Paranormal activity???

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
ooh kandm... I've gone from being quite lighthearted about the wholething to feeling a bit freaked out.

Whenever I feel scared I just think about people I hate at work or how many chores I've got to do. If that fails, I just think about my wonderful horse....

sykokat

Visit site
Pedantic- it's not pride that prevents some flushing their dyno turds, it's the volume of it!!! They flush and leave but the lurker doesn't. Lol. Sits there for the next poor unsuspecting dood to come along. On a more serious note I actually do have a real experience that I could share if you really really want me toooo?? :)

kandm

Visit site
ooh kandm... I've gone from being quite lighthearted about the wholething to feeling a bit freaked out.

Whenever I feel scared I just think about people I hate at work or how many chores I've got to do. If that fails, I just think about my wonderful horse....

Trust me, I freak myself out just by thinking about it. People say the more you know about something the less scared you are... It's a lie ;). I spoke to my nan about it all in great detail, came out more scared afterwards than before :p.

It's not that I believe in it all as such, but some things are unexplainable...

sykokat

Visit site
Ok then, here goes!
It was January 2nd, 1995. My fathers funeral. We were all sat in the village church. Small and personal. It was totally packed out. A man who I had not met but had heard about from my dad walked up to read the lesson. About halfway through, he paused and then started to struggle with his words. We just assumed it was emotion. He finished and started to walk back to his pew. But, he was staggering and having to steady himself on the way. Now, we thought he may be drunk, as we did not know him. Thought no more about it until after the wake. A friend of the family came over to ask about the gentleman who had read the lesson during the service. We told her his name and that he had been a friend of dads. She then went on to say that at the moment he started to struggle with his words, she saw my dad leaning on his coffin looking over the mans shoulder. We were somewhat stunned but that's not all. A week later we met this gentleman again and asked him about what had happened. His reply nearly knocked me sideways. He said that as he was Reading through the lesson he became aware of my dads voice Reading it along side him!!! Think what you will but these two people had never met and did not meet up afterwards. It was as big a surprise to them as it was to us. It is also very reassuring.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Ok then, here goes!
It was January 2nd, 1995. My fathers funeral. We were all sat in the village church. Small and personal. It was totally packed out. A man who I had not met but had heard about from my dad walked up to read the lesson. About halfway through, he paused and then started to struggle with his words. We just assumed it was emotion. He finished and started to walk back to his pew. But, he was staggering and having to steady himself on the way. Now, we thought he may be drunk, as we did not know him. Thought no more about it until after the wake. A friend of the family came over to ask about the gentleman who had read the lesson during the service. We told her his name and that he had been a friend of dads. She then went on to say that at the moment he started to struggle with his words, she saw my dad leaning on his coffin looking over the mans shoulder. We were somewhat stunned but that's not all. A week later we met this gentleman again and asked him about what had happened. His reply nearly knocked me sideways. He said that as he was Reading through the lesson he became aware of my dads voice Reading it along side him!!! Think what you will but these two people had never met and did not meet up afterwards. It was as big a surprise to them as it was to us. It is also very reassuring.

Sweet but...

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, I freak myself out just by thinking about it. People say the more you know about something the less scared you are... It's a lie ;). I spoke to my nan about it all in great detail, came out more scared afterwards than before :p.

It's not that I believe in it all as such, but some things are unexplainable...

In what sort of detail??? Was she saying that they watch us n stuff?

welsh flyer

community.webshots.com
yes!! I lived in a mobile home on a yard years ago and there were very strange things going on in there, one night it sounded like someone was running up and down in the hallway. Another time my bed started shaking, and lots of weird goings on. The toilet flushed on its own a couple of times, and I lived on my own!

Didn't help that we did a ouija board in there...

One time I went out with my friend to Brighton, when she dropped me off later that night my front door key was twisted round like a corkscrew, I stayed at her place that night!!

OH NO NOT THE KEY arrrrrrrrrrrrrr Make me shiver just thinking of it...L

rubyrumba

Visit site
SPOOKY!! I read a really good book about ghosts/spirits/angels. Its called 'An angel set me free' by Dorothy Chitty, brilliant book and some amazing stories in it. I could not put it down!!

mollichop

Visit site
Years ago in my last house (Victorian, always felt cold and not homely) I was off work sick.
It was before I had dogs, but both cats were in the lounge with me watching tv in my dressing gown.

My OH was at work, as was the lodger. All of a sudden, I heard what sounded like heavy furniture being moved upstairs in the room above me (lodgers bedroom). Then footsteps along the landing and started to come down the stairs.

Well both cats backs went up and their eyes were on stalks. That was enough for me, truely expected lounge door to open and god knows what to appear.

I ran to kitchen, grabbed (still damp) clothes from basket that were waiting to go on the line. Threw them on and grabbed car keys. Fumbled with keys in ignition, heart going like mad and as I reversed out of the driveway I honestly thought i'd see a face at the window :eek:

No one was in the house except me and the cats, also table lamps would turn themselves on and off randomly in that house. Landlord said there was a house fire years before, didn't want to know any more *shudder*.

guido16

Visit site
Place I used to work

Working nightshift, me and two others. Anyway, room we were in was on first floor with small hallway and then stairs.

We used to regularly hear children laughing and crying just outside the room.

One member of staff refused to go downstairs at night after he went into the front lobby and heard a child sobbing

The site is in the countryside.
many many moons ago, the local farmer found out his wife was prostituting not only herself in the local village, but her daughter aswell.

He murdered both of them and left their bodies in the area where our building was.

chickeninabun

www.wix.com
My mum used to work as a nurse at York Hospital and on night shifts they used to take their breaks in a little room, like a broom cupboard, and my mum would have a little nap during her break. Well, she did a few times but each time she would wake up with the sensation of being smothered by someone!! She didn't take naps in there anymore!

My sister attracts lots of ghostly happens too. She used to live in a house at some stables where she worked and the slow cooker would turn itself on at night. One day she came home and heard cats fighting upstairs. She went up to investigate and the landing was literally covered in cat poo! She went down stairs to find something to clear it up with only to go back upstairs and it had all completely disappeared! She has also had people breathing in her ear whilst she was looking in her loft for something, and she lives in quite a modern house now.

My house is 250+ old and I've never had any ghostly going ons!! Typical!:mad:

tinkandlily

Visit site
Place I used to work

Working nightshift, me and two others. Anyway, room we were in was on first floor with small hallway and then stairs.

We used to regularly hear children laughing and crying just outside the room.

One member of staff refused to go downstairs at night after he went into the front lobby and heard a child sobbing

The site is in the countryside.
many many moons ago, the local farmer found out his wife was prostituting not only herself in the local village, but her daughter aswell.

He murdered both of them and left their bodies in the area where our building was.

Gosh thats awful:(

tinkandlily

Visit site
Years ago in my last house (Victorian, always felt cold and not homely) I was off work sick.
It was before I had dogs, but both cats were in the lounge with me watching tv in my dressing gown.

My OH was at work, as was the lodger. All of a sudden, I heard what sounded like heavy furniture being moved upstairs in the room above me (lodgers bedroom). Then footsteps along the landing and started to come down the stairs.

Well both cats backs went up and their eyes were on stalks. That was enough for me, truely expected lounge door to open and god knows what to appear.

I ran to kitchen, grabbed (still damp) clothes from basket that were waiting to go on the line. Threw them on and grabbed car keys. Fumbled with keys in ignition, heart going like mad and as I reversed out of the driveway I honestly thought i'd see a face at the window :eek:

No one was in the house except me and the cats, also table lamps would turn themselves on and off randomly in that house. Landlord said there was a house fire years before, didn't want to know any more *shudder*.

Good god, i wouldn't have ever gone back:eek:

luckylou

Visit site
I love threads like these!!

When we lived in our old house we had a few ghosts.

There was a cat that both myself and my OH would always see around the house and sometimes I would feel it walking around my legs and whenever we saw it we would just say "oh there's ghost cat" - that was quite cool.

Once when we were going to bed I saw a woman walking around our room, that freaked me out a bit.

Another time I was walking down the stairs and I saw (what I thought was) my OH walk past the bottom of the stairs and into the dining room and I was just chatting away to him as I went to sit on the sofa - then my OH actually appeared from the kitchen on the other side of the house asking who I was talking to.

I always felt like there was something on the landing just outside our bedroom too, it always made me feel uneasy.

When we moved house we felt like a weight had been lifted, immediately we felt so much happier and our business seemed to do better too.

Not long after I moved I went to see a medium who told me that I had been living in a house with nasty spirits and that my nan had been trying to look out for me and keep them at bay and she confirmed that there aren't any ghosts at my new house. (phew!)

My sister and I have had loads of these kinds of experiences - it's just hard trying to remember them all :D

Firewell

Visit site
When I was a teenager, I lived in an early edwardian house with my parents. It had an old fashioned door bell connected to the back door, one of those that is like a mini fire bell, it was very loud. So loud in fact that my dad decided to disconnect it because every time someone rang it from the back door it would make you jump out of your skin.

A few nights later we were all woken up by the bell ringing and ringing and ringing. It wouldn't shut up. My dad had to smash it off the wall to get it to stop. It wasnt connected to anything, theres no way it could have rung on its own....

In the same house we were frequently woken up by things being pushed off the shelves. One night we all heard a loud crash and it was our music system, one of those 1990's ghetto blaster jobs, the ones that weighed a ton. It had been pushed off its very wide, secure shelf and was in a million pieces on the floor.

The TV and radio used to turn on and off all the time and we had new wiring in the house so it couln't have been dodgy electrics.

The dogs used to bark at thin air and I never slept facing my bedroom door. I always faced the wall with my eyes tightly shut! I was too scared to face the door in case I opened my eyes and saw someone or something watching me!

When I got to uni I woke up one night in my halls (old halls, 1960's) and I was freezing cold which was strange because it was May and very warm. I got out of bed to put a jumper on. When I got back into bed a young woman was standing at the end of my bed looking at me! She was a ghost, honestly you would never have seen anyone move so fast in your life!! I was out my room in 2 seconds flat and running in to the lit hallway shaking like a leaf!!! and no I hadn't been drinking that night ;). I never slept with the light off in that room again and I was so glad when I moved halls!! Apparently there was a rumour that an occupant of my room had died in the lake which was outside of my room after falling in to it drunk after one of the college parties. Apparently she had an argument with a bf, went to the lake to calm down fell in and died :(. I'm not sure how true that was though, the ghost was real though!

Since then a few odd little things have happened but nothing major. The next house I lived in at uni was a wing of a large country farmhouse dating from the 1600's. The top corridoor was supposedly haunted by a man who used to walk along it and we did occassionally hear footsteps up there when there was no one upstairs..

I was in the bath at my house the other day and I heard a man coughing and clearing his throat downstairs. I'm hoping it was just a walker going past my house or something lol!!!! Im home alone at the moment and even though its 4pm i'm starting to get spooked writing all of this lol!!

Katie

Visit site
:eek:i was once told my house is haunted but i don't think it is, apparently someone killed themselves in a cuboard under the stairs (our house was once a police station, the cuboard was once a jail!!) but i never hear anything, i dont like walking around in the dark because of stories like these! sometimes i hear noises from the loft but i'm pretty sure it's just birds nesting, i see them go in and out. my mum told me some friends i used to know had a ghost from world war 2 (the house was built on a runway or something) and it talked to them every night...that would freak me out..
i also read on a forum thst someone had seen a ghost running on fire and died a year after in the same spot as the ghost had been :eek:

stacey_lou

Visit site
The creepiest thing I ever herd was my friends little girl who is 2 can be heard sat up in her cot speaking to something in a foregin language. Its not baby talk it is full sentences and full words in an language that isnt English

tinkandlily

Visit site
:eek:i was once told my house is haunted but i don't think it is, apparently someone killed themselves in a cuboard under the stairs (our house was once a police station, the cuboard was once a jail!!) but i never hear anything, i dont like walking around in the dark because of stories like these! sometimes i hear noises from the loft but i'm pretty sure it's just birds nesting, i see them go in and out. my mum told me some friends i used to know had a ghost from world war 2 (the house was built on a runway or something) and it talked to them every night...that would freak me out..
i also read on a forum thst someone had seen a ghost running on fire and died a year after in the same spot as the ghost had been :eek:

Oh thats horrible:eek:
A man died in our house too, in our room, of all places, when we first moved in, my oldest son was about 8 months when we moved in and was still waking up, it always felt like i was being followed, or watched s**t the hell of me.
This is why i could never live on my own.:D

tinkandlily

Visit site
The creepiest thing I ever herd was my friends little girl who is 2 can be heard sat up in her cot speaking to something in a foregin language. Its not baby talk it is full sentences and full words in an language that isnt English

Creepy:D
When i was about 3, i done the same, and in the morning went on to describe a man, who stood next to my cot:eek::eek:

Katie

Visit site
Oh thats horrible:eek:
A man died in our house too, in our room, of all places, when we first moved in, my oldest son was about 8 months when we moved in and was still waking up, it always felt like i was being followed, or watched s**t the hell of me.
This is why i could never live on my own.:D

i dont think its true, or if it is true, the guy hasn't haunted the house!! though apparently there had been a fire in my brother's room in my old house, and someone died and it felt weird in that room though didn't see/hear anything

ELM89

Visit site
... scary but interesting posts! After reading LuckyLou's post:

I always felt like there was something on the landing just outside our bedroom too, it always made me feel uneasy.

When we moved house we felt like a weight had been lifted, immediately we felt so much happier and our business seemed to do better too.

Not long after I moved I went to see a medium who told me that I had been living in a house with nasty spirits and that my nan had been trying to look out for me and keep them at bay and she confirmed that there aren't any ghosts at my new house. (phew!)

Has anyone had similar experiences of this with their houses? We moved into our house a few years ago, it was pretty neglected due to the previous owners going bankrupt and not being able to afford to look after it. We came along and thought we'd found a right bargain, and ploughed alot of money into restoring it.

However from day one we've had a nightmare getting it right. Everything that could go wrong from the building to the decorating did go wrong. I absoutely despise being here on my own for all the cliche reasons - the dog barks viciously at nothing (well, that I can see!) and the cat hisses and runs off, you get ice cold breezes and I always see things out of the corner of my eye (have convinced myself it's hysteria though!). Plus, the house just doesn't feel very 'happy'. We've heard from neighbours that it's had a particularly high turnover of owners since it was built which makes us wonder if they've had the same experiences.

It's absolutely destroyed us both financially and emotionally, we're desperate to leave but every time we get round to trying something else happens that knocks our plans on the head - it's almost like the house won't let us go!
LuckyLou's post about the business picking up just made me wonder, as the people we bought our place off are now doing very, very well for themselves!

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with strange houses that seem to bring about terrible luck, or whether we need to check ourselves into the local looney-bin...?!?!?!

tinkandlily

Visit site
Great thread! Even better when sat in a 450 year old house, which is most certainly haunted, in the dark!! ;)

Oh god, you mad?!?!? reading this in the dark:eek: are you on your own too?
I do like ghost stories, but i can't read/watch any before i go to bed, or at night on my own, otherwise i'll start listening for every single noise, convinced somethings gonna get me:p

MrsElle

Visit site
In one of our sitting rooms you can hear footsteps in the room above. The noise stops if someone is upstairs but starts again as soon as they come down.

Doesn't really bother me, but would love to know who/what it is!