OUT OF STOCK

catkin

Visit site
Generally I've found GS Equestrian good but when I last ordered from them it was almost a week before the item was even dispatched.

I ordered from them in the last few days and they sent an e-mail saying that they are currently running at between 5-7 days to despatch. That's fine, I know where it's at, and I try to allow extra time for deliveries at this time of year anyways.

This is almost the 'perfect storm' for all businesses even those well-used to mail-order: big increase in demand, stock stuck in containers elsewhere, pandemic meaning drivers and staff off sick, still a big backlog from christmas and then a complete change of paperwork systems just to add to the fun...........

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I ordered from them in the last few days and they sent an e-mail saying that they are currently running at between 5-7 days to despatch. That's fine, I know where it's at, and I try to allow extra time for deliveries at this time of year anyways.

This is almost the 'perfect storm' for all businesses even those well-used to mail-order: big increase in demand, stock stuck in containers elsewhere, pandemic meaning drivers and staff off sick, still a big backlog from christmas and then a complete change of paperwork systems just to add to the fun...........

My order that I’ve referred to above is from GS Equestrian made on 29th Dec with an original dispatch of 5-7 days. So you might find it optimistic.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
When I tried to buy a bicycle for my daughter for Christmas, my local shop wher I’ve always bought from, had no bikes in stock at all, and he said it was down to production due to covid. A lot of places are on skeleton staff so therefore production is way down. Maybe this is something to do with it? Not sure why brexit would have any effect, people still want to sell us their goods don’t they? but I guess it’s the easy option to blame it for all the ills of the world ?

My local bike shop has had very restricted stock on bikes since the start of Covid and just before Christmas when I ordered something they had a message on their website stating that they expected limited stock to continue until 2022. I understood it at the start of the pandemic as a lost of bikes are manufactured in China and also people seemed to be buying lockdown bikes as well as puppies and horses but was most surprised to see that it was continuing. I did notice they had stock of an English manufactured bike.

chocolategirl

Visit site
I read several over seas companies saying they will no longer export to GB because of the new systems in place. They have to produce paperwork that wasn't required before and there are frequent halts while this is checked. This all adds to their costs.
Oh well, their loss and hopefully it means more business opportunities for the UK ?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Oh well, their loss and hopefully it means more business opportunities for the UK ?

I think if you look up the thread people are struggling to buy things from the UK too and won’t be buying from us anymore.

I’m so looking forward to going back to the 1950s

ETA GS Equestrian is a UK retail company based in Devon so it’s affecting income for many British businesses. I’m sure they’re delighted.

Last edited:

Chianti

Visit site
I think if you look at fishing, farming, financial services, food production, musicians - you'll find they are less than delighted with the new regime. Fishermen are having to land their catches in Denmark because of export problems.

chocolategirl

Visit site
I think if you look up the thread people are struggling to buy things from the UK too and won’t be buying from us anymore.

I’m so looking forward to going back to the 1950s

ETA GS Equestrian is a UK retail company based in Devon so it’s affecting income for many British businesses. I’m sure they’re delighted.
But nothing to do with covid ?‍♀️

Sussexbythesea

Visit site

chocolategirl

Visit site
OH yes COvid is a Brexiters dream you can all blame that for current chaos and everything else that happens over the next decade.

Do you actually read the news?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55680315

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-55662704
What a truly despicable thing to say? I can assure you, this is not my dream in any way shape or form! Actually I think the reverse is more likely to be true, it’s a remain voters ?‍♀️And yes, I do watch the news, but not the BBC so I tend to get a more balanced view of what’s going on. It was probably because we voted leave that we got covid huh? That’ll teach us ? who said it was all going to be plain sailing? Bumps in the road was the description that sticks in my mind.

Last edited:

Chianti

Visit site
What a truly despicable thing to say? I can assure you, this is not my dream in any way shape or form! Actually I think the reverse is more likely to be true, it’s a remain voters ?‍♀️And yes, I do watch the news, but not the BBC so I tend to get a more balanced view of what’s going on. It was probably because we voted leave that we got covid huh? That’ll teach us ? who said it was all going to be plain sailing? Bumps in the road was the description that sticks in my mind.

'Bumps in the road' I think came after we voted to leave. Before that it was all sunshine and unicorns. 'We held all the cards' and 'they need us more than we need them.' Any paperwork required is a result of the deal Johnson signed which he told us in the 2019 election campaign was 'oven ready' and a 'great deal'. Now we find out that the Fisheries Minister hadn't read how the deal affected our fishing industry because she was setting up her local nativity trail! Forageplus on Twitter yesterday saying the haulage company they use are refusing to take their products to the EU. They've found another one but it will cost more. We've lost billions in financial services as the deal only covers trade not financial services so banks etc have moved their head offices to EU capitals- this will have a major hit on our GDP. As a remainer this is certainly not my dream as like everyone else I'll have to live with the consequences.

DiNozzo

Visit site

What news do you watch?