Paranormal activity???

sykokat

Visit site
Picture this, at home, alone. So I thought. Minding my own business. Getting ready for work. Husband and son at work. Daughter left for college so just me. Then it happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the downstairs loo flushes itself!!!!!!!!:eek::eek: now what do you guys make of that!!!!! Freaked me out I can tell you!!!!

tinkandlily

Visit site
I'd have ran out :D Spooky

We had a thick wooden chopping board, and one morning came down to find it bent in a c shape :O
I try to look for a rational explanations for the strange, but i just couldn't understand what had happened.

Dio you think you'll sleep 2night? lol

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
:eek::eek:

Hmmmm Yes very strange! :eek:

In my old flat I used to get strange happenings that I always used to shrug off, but looking back! The microwavw would ping for no reason, I woke once to find the loft hatch wide open! it was one you had to push up and over, so not sure how that happened. I managed to convince my daughter it was the wind:rolleyes: My daughter came in to me one night saying she had just watched a box on her shelf move forward then fall onto the floor. I woke up on around 3 different occasions to find front door wide open, I always used to double lock it! Brushing my teeth and washing my face I used to have to turn round often with soap stinging my eyes as I could just sense someone there. The cat used to sit in the hall way and just stare madly. I used to get heightend hearing where I could here what sounded like my name whilst in bed, but couldn't make it out properly. I was happy to leave in the end.

But I look at it like if they are not chucking stuff at you, you;re ok. Just tell it to go towards the light!

Oh and look at the 'air' in yout house! In my flat it was kind of fuzzy! (like white noise on a t.v but obviously fainter Really weird.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Picture this, at home, alone. So I thought. Minding my own business. Getting ready for work. Husband and son at work. Daughter left for college so just me. Then it happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the downstairs loo flushes itself!!!!!!!!:eek::eek: now what do you guys make of that!!!!! Freaked me out I can tell you!!!!

You haven't got one of those cats like in the film Meet the Parents? Mr Jinks, who flushed the loo himself?

When I first moved into this house, every time I went to bed the bedroom door had been opened and the bedside light was on. It freaked me at first, then I figured that if I had a ghost it was quite a sweet one doing a turndown service! Yours is obviously house trained! It stopped when my OH moved in!

Kao

Visit site
o_o I'd have called the OH back from work to keep the monsters from getting me.
I keep hearing banging noises but never think anything of it. I'm still too scared to look in the mirror if it's got steam on it incase of what *might* happen.

tinkandlily

Visit site
:eek::eek:

Hmmmm Yes very strange! :eek:

In my old flat I used to get strange happenings that I always used to shrug off, but looking back! The microwavw would ping for no reason, I woke once to find the loft hatch wide open! it was one you had to push up and over, so not sure how that happened. I managed to convince my daughter it was the wind:rolleyes: My daughter came in to me one night saying she had just watched a box on her shelf move forward then fall onto the floor. I woke up on around 3 different occasions to find front door wide open, I always used to double lock it! Brushing my teeth and washing my face I used to have to turn round often with soap stinging my eyes as I could just sense someone there. The cat used to sit in the hall way and just stare madly. I used to get heightend hearing where I could here what sounded like my name whilst in bed, but couldn't make it out properly. I was happy to leave in the end.

But I look at it like if they are not chucking stuff at you, you;re ok. Just tell it to go towards the light!

Oh and look at the 'air' in yout house! In my flat it was kind of fuzzy!! Really weird.

Oh good god, i would have moved!!! i think i'd die of fright if my loft hach moved, i have the same one.
If woke to find my front door open, i'd keep ring the police lol

NeedNewHorse

Visit site
what do you guys make of that!!!!! !

I think I would die of shock right there and then!

I am always freaking out, convincing myself I can hear someone (or feel!!!) around my house!
Or when I am in the shower and my eyes are closed washing my hair i always think when I open them someone will be there, I can never hold them closed for long (it's like a dare yourself game I always lose lol)

Too many horror films and thriller novels for me I think!

x

diamondgeezer

Visit site
weird!!
I blame the time of year. spooks are coming out for halloween!!!

I was watching tele on saturday night and nipped to kitchen to put kettle on when i came back the tele was on pause, Hmmm Strange as i dont remember pausing it. Went back into kitchen 2-3 mins later and know that the tele was still on as i was listening too it as walked to kitchen came back in a few mins later and it was paused again!! Decided to leave the cuppa and opened a bottle of wine as was in on my own.

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
Oh good god, i would have moved!!! i think i'd die of fright if my loft hach moved, i have the same one.
If woke to find my front door open, i'd keep ring the police lol

Haha, well looking back, at the time you just think it very odd but just get on with things. Only time I was scared as such was whilst washing my face, and in bed hearing whispers! :eek:

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
Well it didnt leave the seat up so definately a female! Also, the heating sometimes clicks on for no reason but I have never known a ghost to feel the cold!

Leave a covering of talc in your hallway! You will soon know then :eek:

Please excuse all my spelling mistakes in previous post, too tired :D

tinkandlily

Visit site
I think I would die of shock right there and then!

I am always freaking out, convincing myself I can hear someone (or feel!!!) around my house!
Or when I am in the shower and my eyes are closed washing my hair i always think when I open them someone will be there, I can never hold them closed for long (it's like a dare yourself game I always lose lol)

Too many horror films and thriller novels for me I think!

x

Do you know, i am the same, i rush through my hair, because i don't like having my eyes closed in the shower, in case someones there, thought i was the only one;)

When i can't sleep at night, i seem to listen to EVERY sound, and get convinced someones trying to break in :eek: I've actualy thought of going to the docs on one occasion because i didn't go sleep to 3 am.:eek:

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
some really good stories above!
our bed used to shake, proper shake. the bedside table was still and so was everything else in the room. (no bonking going in at the time lol). It got so bad that we even called the met office to see if there had been any tremors. there was also a fake mobile phone which used to ring, it happened after i took the batteries out. had loads of things, these are just a couple.
best thing to do is just to say thanks for visiting but they are making you uncomfortable and could they please go now.

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Firstly Cougar - ahem - have you drank anything which may have contained alcohol???
Secondly, as it appears to be such a hygienic ghost, can you get it to come and muck my stables out ( see my easibed post)

PS - Had it washed it hands? Was the soap wet??
x

Queenbee87

Visit site
best thing to do is just to say thanks for visiting but they are making you uncomfortable and could they please go now.

The best thing to do is to run out of the house screaming!!! :D

Shouldn't have read this just before bedtime- I'll be up all night now thinking of every scary story I have ever heard. I have an overactive imagination! :eek::cool:

tinkandlily

Visit site
Chestnuttymare, you've just reminded me of a time a few years ago, i had just finished babysitting, and as soon as i got into my bedroom, the alam clock started making a noise, like when you get interference on a radio, i just ignored it and fell into bed, when i got comfy, i felt the bottom of the bed go down, like someone was sitting on it, it scared me a bit but as it was 2 in the morning i thought it was my mind playing up.

Told my OH in the morning, but he thought i was just imagining it, but it happed the next night, while we were talking ( just talking honest) and he felt it too, i don't think i ever felt so scared in my life, it only happened twice, thank god. Very strange.

NeedNewHorse

Visit site
Do you know, i am the same, i rush through my hair, because i don't like having my eyes closed in the shower, in case someones there, thought i was the only one;)

When i can't sleep at night, i seem to listen to EVERY sound, and get convinced someones trying to break in :eek: I've actualy thought of going to the docs on one occasion because i didn't go sleep to 3 am.:eek:

Phew.. Good to know I am not the only one!xx

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
I won't tell you guys about my floating riding boot in the haunted apartment we use to live in Montreal when I was 15!!! There was also the time the young soldier (he looked about 17 or 18) stood at the bottom of my bed talking to me just before I had to get up for school as he fancied me being "his girl"! We only stayed in that apartment for 3 months, we left not long after the young ghost soldier spoke to me!

I'm not crazy, really!!

king_of_diamonds

www.wordpress.com
Now thats spooky.

One day, my mum and dad were in the living room and heared the front door, downstairs, slam shut. They heard footsteps comming up the stairs, up the hall way, right up to the sitting room door and...nothing. Apparently they called and my dad checked, nobody there!

I've never had any spooky experience myself though, my mum and dad have apparently had a few!

0ldmare

Visit site
Yep that would have given me a shock too!

Never had anything where I live now, but had some odd things at my old cottage. At night there was always quite a lot of thumps and bangs. I always put it down to my 2 energetic cats (note to nervous peeps, its worth considering getting a cat or dog so any nightime noise can be attributed to them!)

Anyway, I digress, one night there was the usual noise going on downstairs and I thought blooming cats, until I realised I'd taken them to the cattery that day as I was going on holiday v early the next day!

A few months after the scary nightime thing my keys started to always be on the table in the morning no matter where I put them the night before. In the end I gave up and always left them on the table as I figured my 'ghost' was a bit OCD :D

Nothing much else happened and the house felt 'friendly' so I just got used to it and stopped worrying, but I'm not sorry I don't have anything in this house :)

PonyFeet10

Visit site
This isn't so much of a ghost in the house but still very strange..

My boyfriends mother once owned a little trinket box which she kept little bits and pieces in (sewing needles, tape measure, photo etc) and one day it just vanished :eek:

Four years later the same trinket box with exactly the same bits and pieces still in it was found in a charity shop (by my boyfriends mum!)
Nothing had changed with it at all, other than it was in a charity shop lol.

Anyways, she did buy the trinket box back after she had accused a few of my boyfriends mates for stealing it :D

scally

Visit site
I used to be obsessed by my nans alarm clock, very old fashioned and had the numbers that flicked over, used to watch it for hours going from one number to the next and she would get cross that I wasnt asleep.

After she died none of my alarm clocks ever used to last for more than a few weeks, until I asked her nicely one night to leave them alone, I loved her and knew she was still there buTI did have to get up on time.

I now have one alarm clock that I have had for 15 years with 4AA batteries in it, that have never been changed and works briliantly.

RuthnMeg

Visit site
Are you guys for real?? Iam just spooked by reading this!!!

I might be able to cope with a self flushing loo, even levetating boots, its the loft latch and front door that has me... brrrr

Sleep tight. x

dunthing

Visit site
I had someone/something sitting on my bed several times, just used to say "mind my legs" and it would stop. Tonight as I dried my hands in the bathroom, someone sighed very loudly in my ear. We've also had footsteps up the stairs and the feeling that someone is watching us. The house is about 400 years old.

Sanolly

Visit site
I remember once a few years ago I was duty housekeeper/waitress in a hotel. The place has just been completely refurbished from an old style country pub. It was my job to open up at 7am for the start of breakfast and every morning the boss would ring to see how things were. Well one morning he didn't call in which was a bit weird, then he turned up about an hour earlier than normal wanting to know why he couldn't get through on the phone - it turned out that every single phone had been unplugged at the socket.....

jesterfaerie

Visit site
I am so glad I didn't read this before going to bed last night I never would have slept! I LOVE reading stories about everybody's paranormal experiences but would s*@% a brick if I ever experienced anything similar. Once another forum member and I were driving in the dark and drove through what we were convinced was a ghost as it came from the rhs of the car to the left it scared the life out of us, was just a small patch of fog but I drove through another 'patch of fog' the other morning on my way to work and it still scared me!

At my mums we have some fairy lights around a couple of branches in a vase (it is gorgeous honestly) in the corner of the bathroom so it is easy to go to the loo in the dark without turning any other lights on but if I do go to the loo in the 'dark' I will NEVER look in the mirror I am convinced there will be someone or something staring back at me. After reading all of these stories I have managed to convince myself that I will look away from the comp and someone will be peering through the window or stood in the doorway.

Fingers crossed I finish work before it gets dark tonight, I am the only one working today and I don't fancy being on my own on the yard with very little lighting, my imagination will take over and i'll scare myself silly!

A few months after the scary nightime thing my keys started to always be on the table in the morning no matter where I put them the night before.

ooo very handy, I am always loosing my keys!