Online Shopping - Who's best and who to avoid?

Eluana

eluana.webs.com
As title really :)
I only really know of equestrian clearance, and they don't have one of the brands I'm looking for, so need some other places to browse and find/buy other things I don't really need :D

Would prefer places that don't cost a fortune in shipping or returns/exchanging if they don't fit though :p

horserugsnot4u

Visit site
I used tds saddlers a few years ago and they were very good. Using horserugs4u a couple of years ago has really put me off mail order but did order items from Equine Clearance a few weeks ago and they were great but as you said earlier, tend to stock limited brands. Still a very good range of things available, good prices and delivery was really quick.

competitiondiva

Visit site
Off the top of my head places i've used with no problem, bluepony, equestrian clearance, cybercheckout, mole valley, celtic equestrian, ok maybe i'm a bit of an internet shopaholic!! Not had good experiences with derby house, slow delivery (as in weeks then cancelled one order!) and quality of their own rugs, (fell apart within a month!).

Lotty

Visit site
One's who I've used lately and have been good are: equestrian clearance, gjwtitmuss (absolutely brilliant service), rideaway and the saddlery shop.

Eluana

eluana.webs.com
Thank you everyone :D
The Saddlery Shop has one of the things I was looking for & at a good price too, so I will probably end up using them if I decide on those boots :)

Has anyone brought from http://www.tacksales.co.uk/ ?
I've just found them through google, and they have one of the things I want at the cheapest price I've seen so far.

beenriding

Visit site
AVOID.....Horserugs4u
Lots on the net about them and how bad they were.
Still no change in November 2011 - they are still as bad to deal with and urge anyone to report them to Consumer Direct if they have had a recent bad experience

beenriding

Visit site
I used tds saddlers a few years ago and they were very good. Using horserugs4u a couple of years ago has really put me off mail order but did order items from Equine Clearance a few weeks ago and they were great but as you said earlier, tend to stock limited brands. Still a very good range of things available, good prices and delivery was really quick.
Still no better in Sept 2011...never answer the phone, full of delaying tactics.

Capriole

Visit site
I avoid DH after past debacles with them
HR4U obviously avoid .
Tack up, well :rolleyes:

Id advise you to do a really good online search of anywhere you dont know tbh.

clip_clop

Visit site
Don't use tackanory. I have had appalling service off them, in their terms and conditions they say they don't debit your payment card until your order is dispatched, however they do!

showjumpingfilly

Visit site
Wish I knew Derby House were
So bad before i ordered 3 weeks ago!! My parcel (not what I originally ordered anyway) FINALLY turned up today!!
Gave them benefit of doubt after a bad experience on my first order but certainly won't be ordering from them again!!!!
SO AVOID DERBY HOUSE!

Ingatestone saddlery are a local company to us but they habe a website and can be good. Although they are a shop so do not put all products on and can sometimes be pricey so worth looking around.

Had good experiences with robinsons, rideaway and equestrian clearance.

fizzer

Visit site
Cybercheckout , Equestrian Clearance , Old Mill Saddlery, Premier international equine, townfields, Hope valley, Snuggy Hoods, Equi wear, Performance Equestrian.
Had good service from all of these.

Shwmae not so good

Saddlery 4 u bargepole

Red30563

Visit site
I've used The Saddlery Shop, TDS, Country Supplies and Countrysmiths with no problems (Including efficient returns service).

I recently ordered from Hope Valley Saddlery for the first time as they had fantastic Horseware bargains in their sale. Not only did the items come the very next day, but I also got some free horse treats and a £5 voucher off my next order. Most impressed!

Brontie

Visit site
Used all the big ones and would recommend them all;
Rideaway
Derby House - Never had a problem with and i've ordered tons from them!
The Saddlery Shop
Equestrian Clearance

Also use 'valley animal supplies' very cheap, and Okay postage time :)

blood_magik

Visit site
ive never had any issues with DH, robinsons and equestrian clearance.
I would avoid tackanory as they a pair of boots I returned and were generally unhelpful.

depurple1

Visit site
I use Equi-box for supplements - they've got good prices and I've always had super fast delivery.

I used Robinsons once, and the item delivered wasn't as described, but when I kicked up a bit of a fuss they did correct it eventually.

Eileen Douglas has a website - I've not used it as I live near their shop, but if the website is anything like the shop it should be pretty good as they've really lovely and helpful.