Opinions on Equipe saddles

Fun Times

Visit site
My response is in relation to the dressage saddle only (have never looked at the other saddles in their range). I have only sat in one in store and found it very comfy. From what I can gather, a lot of riders love them. However, my saddlefitter did say that he insists people use a prolite pad underneath as he does not feel they are sufficiently flocked for the average horse. On closer inspection, I saw what he meant as the panel is very slender. When you look at the pics of charlotte dujardin in hers, she does indeed have a number of gel pads and stuff under it.

Perhaps he was just trying to flog me a prolite pad too, but as I wasn't buying the equipe I doubt it.

Asha

Visit site
My very sensitive boy loves the equipe jumping saddle. Goes really well in it. We use it on my other horse as well, and although he's not as sensitive (I don't think he'd put up a fuss about anything you put on him) he does move so much better in it.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
My response is in relation to the dressage saddle only (have never looked at the other saddles in their range). I have only sat in one in store and found it very comfy. From what I can gather, a lot of riders love them. However, my saddlefitter did say that he insists people use a prolite pad underneath as he does not feel they are sufficiently flocked for the average horse. On closer inspection, I saw what he meant as the panel is very slender. When you look at the pics of charlotte dujardin in hers, she does indeed have a number of gel pads and stuff under it.

Perhaps he was just trying to flog me a prolite pad too, but as I wasn't buying the equipe I doubt it.

It certainly is the definition of close contact. I had a Wow before I got my equipe, and the lateral flexion in the wow tree gives you quite an interesting feel on a horse that moves through its back IMO. But when I first sat on my equipe, it was like the feel I was getting through the saddle was suddenly through a loudspeaker! It made me yelp with excitement! I do always use it with a sheepskin of some kind though, agree they are very very close saddles. I do like the foam flocking though - never been convinced by it before but my horse goes well in it and she's the judge, ultimately :)

Bigbenji

Visit site
I LOVE my equipe dressage saddle. Got it new in June, both my horses move better in it than anything else and it has helped my riding 100%.
Can you tell I'm a fan? 😉

HBrae2

Visit site
I tried a dressage one and my mare went very nicely in it but I found it very uncomfortable - it seemed very hard?

Llee94

Visit site
I have an equipe expression monoflap jumping saddle that I got second hand so it is a few years old. It is the most amazing saddle to compete in, puts you in perfect balance, horse has never jumped so well and makes everything feel effortless...BUT it is not very comfortable on the bottom. I like to hack out in my jumping saddles and it has taken a while to get used to this saddle. I certainly couldn't ride in it for a long period of time.

eggs

Visit site
I really like the Equipe Emporio dressage saddles. Unfortunately I've got to sell one of mine as it just does not for the horse. Two of my other horses are in the Emporio.