Parelli for a teenager in SE england?

Raych

Visit site
hi im a 15 year old and i would really like to start learning parelli, is there any way i can do this and do you know anywhere they do it?

Thanks
Im in kent btw

Katie__Connie

Visit site
I'm afraid you'll open up a very large can of worms talking about Parelli on here... lots of people are very anti!! No opinion on it personally but just to warn you! :) Sorry I can't help re: your question but I'm sure someone will be able to :) Good luck :) Oh and I see you're new.. so Hi and welcome :D

Denise657

Visit site
i'm not actually sure what it is, i have watched a few videos on youtube but i don't understand what the point of it is or what they are trying to achieve. Can you explain it to me please? I like to learn about new things as they may prove beneficial to my horse and i like a challenge.

dan5522

Visit site
Hi, im was in a similar boat as you so to speak, I am 17 and also interestedd in parelli, the best thing you can do to give yourself a real informed opinion on parelli is to buy their get started DVD it's not that expensive and will introduce you to parelli without overloading you with technical jargon...
Get Started DVD £16.98
http://shop.parellinaturalhorsetraining.com/product.jsf?productId=1016

Also you may find this interesting...
http://www.parellinaturalhorsetraining.com/natural-horsemanship

HumBugsey

Visit site
I really can't be bothered to go through all the things that are wrong with parelli yet again, use the search function here and you'll see what people think.
Brief highlights include;
scamming,
creating head shy, confused horses,
believing all horses fit into a set defined box of "horseanalities,"
advising a balance impaired person that they didn't need to wear a hat because their horse is so bombproof
advising someone to feed treats to an aggressive biter
Repeatedly jumping foals

I would actively avoid purchasing a horse that has been parelli "trained"

Last edited:

JessandCharlie

Visit site
Agreed, it has its flaws and is very money orientated, however, should you have a bottomless pit of money you can buy the starter packs on the website i should think. I used to do it but have seen how it is changed in just a few years from having the philosophy of 'you don't need gadgets and stuff' to you need every piece of rope, bridle, supplement, dvd, book, saddle, head collar, pedestal ... you can afford.

Raych

Visit site
Oh okay, thanks alot. i never even considered these factors, thanks for the advice.
now is there any way i can delete this thread, coz its obviously causing trouble.
kthanksbye.

Farma

Visit site
racheelz - make your own mind up before dismissing it - it isnt my cup of tea at all and i havent a need for it - but i know a few ladies at my yard who really enjoy it and it has helped them gain confidence with handling their horses.

Raych

Visit site
no its fine, i was only wondering about it, but seeing as so many people dislike it i wouldnt wanna try it on my soon-to-be horse incase of confusion/stress or whatever.
i mean i know i can still bond by just spending time with it and thats fine and probably better in the long run, but it was kinda more for me to understand horses more but if this isnt what it does then okay, i wont try it.
sorry for causing a hassle im new and this is my second post so give me a break and please tell me how to delete this thread soon as possible. k.

SVMel

Visit site
You haven't caused any hassle!!!!! Its just people's opinions, the whole point of such a forum.

Please don't just dismiss the idea, if you do that, you'll never learn or progress. There are people on here who don't like the BHS, doesn't mean you would dismiss all the work they do.

Look and learn for yourself, according to how YOU feel, and how your HORSE reacts

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx