OUT OF STOCK

sarahmac77

Visit site
When I tried to buy a bicycle for my daughter for Christmas, my local shop wher I’ve always bought from, had no bikes in stock at all, and he said it was down to production due to covid. A lot of places are on skeleton staff so therefore production is way down. Maybe this is something to do with it? Not sure why brexit would have any effect, people still want to sell us their goods don’t they? but I guess it’s the easy option to blame it for all the ills of the world ?
Ah yes but bikes have been a huge thing because naturally no one wants to be on public transport. Not sure brushing boots have quite the same COVID related demand!.

sarahmac77

Visit site
When I tried to buy a bicycle for my daughter for Christmas, my local shop wher I’ve always bought from, had no bikes in stock at all, and he said it was down to production due to covid. A lot of places are on skeleton staff so therefore production is way down. Maybe this is something to do with it? Not sure why brexit would have any effect, people still want to sell us their goods don’t they? but I guess it’s the easy option to blame it for all the ills of the
When I tried to buy a bicycle for my daughter for Christmas, my local shop wher I’ve always bought from, had no bikes in stock at all, and he said it was down to production due to covid. A lot of places are on skeleton staff so therefore production is way down. Maybe this is something to do with it? Not sure why brexit would have any effect, people still want to sell us their goods don’t they? but I guess it’s the easy option to blame it for all the ills of the world ?

Let’s not turn this into a tedious Facebook-style Brexit conversation - of course it has an impact.

Reactions: JJS

southerncomfort

Visit site
Those waiting on orders to be delivered. Royal Mail have had a huge backlog since Christmas.

I ordered a bit from Naylors on 30th December and a day later ordered a saddle pad from them (must stop opening their emails!).

The saddle pad arrived via dpd within 48 hours but I'm still waiting for the bit. Contacted customer services and they said the bit went via RM.

Lots of people on our local FB community page have been complaining about not receiving parcels etc and an RM sorting office employee posted a photo of a monstrous pile of parcels waiting to be sorted. He said they are really short staffed because of people off sick or self isolating.

Kaylum

Visit site
Even before brexit the felixstowe ports were rammed full of containers as there werent enough drivers to get the loads collected. Companies were being charged a daily rate for storage. Prices will certainly be going up as air delivery is more sort after as it's much quicker.

shamrock2021

Visit site
Yeah it a crazy my sister ordered a food intolerance test because it was recommended by a doctor. You have to order it from the uk since Irish companies doesn’t do . It’s 3 weeks later and it’s still not here it costs €200 . I ordered a stable havey rug and I ended up getting a different brand from what I ordered because they didn’t have rug.

HappyDayz

Visit site
Just an FYI, there are several pairs of ex trade show display Le Chameau on eBay, seller 3236Hugh. I’ve finally managed to get some after trawling the internet for hours !

Last edited:

WelshD

Visit site
Lots of things are currently out of stock and I think its various things, some already mentioned

Issues with containers being in the wrong place

interruption to manufacturing abroad - we don't really know the facts of what's going on in so many countries, Some people suspect some countries are underplaying the true numbers of infected people

interruption to manufacturing here - at least one of the big feed producers has been struggling and scaled down production on less popular lines

Lorry drivers stuck at ports, lorry drivers ill. isolating etc etc

Goods stuck at ports - Brexit, lack of staff etc etc

Goods sat in stock rooms - lack of staff to unpack, check and then despatch

Increase in demand for certain items due to trends (matchy) or people kitting out lockdown ponies.

Some of what has come through the system till now will have ordered, paid for, made and shipped months ago and now those things are running out it will take a while for stocks to recover

Britestar

Visit site
Lots of things are currently out of stock and I think its various things, some already mentioned

Issues with containers being in the wrong place

interruption to manufacturing abroad - we don't really know the facts of what's going on in so many countries, Some people suspect some countries are underplaying the true numbers of infected people

interruption to manufacturing here - at least one of the big feed producers has been struggling and scaled down production on less popular lines

Lorry drivers stuck at ports, lorry drivers ill. isolating etc etc

Goods stuck at ports - Brexit, lack of staff etc etc

Goods sat in stock rooms - lack of staff to unpack, check and then despatch

Increase in demand for certain items due to trends (matchy) or people kitting out lockdown ponies.

Some of what has come through the system till now will have ordered, paid for, made and shipped months ago and now those things are running out it will take a while for stocks to recover

Society thinks they should be able to get everything instantly.
Those working in any part of the supply chain understand the above, but sadly most people aren't willing to understand or allow for what had been a highly usual situation.

Kaylum

Visit site
There are also a lot of online equestrian pop ups that are taking money in advance e.g. pre ordering as they don't have the money to pay upfront on big orders. It is always good to get an estimation of the pre-order delivery date and how long a reasonable delivery date will be and always check their terms and conditions before you make a pre-order. Can you get your money back if pre-order is late. Just be very careful from whom you are ordering from.

Pippity

Visit site
Those working in any part of the supply chain understand the above, but sadly most people aren't willing to understand or allow for what had been a highly usual situation.

I just want a bit of communication. One supplier (non-equestrian) contacted me to say they were out of stock, but were expecting the item to be back in stock w/c 18th Jan. I've just had notification that it's on its way.

Hope Valley? Deathly silence.

Kaylum

Visit site
Funnily enough I ordered from Hope Valley through Ebay. The best thing about that is ebay are very strict on dispatch times. It came two days later.

Pippity

Visit site
Funnily enough I ordered from Hope Valley through Ebay. The best thing about that is ebay are very strict on dispatch times. It came two days later.

They've always been really reliable in this past, but this order was just a complete disaster. What I'm most annoyed about is that, because it took so long to dispatch, they were out of stock on the riding boots by the time they came to send it. Straight-top boots for under £150 are so rare and I was so excited to find some!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site

Rubbish people are just discussing it as it’s something a lot of us have experienced recently. And the only actual complaints are about non-communication or taking orders for non-existent items.

Julia0803

Visit site
Well I spoke to soon re managing to finally find what I wanted in the size needed... email this morning from PayPal saying the shop had refunded my money.

I followed up with an email to the seller saying I assume my order is cancelled?... They claim they sent me a message saying item was now out of stock, but I can’t see it anywhere in PayPal and certainly didn’t arrive via email. At least the refund was quick I suppose.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Update from the supplier. For an order taken on the 29th December. So yes Brexit has had an impact.

“I am writing to you in regards to your recent order placed with us. I am sorry to inform you that we have been experiencing delays with our suppliers due to the new Brexit ruling on top of the current pandemic.

Your order will be shipped today, except for the Horseware Ireland Rambo Fleece Competition Sheet which will be shipped next week.

We apologise for this inconvenience, please let us know if you need any more information on your order.”

Fingers crossed I’ll get the sheet soon. Although that was the main part of the order and I really wanted it for the cold / wet weather.

Chianti

Visit site

I read several over seas companies saying they will no longer export to GB because of the new systems in place. They have to produce paperwork that wasn't required before and there are frequent halts while this is checked. This all adds to their costs.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Just got a second update. Just to confirm it is due to Brexit. I don’t feel like taking advantage of a business negatively affected by it I feel for them that they will lose sales at a difficult time.

“Hi there,

I am writing to you in regards to your recent order placed with us, we are extremely sorry to tell you that your order has been delayed. This is due to interruptions between our European warehouses and Customs due to Brexit.
What we are going to do is split your order so that the items that can be dispatched will leave our warehouse straight away, and the remainder we are hoping to ship within the next 7-10 working days.
If you would like the delayed items to remain on order then they will be dispatched as soon as possible. If however you do wish to cancel please send an email to xxxxxxxxx and a member of our customer service team will cancel your order and provide you with a full refund.
We have also enclosed a £10 Gift Card code at the bottom of this email which I hope you accept as a gesture of goodwill.”

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I've ordered 2 things from the UK post Brexit (well, one was pre but didn't ship right away) and it has been slow. Much slower than before and one has paper work issues. There's a customs form that requires a shipping barcode on it and the courier won't pick up the item without it (shipping all arranged and paid online prior to collection). I asked why there was no barcode with the label and they said they would put it on the parcel when it arrives at the depot.

Um, but it can't get to the depot without a barcode because you won't pick it up without one/without a completed customs form (which needs the barcode).

So yeah. I am no longer buying or ordering from the UK. I will spend the extra Euros here. The item(s) may cost less in the UK, but I don't care to have back and forth BS and for parcels to take 3 weeks.

Edit: no out of stock issues exactly.

Although it does take less time and less headache for a parcel to be sent from the US to Germany or vice versa. So I would think once everyone gets it together it could get a little bit better ?‍♀️

Last edited:

RubixCube

Visit site
Ordered quite a variety of things from G S Equestrian last week and it all came within 72 hours

You were lucky!! Everything i’ve ever ordered from GS has taken forever to arrive... But I forgive them as usually qualify for free delivery and they offer free returns! I hate paying for returns ?

Ride-Away, Derby House and Hope Valley are usually ok. Equus is brilliant re stock & free delivery but prices are usually a bit higher than the norm...

I’ve just realised I order way too much online! Haha!

Bernster

Visit site
Forageplus sent an email saying no couriers can be booked until January 14 due to backlogs. Luckily I got my delivery last week but have had a few things that have been delayed or not arrived lately.