Orange one does his first Advanced Medium

star

Visit site
Couldn't ask for more from this little horse. I have the most wonderful, encouraging trainer who has been making us feel that the world is our oyster despite him only being 15.2hh, having back legs a foot longer than his front ones and being built on his forehand. His brain is what makes him amazing. He just tries so hard! We were still doing Prelim 18months ago.

After months of him declaring he couldn't do flying changes the lightbulb went on and now he loves them so today we went and tested them out! Pleased to say we nailed 3 out of 4 of them with the final one just jumping together behind. He scored 7's for his halt/rein back, medium walk, extended walk, trot to canter, first flying change and extended canter! Finished on 62.568% from a List One judge. Am on Cloud 9 as there is so much more to come from him. It was far too hot for his liking and I know there are loads of little niggles we can iron out. He is such a little cracker.

Photo from lesson on Friday night:
GTyXLa5B9q7jSFZ07QLx5Hp6fYdDlxP1Rr1nHRoNd7Kl=w751-h520-no

And a bad quality one from the computer from today:
Chdz45vo2b6YfYkJRlivRDMc24DHS6EUDywT7_7WvLFo=w1186-h667-no

Our sheet and our red rossie (for being the only one in the section lol!)
Jo0LlIbVfK05d6YSROhmX50s4uCoC4_20y5odqE9_IYP=w376-h667-no

Little video clip from our lesson on Friday:

https://youtu.be/0ncHg1p-7fQ

Last edited:

j1ffy

Visit site
Wow well done! You're an inspiration as I have a 15.3hh with back legs longer than his front legs (and a few other issues but hopefully we can work through those...).

monte1

Visit site
WOW how fantastic , what a fantastic achievement !
well done to you and your lovely orange boy!

I think I know your trainer ;-) as we are fortunate enough to take the odd lesson with her , she is awesome and very inspiring!

star

Visit site
WOW how fantastic , what a fantastic achievement !
well done to you and your lovely orange boy!

I think I know your trainer ;-) as we are fortunate enough to take the odd lesson with her , she is awesome and very inspiring!

She has totally turned us around. Still can't believe how well he is doing now! She has plans for us to go PSG next year lol - I think she's mad but secretly hope she's right!

monte1

Visit site
WOW .. that is amazing !!!
he certainly has the right attitude. go for it!

we are doing our very first prelim test tomorrow, not expecting to much but it is a start!!!

She has totally turned us around. Still can't believe how well he is doing now! She has plans for us to go PSG next year lol - I think she's mad but secretly hope she's right!

star

Visit site
How fantastic! Well done and go for PSG next year!!!

Sounds insane but he's already got his 4 time changes and his 3's are nearly there plus he can do a passable canter half pirouette so with another year and good luck on our side we might manage it. Very conscious of not asking too much from a horse not exactly built for this level of dressage though and the last thing I want is to break him so we'll just see. He is such a giving kind of horse I don't want to take advantage of his lovely nature and push too far.

star

Visit site
WOW .. that is amazing !!!
he certainly has the right attitude. go for it!

we are doing our very first prelim test tomorrow, not expecting to much but it is a start!!!

Got to start somewhere. Love the progressive nature of dressage. Just keep plugging away and on you go!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Yay! Well done :lol: I'm so jealous! :eek::cool: My stoopid broken horse standing about in the field while you're out having a fantastic time!

& why would she be wrong about PSG... he's coming on so so well :)

star

Visit site
Yay! Well done :lol: I'm so jealous! :eek::cool: My stoopid broken horse standing about in the field while you're out having a fantastic time!

& why would she be wrong about PSG... he's coming on so so well :)

I know. It just sounds insane to me. All my life I've wanted to ride in top hat and tails. Ok, now it'll be crash hat and tails but I feel like it's actually within reach. He could go out and do an Advanced now and not make a complete hash of it so thinking tails for Xmas - eek! I have been there several times with the broken horse which is why we're now making the most of him being happy and sound as you never know how long it will last!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I know. It just sounds insane to me. All my life I've wanted to ride in top hat and tails. Ok, now it'll be crash hat and tails but I feel like it's actually within reach. He could go out and do an Advanced now and not make a complete hash of it so thinking tails for Xmas - eek! I have been there several times with the broken horse which is why we're now making the most of him being happy and sound as you never know how long it will last!

Absolutely :) I feel very lucky to have got to ride in TH&T eventing! It's MY dream to wear them at dressage, though at the moment project cob is only about to start Novice, so unless Millie gets fixed we are quite some way off.... ;) Keep the dream alive though, and double-yay for unlikely dressage horses :D What an achievement.