Orbit

Birker2020

Visit site
I did call call him BB today 😳
Yes I referred to Lari as Bailey a number of times, people would politely look at the floor too embarrassed to say anything but I wouldn't have cared if they did. 17 years doesn't just go away like that, and all your time spent with BB will mean you will do the same! Don't worry xx

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Admit it, he doesn't really need a feed in the dark on your way to work. You're just a big old softie who can't stay away from him 😁

He's got a lovely walk, I hope you're getting ready for all the comments you're going to get about "wasting" a potential competition horse.

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true πŸ˜‚
Admit it, he doesn't really need a feed in the dark on your way to work. You're just a big old softie who can't stay away from him 😁

He's got a lovely walk, I hope you're getting ready for all the comments you're going to get about wasting a potential competition horse.
He is actually hobbling a bit cause he lost a shoe the morning kevin brought him, but I plan to take them off next week anyway when the farrier comes,

Just for some forewarning…

To anyone…..
F*ck off with your comments about wasting a competition horse 🐴 if you wanted him that much you should have bought him.. you didnt.. I did .. so .. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

ycbm

Visit site
That won't stop them 🀣. You can give him the free range hacking life that most horses would give their eye teeth for and you'll still have people telling you he should be out eventing πŸ™ƒ I get people asking me constantly what my "plans"are for Charlie. Errrrr.... keep him sound? It's about a far as it goes these days for me. I wish I had your hacking.

ycbm

Visit site
What are your plans for Orbit?

🀣🀣🀣🀣

I mean I'm interested to know whether you know him well enough yet to plan to go straight to hacking out solo or whether you'll take him out in hand first? Judging from his reaction to the sheep he's pretty brave.

Barton Bounty

That won't stop them 🀣. You can give him the free range hacking life that most horses would give their eye teeth for and you'll still have people telling you he should be out eventing πŸ™ƒ I get people asking me constantly what my "plans"are for Charlie. Errrrr.... keep him sound? It's about a far as it goes these days for me.
Even if I was 25 I am pretty sure I would not want to be out eventing, I might however buy myself a box and go places hacking.
BB was sound his whole life and didnt need eventing or competing…. He could have probably done that easily if someone else bought him but instead he got waited on hoof by hoof by his loyal servant and he wanted for absolutely nothing, treated like a king every single day in life.
Orbit will hopefully be the same.. no pressure.. just the two of us having fun 😍 exploring the countryside 🐴

Barton Bounty

What are your plans for Orbit?

🀣🀣🀣🀣

I mean I'm interested to know whether you know him well enough yet to plan to go straight to hacking out solo or whether you'll take him out in hand first? Judging from his reaction to the sheep he's pretty brave.
I dont think he has any malice in him at all . Im going straight for it , no messing about πŸ˜‚ we wont be doing 7 days a week or anything yet but we will gradually build on just round the estate to adding a little bit of the road in , then I will just do what I did with BB and go and not worry, Ill take a leadrope in case I do have to get off but other than that. Im just going to wing it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Even if I was 25 I am pretty sure I would not want to be out eventing, I might however buy myself a box and go places hacking.
BB was sound his whole life and didnt need eventing or competing…. He could have probably done that easily if someone else bought him but instead he got waited on hoof by hoof by his loyal servant and he wanted for absolutely nothing, treated like a king every single day in life.
Orbit will hopefully be the same.. no pressure.. just the two of us having fun 😍 exploring the countryside 🐴

That sounds like bliss to me, he is a lucky boy and I’m sure he will be happy not eventing or being put under extra stress and so will you

Barton Bounty

Exactly, There is worse lives for a horse than a daily hacking buddy!

personally some of these horses end up broken because they are asked far too much of them to begin with.

I have however, asked hubby to make me a bigger mounting blockπŸ˜‚

He will end up 17hh i think
That sounds like bliss to me, he is a lucky boy and I’m sure he will be happy not eventing or being put under extra stress and so will you

Maxine67

Official Waffle Counter 🀣
Greater Manchester (although I still say Cheshire)
Visit site
I just tacked him up obviously made sure BBs tack was ok which I was pretty sure would be , he obviously lacks muscle in places BB had but hes a baby and he will gain his own. I am absolutely chuffed to bits 😍
What a lovely boy, I'm so happy for you ❀

Barton Bounty

I loved the no pressure of just hacking , although some days my mare could give me a few dodgy moments so there was a bit of stress involved … I was never a good competitor anyway as my nerves used to take over
Yeah im sure we will have a few hairy moments, my arse will be like a rabbits nose the first time out on the road πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

But we are in no hurry at all πŸ€—

Barton Bounty

To be honest ycbm and BB, people are probably jealous. Sod them and enjoy your horses, you shouldn't have to answer to anyone.
Im not, thats why I am making my point to f@ck off the comments are wasted πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Bradsmum

Visit site
This has to be one of the quickest horse buys this forum has seen in years - that is not meant to be a criticism - I am so pleased for you. I wish you many happy years of happy hacking and adventures together. He is being such a cool dude, what a great buy.

Barton Bounty

This has to be one of the quickest horse buys this forum has seen in years - that is not meant to be a criticism - I am so pleased for you. I wish you many happy years of happy hacking and adventures together. He is being such a cool dude, what a great buy.
That was one of the things that worried me, was I just jumping in? I was not remotely ready but having something relying on me has definitely perked me up a bit. Hes such a big baby and he needs me ❀️
Another unseen buy from solway trusted from kevins word πŸ₯°

Visit site

Pft! Btch please! We are both going to hoys in 2025 with Orbit and Champ! But I will beat you just cos πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

tristar

Visit site
I dont think he has any malice in him at all . Im going straight for it , no messing about πŸ˜‚ we wont be doing 7 days a week or anything yet but we will gradually build on just round the estate to adding a little bit of the road in , then I will just do what I did with BB and go and not worry, Ill take a leadrope in case I do have to get off but other than that. Im just going to wing it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

fortune favours the bold