Overnight, Madam Carrie Cat has eaten a whole P@H Tuna Steak!

PurBee

Visit site
Im so sorry RF, that must have been shocking to go through, as her symptoms could have meant something treatable or serious. You gave her what must have been the time of her life living aboard with you, being totally doted upon. What a very lucky girl also, to have had a peaceful end due to your bravery and sensibility.
We’re here for you xx

Ratface

Visit site
Thank you, dear friends. I met the YO at the local M&S outlet, dutifully stocking-up on carrots for The Orange Horror and the rest of his herd. I told her about the demise of MCC. She said "Oh. Best thing for her, really." Then launched forth on the current misdemeanours of The Orange Horror. Reduced in number, apparently, but increased in intensity. I bought two bags of best-quality carrots to add to her offerings.

PurBee

Visit site
I've just spent two hours cleaning, clearing up litter kicked out with gay abandon out of the litter tray, wiping the dusty catty footprints off everywhere and crying.
How long will this dreadful grief last?
I found the female felines to also have a particular penchant for creating litter art with abandon, morseo than the males - who tend to do their business and leap out with self-disgust!

As animal lovers, we simply love loving them. It’s a complex grief that comes from unconditional love, tidal aswell as stormy. Hugs for strength rf xx

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I've just spent two hours cleaning, clearing up litter kicked out with gay abandon out of the litter tray, wiping the dusty catty footprints off everywhere and crying.
How long will this dreadful grief last?
It will last forever, but you'll be able to put the lid on it more easily with time. It's the price of love.

I'm Dun

Visit site
I'm so sorry. I always have to have another animal straight away. Not to replace them, but to give me a focus. Its coming into kitten season, and a pair of playful cheeky kittens would be a wonderful distraction for you. If not, there is another cat out there waiting to learn about boat life and being loved by someone. When you're ready they will find you.

Squeak

Visit site
I'm so sorry RF, I was really hoping it was good news. You gave MCC and KKK such a wonderful life and it's clear how loved they were.

A solace when I've lost beloved friends was that it was better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Mrs B

Visit site
Oh no! I am so very sorry to read this, Ratface. It sounded so much like MCC had turned a corner.
You're the loveliest owner, who treated both naughty little pieces of cat-hood like the royalty they deserved to be.
I wish I could think of anything at all to type to make it better but I know I can't.

Just know that we're all sitting next to you in the virtual world, in quiet sympathy x

Bluewaves

Visit site
What an awful shock, I am so sorry. Cats are such an intimate part of your life if you love them. It can be like losing part of yourself.

SilverLinings

Visit site
So sorry to hear of the loss of MCC @Ratface. It is clear from your posts how much you have loved your cats, and they have been lucky to have such a devoted and caring slave. I hope that the grief eases with time, and that the good memories become more prominent than the sadness.

Ratface

Visit site
I'm so sorry. I always have to have another animal straight away. Not to replace them, but to give me a focus. Its coming into kitten season, and a pair of playful cheeky kittens would be a wonderful distraction for you. If not, there is another cat out there waiting to learn about boat life and being loved by someone. When you're ready they will find you.
Thank you for your kind response. I've been looking at kitten adverts, but none of them are really speaking to me.
The last time that I had kittens was about thirty years ago. Zoos was a swaggering Killer Burmese who used to murder any wild life he could get hold of. He used to bring them back in triumph and crunch them up on the galley sole! Heera, his female Abyssinian wingwoman, would trot dutifully behind him and assist in the initial murder! Zoos would also go aboard other boats and steal bacon from momentarily unsupervised frying pans and underwear from washing lines! He was naughty and funny in equal measure.
They both had long lives: Zoos lived until he was eighteen and Heera to seventeen. Kidney disease got them both.