Opinions on the new lemieux colours

muddybay

Visit site
I love le mieux but don’t buy this “discontinued” but brought out in a verrrrry slightly different shade.

clever marketing!
They pressure people to buy colours that will be discontinued and then release the same colour the next year! Who bets the winter colour will be a dark purple called something like blackberry!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
They always come out with "new colors" that are just a shade off from previous ones. Based on the previews, I do like 2 out of the 3.

I didn't care for the fall colors at first, but bought an Ink Blue pad and prefer it over Benetton Blue, so sometimes changing the shade a bit does matter or appeal to me. So many beige/tans and oranges over the years though.

Usually if I like a new color I go through my existing pads and sell off what I don't really use, and use that money to buy the new one. Then I'm not such a terrible hoarder ?

DirectorFury

Visit site
I’ve given up on LeM since they discontinued the Eurojump cut as the CC cut don’t fit my jump saddle properly. When they discounted all the Eurojump pads I emailed to ask if they were being discontinued (as if I’d known I’d have bought loads) and they assured me they weren’t, then 6 weeks later it was announced that they weren’t coming back.

I’ve also found the colours quite boring for the last few years, they’re just repeats of old ones.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I wonder if this just happens. There are only so many colors and maybe they play it safe a bit with what they think will sell. I got quite bored with Eskadron too ?‍♀️ or they just had colors that clashed with my light bay.

muddybay

Visit site
I like the sage and the musk but I think the musk does look a lot like lavender which I already have! The champagne and mink are so similar and were brought out so close together which annoyed me the most!

Littlewills

Visit site
I much prefer Eskadron. I'm more of a bold bright colour and pattern person. Saying that I do love benneton blue and the tangerine orange they did. I've not seen the new colours yet, does anyone have a link?

muddybay

Visit site
I much prefer Eskadron. I'm more of a bold bright colour and pattern person. Saying that I do love benneton blue and the tangerine orange they did. I've not seen the new colours yet, does anyone have a link?
If you look at their instagram and facebook there are teasers on them!

black and brown

Visit site
The sage looks nice and something a bit different. The other two appear to be recycled versions of previous colours. Just like paprika was very similar to burnt orange, and mulberry was very similar to berry red.

TheSpottyCobby

Visit site
I just wish they’d get in decent stock of the existing colours and made the loire dressage cut in s/m in more of them ? (I’ve got the hunter green and was after the ink blue but alas!)

Northern Hare

Visit site
I recently sold some Lemieux saddle pads on eBay and I couldn’t believe how much they made. They were in nearly new condition in navy blue, but the bidding was fierce. Tbh, when I looked at some of the Lemieux saddle pads listed, it looked like some hadn’t even been washed, and they were still making £25+. I figured that there would be a good business there in buying stock, waiting for them to discontinue then selling!

Anyway, I know they’re not Lemieux, but I really like these “ombre” saddle pads from Weatherbeeta! ??❤️

https://www.weatherbeeta.co.uk/weatherbeeta-prime-ombre-dressage-saddle-pad

Mrs B

Visit site
As an aside, the Lemieux pads I've seen seem to go quite 'rough' on the underside after they've been washed a number of times and it's put me off buying one - anyone else find this? (I only buy when the binding near the girth's worn out so ideally they have to last 3 or 4 years.)

black and brown

Visit site
Some of my pads which are 5-6 years old have gone rough on the underside. I add a little fabric softener when I wash these. I've never had a pad go rough after just a few washes though.

Muddywellies

Visit site
People went gaga over their 'new' mulberry last year, which is near as damn it to an old one I've got (can't remember it's name tho). You honestly couldnt tell the difference in the two

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
The newer ones rub less it seems. Anything rubs my horse in the winter so I have to use sheepskin/their sensitive saddle cloths.

I've not had them get rougher.

I've got one Equito, and it's ok. The shape/size of LeMieux seems to suit my horse and saddle best.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I have the blush and am so annoyed they discontinued it as my new saddle is more jump cut than my previous so would like to swap my gp version for cc. But I absolutely refuse to pay £70 for a used saddle pad.

Kat

Visit site
I like the sage but the musk is very similar to lavender and the azure very like the turquoise they did a few years ago. But then Mink was like Champagne and Ink was very like Midnight.

Apart from the peacock set that I was given as a gift I only buy them when on sale, but I do like the pads, they fit and wear well.