Parelli

Grumpy Herbert

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PS If you really want to beat a NH trained horse - that's fine - you can whack it around the head with a 'long line' or beat its ass with a rope with knots in - (as long as you don't use a whip)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is SO true, i never got that it was acceptable to whack them with a weighted rope yet oh nooo... not with your hand or a stick.
confused.gif

if someone would care to explain
smile.gif
?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can hit them with a stick, so long as it's orange and cost £30..........

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PS If you really want to beat a NH trained horse - that's fine - you can whack it around the head with a 'long line' or beat its ass with a rope with knots in - (as long as you don't use a whip)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is SO true, i never got that it was acceptable to whack them with a weighted rope yet oh nooo... not with your hand or a stick.
confused.gif

if someone would care to explain
smile.gif
?

[/ QUOTE ]

You pay for the rope? Or the carrot stick? And you're gullible?
As a little test, try beating your boyfriend with a rope, or with a whip, and see which one makes him run faster
grin.gif

S
grin.gif

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Has henry horn had too many G&T's to?

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt it...it's not optional to fall over when you're old, belive me
tongue.gif

DaisyMae

Visit site
Okay okay i get the picture, im glad this is anonymous otherwise i think you'd all come hunting me down with your pitchforks lol

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Okay okay i get the picture, im glad this is anonymous otherwise i think you'd all come hunting me down with your pitchforks lol

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm more of a sniper personally...far too lazy to hunt..

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Recently, I posted on a thread, that there are far too many novice, nervous riders buying big, young warmbloods.
I've just been browsing Project Horse and now I know where all these big warmbloods end up...
S
grin.gif

Shannagolden

Visit site
slightly off subject but....
the lady in the next door field to me asked for my help when she couldn't figure out how to fasten her shiney new 'western saddle' onto the horse's back. It emerged that the saddle had no girth/cinch attached to it!!!!!!
These are the same people that have spent the last three weeks doing join up with an unhandled NF pony - and suprisingly enough it runs for the hills whenever they try to touch/cuddle/lead it.
laugh.gif

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Don't forget the rope halter (that you then ride with) which would only cost you £4 from a livestock stall at a local show, but which is many £'s when bought for P.

soph21

Visit site
I haven't looked on there for ages and just had a quick look in 15hh-16hh and got less than a quarter way down, theres bloody loads of horses!!

Ezme

Visit site
I would like to point out that NH is different to P. Natural Horsmanship is the system fronted by kelly marks. I like alot of it. Not her tho. Most of NH/monty roberts is common sence stuff like "teach your horse to lead propperly before you try to get it in a trailer." Join up is the only different thing in it really.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to point out that NH is different to P. Natural Horsmanship is the system fronted by kelly marks. I like alot of it. Not her tho. Most of NH/monty roberts is common sence stuff like "teach your horse to lead propperly before you try to get it in a trailer." Join up is the only different thing in it really.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't believe the phrase 'natural horsemanship' had been patented?
S
grin.gif

asbo

Visit site
pops on tin hat
smirk.gif

i actually have been looking into the games etc lately and am interested in trying them
grin.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And theres no buying random crap. you can do it all with normal stuff. But they do have dually halters but you can use anything you want. And you dont teach them random pointless tricks

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree that Kelly Marks does seem to be less, er focussed on the financial rewards than some of the other 'natural horsemanship gurus'.
Has anyone seen Pat and Linda Parelli riding, incidentally
grin.gif
?
S
smile.gif

rss07

Visit site
Actually anyway, I just risked a quick look at the parelli website and it says "parelli natural horsemanship" at the bottom, whereas Kelly Marks' website says "intelligent horsemanship".
smile.gif

soph21

Visit site
this made me laugh

Qoute-
He's been with us for a year now and although a little bargy at times we don't find him difficult at all. We have only ridden him twice as we have others that keep us busy. The previous owners claim that he has done dressage and hacks out, but we cannot confirm this. However, my friend tried him out when she bought him and he passed traffic ok and was fine to ride. He is fit and healthy, very good with others, great to load and with the blacksmith - although we've had no shoes on him.

WTF?? he's good with the farrier but they have never had him shod?
He's very fit but has only been ridden TWICE in 1 year?

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
Wow, i had no idea that parelli would invoke such responses.
Didn't know whether to post or not for fear of my life lol, but here goes. shortish version.
Bought ex racer, seemed nice and quiet, week later had what can only be described as a nervous break down, totally unhinged. i panicked and tried to take her back, girl (ex friend) said she would get the meat man if she was that bed. By this time i was terrified of her, but couldn't send her to that end.
Fate would have it that i met a lady who was doing parelli. She started her off for me. She was never hit with the carrot stick or anything else in the process. Horsey was as scared as i was so that wouldn't have been the answer.
Anyway, 4 years on, i have a lovely riding horse that i can do anything with, we have a mutual respect thing. We don't do parelli constantly, i am too busy riding, but we do a bit when can't ride for whatever reason and i always have it to fall back on.
I am not saying that nothing else would have worked for us, but it was parelli that i came across at the time and it certainly helped us.
I am not talking about all the fancy showy offy stuff from the demos, just basic level 1 stuff. Not for everyone obviously but certainly helped me out.
And yep, i bought the kit which was about £100 at the time but to be honest it was money well spent. I don't ride western either. we are just normal horsey and rider.
right that's it, please don't beat me up
grin.gif

minkymoo

Visit site
I am going to be really brave here... I don't think that proper Natural Horsemanship should be compared to Parelli.

I feel that most of us on the forum practise NH, we listen to our horses & we understand them as horses and this I feel is quite important. I really like both Kelly Marks & Monty Roberts and I think that their way of horsemanship is simply logical.

However, I feel that Parelli is little more than a 'great show' and a superb way of making money and almost exploiting those who have chronically over-horsed themselves. It is not a simple thing that you can pick certain pieces from & apply it to your horse. Nooo... you have to spend a blimming fortune first and let's face it, the majority of us horse owners are unlikely to spend that kind of money on rubbish like that. I'd rather get a new rug. (gosh, I had better not though!)

On a sightly different tangent, who watched the parelli CD that came free with a certain magazine? I nearly fell off my sofa in shock when I realised this girl had bought a horse and had nowhere to put it. I thought the whole film was pretty irresponsible including her not wearing a hat (though it wasn't endorsed, blah blah).

Ok, rant over.
smile.gif

Grumpy Herbert

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They all strike me as people seeking to make money out of others misfortune, I'm afraid.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I have to say, that the advert for Bill or 'Billy Boy' as she likes to call him, on Project Horse really pi$$es me off. If you've had an honest horse for 3yrs, and enjoyed him - don't you have any responsibility for his future when he goes lame?
I think you do, and anyone that ditches a lame horse on the internet should be ashamed of themselves.
frown.gif

S
grin.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes there are similar ones for 22 year olds. At that age, what are they thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, these caring types...I may smack my horses when they're naughty, but at least I take responsibility for their futures.
If I wasn't such a sweet person, I'd phone these people up and remonstrate with them.
S
grin.gif

D

Donkeymad

[ QUOTE ]

On a sightly different tangent, who watched the parelli CD that came free with a certain magazine? I nearly fell off my sofa in shock when I realised this girl had bought a horse and had nowhere to put it. I thought the whole film was pretty irresponsible including her not wearing a hat (though it wasn't endorsed, blah blah).

Ok, rant over.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm...I did
blush.gif

Have to agree, what a stupid story to try to endorse Parrelli, who in their right mind just buys a horse then realises on the way home with it that they have nowhere to put it?
confused.gif