Pads to stop the saddle slipping, any ideas?

mastermax

Visit site
I have a very round, traditional Highland Pony that wears an extra extra wide thorowgood saddle with the fish system. Although it fits him well, as soon as I go to do any form of work the saddle slips. I know this is due to his breed etc but I dont want to hurt his back by keep trying to get the saddle back into place so could anyone please reccommend a numnah or gel pad or anything I can put between his back and the saddle to stop it slipping.
Many thanks

lisab

Visit site
Try a Barnsby grip pad. I tried the gel ezee one and that worked for a bit but not in the end. My horse has v sensitive skin so I put a cotton griffin/nuumed hi wither numnah on underneath the Barnsby and it works a treat. But if yours is not sensitive, then the grip pad on its own would be good.

flowerlady

Visit site
God about 10 years ago I bought a non slip pad at Burghley it was brill. You could get two thicknesses and two different cuts. Friend had a rolly polly little cob who's saddle always slipped. But with this on it never moved. They had charcoal between the rubber layers but I can't remember the name have tried looking on google but can't find them. They were brill.

canteron

Visit site
Try a Barnsby grip pad. I tried the gel ezee one and that worked for a bit but not in the end. My horse has v sensitive skin so I put a cotton griffin/nuumed hi wither numnah on underneath the Barnsby and it works a treat. But if yours is not sensitive, then the grip pad on its own would be good.

I agree, Barnsby grip pads are great