Parelli

minkymoo

Visit site
Good, glad it wasn't just me that thought it was bloody stupid. I mean who does that?! Really? GAH!!

I would rather have had Phar Lap on DVD. At least then I wouldn't be yelling at the telly and turning the air blue!!

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Another gem to share with you from Project Horse -

'Sarcoids are a "no-no" in my situation, and so he needs a new home.'

Because, hey, there are lots of people who positively welcome sarcoids into their situation....this horse apparently is also bad to handle (hind end) because of castration trauma.
He is 6yrs old.
S
grin.gif

darksided

Visit site
I can't even be bothered to read most of the adverts, they're too long winded for my poor brain lol. But yes, some very irresponsible owners out there.

Back on topic, I've know a couple of people do parelli type stuff but they're not obsessed or anything or scared of riding, and they utilise their common sense.
It's not for me though... not that I have a horse lol

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
pops on tin hat
smirk.gif

i actually have been looking into the games etc lately and am interested in trying them
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!! Damn... that's my tea all over the screen.
I've heard of Extreme Sports and PF is fond of Extreme Hacking (involves a lot of spooking) but are you an Extreme Poster??
grin.gif

I'm still LMAO at the image of you in a tin hat...

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

They all strike me as people seeking to make money out of others misfortune, I'm afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the word you are searching for GH is
"charletan".

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I have the greatest respect for Mr P.
Hoenstly!!!.....I'm being serious.
Anyone who can take the load of crap he has and make a small (or large probably) fortune from it gets my respect.
tongue.gif

I did watch the DVD that came with horse mag.
Found it very amusing that the justification for starting P was when she took her nutty horse to a show and saw all these other perfectly behaved horse (which weren't P trained).
Couldn't quite work out the logic there.

Oh and can anyone enlighten me as to what is so special about jumping over barrels? My lad wouldn't bat an eyelid at them, nor i suspect would any reasonable SJ horse
confused.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
If I recall correctly the lady with the sarcoid horse comes on here..I still failto understand why the horse had to be sold quickly due to sarcoids.
The three most prevalent breeds on project horses, welsh cobs, tbs and warmbloods. Half of them IH/NH. Says a lot to me!

jewel

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Another gem to share with you from Project Horse -

'Sarcoids are a "no-no" in my situation, and so he needs a new home.'

Because, hey, there are lots of people who positively welcome sarcoids into their situation....this horse apparently is also bad to handle (hind end) because of castration trauma.
He is 6yrs old.
S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] i saw this a few weeks ago and i'm sure they are a memeber on here

EmmaJ

Visit site
Sooooooo anyone going to see Parelli in Bham NEC aug 08??............

haha sorry guys - sad maybe but im a fan of Parelli

harrihjc

Visit site
How have I not noticed Parelli bashing on here before?! I feel like I've been missing out! As close as we get to NH/IH is a dually halter because when he sees something potentially edible, there's no stopping trouble (he's just like his mummy haha!). A friend of mine has been given free tickets for parelli in the summer some time and has invited me, so the poor guy is in for a shock, my curiosity for whether that amazing moustache of his is genuine has got the better of me, I shall be sure to ask many questions
smile.gif
I do know somebody who is really into all that stuff, and I think her horse is probably the most unstable and out of control one I have come across in a long time, and because of the mess she's made she has to get other people to try to ride her for her. So much for this great bond

DiablosGold

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Natural horsemanship's great! No really!
If you're scared of your horse, never want to work it, have spoiled it to the point where it won't lead, won't load, and certainly won't be ridden - Parelli, etc is for you!
It won't solve any of the above problems (you need more than a DVD, a ball, and a carrot stick for that
wink.gif
) but it will help you;
- not feel guilty about not riding
- blame a previous owner for your horse's behaviour (clearly abused)
- feel good that you are a caring and enlightened owner
- be smug when you see normal mortals riding, leading etc, and occasionally smacking their naughty horses - because you know better.
- if all else fails, you can then send him to Project Horse, where you can blame his dreadful behaviour on his last owner, despite the fact you've had him for 10 years, and ask exorbitant amounts of money, while trying to control the 'Natural Horsemanship' home he goes to (well, it's worked so well for you!).
THEN you can buy another horse schooled conventionally - and start afresh deschooling it...
S
grin.gif

PS If you really want to beat a NH trained horse - that's fine - you can whack it around the head with a 'long line' or beat its ass with a rope with knots in - (as long as you don't use a whip)

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL! Another gem from Shilasdair
grin.gif

My view on 'P' from my experience - tried it, it was a load of crap, decided to spend money on decent riding instructor, became quite good.

To OP - you have not been jumped on, Parelli is always discussed in this manner.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

PMSL! Another gem from Shilasdair
grin.gif

My view on 'P' from my experience - tried it, it was a load of crap, decided to spend money on decent riding instructor, became quite good.

To OP - you have not been jumped on, Parelli is always discussed in this manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the OP, Daisymae, has a good sense of humour - she comes across as far too sensible to take anything here personally. I'm looking forward to her posts in future - I think she's going to be a fun newbie
grin.gif

S
grin.gif

saskia295

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Natural horsemanship's great! No really!
If you're scared of your horse, never want to work it, have spoiled it to the point where it won't lead, won't load, and certainly won't be ridden - Parelli, etc is for you!
It won't solve any of the above problems (you need more than a DVD, a ball, and a carrot stick for that
wink.gif
) but it will help you;
- not feel guilty about not riding
- blame a previous owner for your horse's behaviour (clearly abused)
- feel good that you are a caring and enlightened owner
- be smug when you see normal mortals riding, leading etc, and occasionally smacking their naughty horses - because you know better.
- if all else fails, you can then send him to Project Horse, where you can blame his dreadful behaviour on his last owner, despite the fact you've had him for 10 years, and ask exorbitant amounts of money, while trying to control the 'Natural Horsemanship' home he goes to (well, it's worked so well for you!).
THEN you can buy another horse schooled conventionally - and start afresh deschooling it...
S
grin.gif

PS If you really want to beat a NH trained horse - that's fine - you can whack it around the head with a 'long line' or beat its ass with a rope with knots in - (as long as you don't use a whip)

[/ QUOTE ]

Genius!!

Now... who's got the popcorn... Can I have some please?!

asbo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pops on tin hat
smirk.gif

i actually have been looking into the games etc lately and am interested in trying them
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!! Damn... that's my tea all over the screen.
I've heard of Extreme Sports and PF is fond of Extreme Hacking (involves a lot of spooking) but are you an Extreme Poster??
grin.gif

I'm still LMAO at the image of you in a tin hat...

[/ QUOTE ]

i try my best
smirk.gif