an iPad Mini!

Shazzababs

Visit site
I won an equissage last year, and £50 to spend in ALDI.

My OH is always doing competitions and wins all sorts of tat, but nothing big. On the other hand a mate of mine also does loads and wins loads too. Off the top of my head .... a years supply of Tyrrels crisps, 2 all expenses paid trips to the olympics.

Last year she won a pair of VIP tickets to Brughley show jumping day, complete with HSBC hospitality (including lunch with the olympic eventing team) and a chance to interview William Fox-Pitt with the other winners for 30 minutes. She didn't want them, so gave them to me and a mate, we loved every minute & I even have a picture of me wearing his silver medal!

Rosiefell

Visit site
Over the years I've won a saddle, tickets to the Royal Show & Badminton, a haynet, feed, sweet itch products, supplements and clothing. The latest one is a magic brush for writing a review of my insurance company :). I signed up to Equine Compare and get emails notifying me of the latest competitions.