Owner rider insurance

shaskeen

Visit site
I want horse rider insurance and avail of the same cover I have when riding someone else's horses, my own horses aren't covered if I'm riding them?? it appears this insurance does not exist, I DON'T WANT to insure my horses, it's too expensive, and not being a believer in colic surgery there's no point, anyone have any recommendations please ☺

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
it does seem to exist, I've just looked at KBIS because they are my insurers (horses and lorry) and they offer a personal accident policy which doesn't say anything about only applying if you are riding someone else's horse :)

it specifically says:
A stand alone personal accident policy relates to the policyholder. This means you will be covered for riding/handling any horse for the level of activities to which you specified cover and to which is noted on your certificate of insurance.

shaskeen

Visit site
it does seem to exist, I've just looked at KBIS because they are my insurers (horses and lorry) and they offer a personal accident policy which doesn't say anything about only applying if you are riding someone else's horse :)

it specifically says:
NFU cover me riding other horses for:-£1000 tack, £2000 (accident) vets fees, Personal liability £2.5m, £20,000 death £50,000 legal expenses, there's more but I won't go on, it's a Horse and Rider schedule, I don't WANT to insure my horses, this type of policy would suit me perfectly, doesnt exist

scruffyponies

Visit site
Personal accident cover is practically worthless. The payouts are way too low to pay for whatever help you might need if you're seriously injured, let alone replace lost income etc.

Make sure you have public liability - then at least you won't lose your house.