Only gone and bought a foal...

windand rain

Visit site
Is it a C you want? Peter said he's got four fillies ;) I'm going to have a look at the A's too, not sure what he's got 3/4+ though, I only have the two stables and no more will come up...going to try and get some grazing too but its like gold dust unfortunately

Yes a C or a highland love fillies cant cope with boys as dont have the right facilities and all the encumbrants are filles and mares

HiPo'sHuman

Visit site
Yes a C or a highland love fillies cant cope with boys as dont have the right facilities and all the encumbrants are filles and mares

There's another chestnut filly on the menai fb page, she's got a beautiful head. He's got a couple of cracking colts too, I was sorely tempted but would be a shame to geld and I don't have the facilities (or the balls, pun intended!) to keep one entire. I'll have a good nosey when I visit and update the thread ;) He does produce fabulous stock.

On another note, did you see the highland that's just been advertised on fb, can't remember any details except he's 3 and bloody gorgeous! Seriously amazing.

Clodagh

Visit site
The best pony I ever had was a Welsh C chestnut mare, I loved her but she was intended for my son who then gave up and she was just too short coupled for me to be able to put a saddle on that suited both of us. Yes she had an opinion but was actually the calmest, safest pony ever. I wish I know where she was now.

tda

Visit site
Thank you, she’s fab! My friend said her cannons look a little long, I’m rubbish with confo but she doesn’t need to be a world beater anyway!
Why would someone say that, especially a friend, when you have that smart little thing to take home!! Smart matching socks 😍

debbielinder

Visit site
Wow i could have written this post! Glad its not just me having a mid life crisis! I'm now on count down 40 sleeps till my foal gets delivered. I to wasn't looking for anything, I've got a fab 14 yr old, I've had since an un backed 4 year old i adore and just spotted an advert for this beautiful warmblood filly that i couldn't get out of my head. So needless to say deposit is paid and we are all super excited i think shes going to keep us on our toes.

HiPo'sHuman

Visit site
Oh!! She is total cuteness overload!! That face and tail carriage....*melts*

I love her expression in the top pic, she’s giving some serious stink eye ;) I expect she’ll be the polar opposite of my cool as a cucumber Highland but it’s good to mix things up.

J1993

Visit site
I did the same 2 years ago and I now have a lovely 2 year old. It has gone so quick and so far has been definitely worth it! From her being unhandled and boxing her up to being able to do so much with her now. Its amazing to think that is all down to the time I've spent with her and the trust we have in each other. Enjoy every minute. It will go so quick! I can't wait for next year when mine is 3 and I can play about with her a bit more! She's literally had winter on a livery yard, out during the day and in at night and spends around april-october out at a stud with other broodmares/youngsters.

Suechoccy

Visit site
oooh she's lovely, looks like a big personality in there too. You will have loads of fun and maybe a few challenges I reckon but very rewarding overall. She's going to be beautiful as an adult too.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
glad you said that faracat because I thought I had noticed her black knees and hocks. Bay welsh mares are pretty cool too IME!

be positive

Visit site
glad you said that faracat because I thought I had noticed her black knees and hocks. Bay welsh mares are pretty cool too IME!

I also thought she was bay until everyone said what a lovely chestnut, I would expect the light hair in her mane and tail to go once she loses her baby fluff and the dark points should also become clearer/ more deep in colour.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
LOL, the youngster I have been admiring (but can't afford *sobs*) is grey. :D My grey is normally very clean and ladylike, I wonder if she has lulled me into a false sense of security RE greys, mud, stains and cleaning! :p

Leo Walker

Visit site
She is 100% bay! the creamy bits will shed out to black. She is so pretty. I was in the market for a youngster till things changed and I am so foal broody!

HiPo'sHuman

Visit site
Well guys, the excitement was short lived...circumstances literally changed overnight, I'll be moving to a new house 460 odd miles away with my own land and the set up just wouldn't be right for a weanling unfortunately. I've spoken to her breeder who has been so understanding, I also apologised profusely - feel like the biggest time waster. It really sucks being sensible :(