Out killing

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Well I've just picked up DB - who was being dreadful - and put him outside with orders to catch a mouse/rat. I think that most people would do the same, he really is prickly when he attacks your ankles and he had 'killed' most of his toys and was still full of beans. He was like a little cat energy bomb. His next move would be to pounce on Kasper and then furiously pee on the curtains when he's told not to do that. He'll come in later and go to sleep and peace will reign. He grew up with dogs (before we had him) and they were apparently petrified of him. I can see it, he really is an absolute sod.

Kasper is much happier now too which is the main thing. :D

NinjaPony

Visit site
It definitely helps to pick a lazy cat if you want an indoor/restricted access cat. I deliberately chose a British Shorthair because they are very much indoor companion cats and enjoy that lifestyle. I wouldn’t have anything like a Bengal because they are so much more demanding and high energy.

conniegirl

Visit site
Jezza my beagle is very good at catching flys if they come close but nothing else.
Daisy my border terrier has had a mouse, a rabbit and a pidgeon.
The mouse she got whilst on the lead as well. We didn’t see it until she had it in her mouth.

(1/3 domestic cat hunts are successful on average; for reference, for tigers, it's 1/10. Pet cats are theoretically the most successful
african wild dogs have an 85% success rate.

[153312]

Visit site
Jezza my beagle is very good at catching flys if they come close but nothing else.
Daisy my border terrier has had a mouse, a rabbit and a pidgeon.
The mouse she got whilst on the lead as well. We didn’t see it until she had it in her mouth.

african wild dogs have an 85% success rate.

Ah, didn't know that, thank you!

Domestic cats are the most successful feline, though.

(Does anyone know what it is for mustelids?)

HashRouge

Visit site
OK so I've been thinking about this, who's 'problem' is it? At the moment, the 'problem' seems to be very much mine, because of an animal I don't even own, I'm the one having to protect my own and other people's pets and I don't think that's very fair.
I would have thought it was pretty clear I was referring to cat owners! As in, it's not always that easy to keep a cat as a house cat...

maisie06

Visit site
Luckily the only things my gundogs have killed is spiders! We keep them under close control, especially now when there are ground nesting birds around, although I do let them flush mallard drakes for training, naughty I know but the buggers are a pain scaring the horses on the farm tracks by suddely launching out of the ditches!

My Cocker brought me a manky myxi rabbit, still alive so I had to despatch it, poor thing and TBH I did wish I had my jrt who would have eaten it!!!