Online dressage

HorsesRule2009

Visit site
Hey,

As the title suggests looking into online dressage, this is completely new to me is there more than 1 place that does it? Which do people find best?
Mainly looking for walk and trot and eas6 prelims.

Thank you for any help

andytiger

Visit site
I have been doing equitest you get 2 marks your normal dressage score and then a feedback sheet from a list 2 judge with ways to improve.so 2 chances
your sheets come in a box with hopefully a frilly,treats, and if your lucky a prize
have really enjoyed waiting for results would highly recommend

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I did Equitest last month too as they're the only ones going up to higher levels currently. i was pleased with what I got back in terms of comments and the rosette was lovely.

Britestar

Visit site
There are loads if you hunt for them and everyone will suggest a different one!
None should be using BD or BE tests at the moment, so will all have varying versions of their own tests.

I use Dressage4all, lovely rosettes and good feedback with proper sheets sent out to you.

DressageCob

Visit site
I used the Haygrazer E-rider last month and was really impressed. It's very well organised and the lady who answers the emails (Susie) is so nice and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

I looked at Equitest but found the website confusing because it kept sending me to a membership page. I was also confused because the tests seem to be PYO but I didn't think we were allowed to do BD tests at the moment. I might investigate it for this month though.

DressageCob

Visit site
I was having a look at Dressage4All but I cannot for the life of me get my head around their medium test.

https://www.dressage4all.co.uk/images/D4A_Tests/D4A_Medium_30_2020.pdf

At the start I think there is a typo and it means track right not track left, given you have to do shoulder in MBF.

But then in the canter work there is no change of lead. It just says you medium canter across HXF, collected canter at F then 10m circle at K. No simple change or change through trot, but it can't all be counter canter because you don't do counter canter 10m circles. Plus it would say counter canter. So I'm not going to do that one.

Widgeon

Visit site
Sorry to resurrect an older thread but I've been going through the more recent threads on online dressage and have just signed up for an Equitest account - as I'm completely new to all this I've downloaded their Intro Level 1 and Prelim Level 1 tests for 2020 to get me started. I've found the videos on YouTube and am going to watch them while clutching my test sheet in the hope that I will eventually memorise them....I think I may also need to invest in a new set of arena markers! Are there any other complete newbies out there having a go for the first time? Or does anyone have any tips?

Sheep

Visit site
I’ve not done much online dressage but I am a bit of a dressage newbie, competing regularly in unaff from March this year. I find drawing tests out on paper / whiteboard really helps me remember them!

If you are doing BD / BE / PC (or Irish equivalents if you happen to be this side of the water) tests you can also download diagrams from www.dressagediagrams.org - I do that with nearly every test, I can’t learn them without a diagram!

Good luck & enjoy ?

Bernster

Visit site
Am doing exactly the same! Yay. Never done it before but going to have a go. Not sure who to use right now so have asked for recommendations too, and am searching past threads for tips ☺️ I’d prefer BD or BE tests or ones that I’m likely to use again in a comp to get most bang for my buck. I’ve also googled some handy tips on getting the video set up right. I might need to invest in some markers as arena ones are in the wrong place (fixed) for the video and I’m terrible at judging without a marker!

have fun and let us know how you get on!