Overnight, Madam Carrie Cat has eaten a whole P@H Tuna Steak!

Cavalier

Visit site
I’m so sorry to read this. I really hoped for better news for you. You gave her a wonderful life. Please be kind to yourself and allow the next cat to find you

palo1

Visit site
Update on Madam Carrie Cat.
Pts an hour ago. Kidney and heart failure. Very quietly done.
Don't want to stay alive.
King Kevin Kat and Madam Carrie Cat. Both gone in the last year.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I completely understand the sense of devastation and I wish there were words to help. MCC sounded like she had a wonderful time with you - she was very fortunate and I'm really glad that there are people like you who give animals a blooming good life. I hope you can rest and process in your own time.

Above the snowline

Visit site
Heartbreaking but please be proud that you have been such a loving owner. Sadly the price of love is grief and it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. There is no need to get over your grief but that doesn’t mean that one day you won’t welcome another furry bundle into your life. Your cats were so lucky to have you and you still have much to give. Spoil yourself - you deserve it.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
So sorry to hear your sad news. I know it’s little comfort right now but taking these beautiful older cats under your wing and caring for them to the end is an amazing gift that you gave to them. I’m still grieving for my darling Pepperpot but I’m so grateful I had him in my life. I hope you can feel that way too eventually.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
So sorry to read this Ratface, it really is dreadfully sad xx
The rescue cat that OH got after losing Tiger earlier this year is the sort that would suit your setup - he mainly sleeps in the wardrobe, loves cuddles and has very little interest in going outside properly, preferring to just lounge about on the flat roof, so would likely make an excellent boat cat. I'm sure there will be another cat out there for you if/when you ever want another.

Thinking of you

Ratface

Visit site
So sorry to read this Ratface, it really is dreadfully sad xx
The rescue cat that OH got after losing Tiger earlier this year is the sort that would suit your setup - he mainly sleeps in the wardrobe, loves cuddles and has very little interest in going outside properly, preferring to just lounge about on the flat roof, so would likely make an excellent boat cat. I'm sure there will be another cat out there for you if/when you ever want another.

Thinking of you
Thank you, DabDab. I've just sent an email to the relevant person/department at Linneaus HQ. I have couched it in measured, factual terms. I don't know what effect it will have - if any - but I feel better having sent it.
Kind regards, G xx

Ratface

Visit site
If you can find the name of the CEO email them too. They get very upset at receiving complaints
Thank you, Cavalier. I'll do that when I'm feeling a bit less wiped out.
I keep finding yet more white cat hairs and shed claw covers, even though the barge has been completely cleaned from sole to headlining and from end to end.
Gx

Cavalier

Visit site
I keep finding yet more white cat hairs and shed claw covers, even though the barge has been completely cleaned from sole to headlining and from end to end.
Gx
Sorry, I hit the live button by mistake. When that happened with me I always thought of it as a little message that my cat was now fine and was thinking of me too. Silly perhaps but it brought me some comfort

Ratface

Visit site
Surprise, surprise! I've now had yet another pay up now demand from the vet practice - headed "Condolences"! The fifth in four days.
Gx

I have sent another measured response.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Surprise, surprise! I've now had yet another pay up now demand from the vet practice - headed "Condolences"! The fifth in four days.

I have sent another measured response.
Really, this is just clerical error - probably computer generated, and not intended to cause you distress. Which is of course no excuse, and you are completely correct to complain.

If it was me (and I am notably a bit odd), I'd regard it as a comedy of errors and use a spot of rage to assuage the sorrow.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I'm so sorry that you lost Madame Carrie Cat.
I'm so sorry that you two didn't get more time together, but I'm sure that she couldn't have had it any better than she had it during the time she got to live with you.
It's strange, because it feeels as if you had her much longer. It feels odd for me to think about a HHO without seeing any new posts/replies from you where you write about Madame Carrie Cat's opinions on various things, and her latest demands on your attention, and food.

Regarding that the vet clinic has sent 5 payments demands in 4 days, after that you already paid during the visit which ended with euthanasia, even though it's clearly a mistake, it just shouldn't happen, it's cruel. With maybe a tiny little hint of dark comedy. I'm in awe of that you're able to send them measured responses.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

gallopingby

Visit site
Ratface it’s good that the animals come back. I didn’t believe it happened until l had to have a very elderly dog who had been with me since a puppy pts. She came through the yard at a great rate of knots whilst l was feeding, l wondered what was going on for a minute before realising what had happened. Hope you’re ok today and you get a suitable response from the ‘top dogs’ very soon.