Past threads/members- Good/Bad/Funny

HeyMich

Visit site
This thread really makes you realise it's such a small world and i am quite surprised how many members know each other, I don't think I know anyone on here in real life unless they are hiding from me:D

I'm always worried that I'm going to find out that a prolific poster is my next door neighbour or something, and I'm the focus of their everlasting frustration... I don't 'think' that's the case, but you never know!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
This thread really makes you realise it's such a small world and i am quite surprised how many members know each other, I don't think I know anyone on here in real life unless they are hiding from me:D
hehe
I have a few RL HHO or ex-HHO friends but am FB friends with lots :) lots of nice people on here in between the few crazys.

Pippity

Visit site

I know one because we're on the same yard! She's the only one, though.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site

I’ve been here over a decade and know about 2 people on FB one of which doesn’t post at all anymore and the other rarely. There are a couple whom I recognise from the local horse world as it’s a small place.

Billy no mates that’s me ?

Vickijay

Visit site
NMT with Fig (and now Rooni) still posts and they've got a FB page (Diamonds in the Rough dressage) too. I love following them

Re: Vickie with spotty horse -- I can't remember her username but as she has 16k followers I'm assuming it's OK to link an Instagram page :Dhttps://www.instagram.com/iamvicksie/ . She's got a gorgeous PRE stallion now too.
I used to love reading about Fig the ex racer turned dressage horse, I know her sister still comes on here she has the most gorgeous pony stallion who is one of my favourites.

I also remember another girl that had some beautiful horses I one was a spotty horse she bred, and she often bought project horses to bring on, I always loved her pictures and videos she was such a lovely rider, I think her user name was Vicki something I can't remember.

Aww you remember meeeeeee. I’m mostly on Instagram now but my friend said you had talked about me so I came to say hi!!

Hi xx

SpringArising

Visit site
I'm always worried that I'm going to find out that a prolific poster is my next door neighbour or something, and I'm the focus of their everlasting frustration... I don't 'think' that's the case, but you never know!

I look at the people on my yard occasionally and think, 'I wonder if it was you I was speaking to on HHO today?'

I'd love to know if I know anyone in real life from here, or vice versa. I know @ester is from my neck of the woods, and that's about it.

WelshD

Visit site
I haven’t seen Pigeon on here for a while he/she was lovely

I often wonder what happened to Armas (the horse not the user) I think he went to a forum member for livery maybe? It’s a real shame his owner turned out to be a bit of a diva as I always thought the journey they were all taking together was a really interesting one.

I don’t know Hot to Trot moved abroad, I hope she still gets in the saddle now and then

I was delighted to see an update from Redmone - I think last year? - she always tried so hard to encourage her daughter I’d have loved a mum like her.

I remember the Riley boy saga, so many users fawning over him trying to show how ‘right on’ they were about accepting a new (and male) member from the travelling community, if he were a 18 year old girl living in a semi they’d have seen the inconsistencies and pulled him up pronto.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I often wonder what happened to Armas (the horse not the user) I think he went to a forum member for livery maybe? It’s a real shame his owner turned out to be a bit of a diva as I always thought the journey they were all taking together was a really interesting one.

this one I can answer, I rode the horse for a few years before things turned south. He is now based with a PRE stud in the SW.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Armas the horse had an op for PSD (not sure which procedure) a few years ago. Armas the human posted about him on a PSD support group that I used to follow. Armas the human wanted to rush the rehab of Armas the horse, he got a lot of flak from the regulars and reacted in an unpleasant way that would be familiar to HHOers who had followed his posts.

sky1000

Visit site
I loved Hot to Trot and still love Adorable Alice. There is one weird thread I remember which was about someone who had found an abandoned foal (allegedly). They put loads of stuff about it and people were loving it because it was such a lovely thread. I did too. They had put it in with an old brood mare who was getting very protective. Then they posted a picture of its foot, which turned out to be a foot of an Aberdeen Angus. And it was all a lie.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Armas also managed to upset one of the loveliest people I know, I was at least able to tell her not to give it anymore thought :p

Spring arising, me and lizzieJ should totally known each other before HHO we lived close/knew lots of the same people and never met. Though she did stalk Frank at the riding club area show at taunton racecourse. It was her fault we went hunting as I wore pretty much all her gear!

Also ex hhoer dark_hoss/horse is near here, we met when she arrived on my doorstep with a drill ready to build wardrobes for cake.

Annagain

Visit site
Armas also managed to upset one of the loveliest people I know, I was at least able to tell her not to give it anymore thought :p

Spring arising, me and lizzieJ should totally known each other before HHO we lived close/knew lots of the same people and never met. Though she did stalk Frank at the riding club area show at taunton racecourse. It was her fault we went hunting as I wore pretty much all her gear!

Also ex hhoer dark_hoss/horse is near here, we met when she arrived on my doorstep with a drill ready to build wardrobes for cake.

I suspect people on here know me more than I know them because I'm quite involved with my riding club and the area. As far as I know, I've only met GG (who is fine and now has two little ones - as in people) in real life but was chatting to someone at a local show once and twigged from what she was saying that she was a member on the forum. I've not seen her locally or on here for years though. One person has messaged me to ask if am who thought she I was (I am!) I recognised her name but don't know her. Another person I know in RL has told me they've seen my posts on here.

I've seen photos of milliepops and kira in the BRC magazine along with their results so worked out her name (and suspect we know some of the same people as her riding club is in my BRC area so I'd know the committee members and those who compete in area qualifiers) but that's it in terms of knowing who people are on here.

Shady

Visit site
Wheres fburton, not seen him post since around the start of the virus, anyone know if he's OK?

He was ok on the 14th as I had a really quick message from him. Hoping he is still ok as I am rather fond of him as a poster on here. I don't know him in RL

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site

When I read this reply yesterday, I thought **Why do your cakes need a wardrobe, hmm, probably some weird British habit I haven't heard about**.

Today I realised she built it, and was rewarded with cake!
d055.gif
:D

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
When I read this reply yesterday, I thought **Why do your cakes need a wardrobe, hmm, probably some weird British habit I haven't heard about**.

Today I realised she built it, and was rewarded with cake!
d055.gif
:D
Nah, I’m sticking with my first thoughts on this - ester, along with her drill wielding friend, has erected a dedicated wardrobe to house her cake collection :D.

Sorry FL I should know better really! :D
You really should! You know what we’re like!

Last edited:

EventingMum

Visit site
I suspect people on here know me more than I know them because I'm quite involved with my riding club and the area. As far as I know, I've only met GG (who is fine and now has two little ones - as in people) in real life but was chatting to someone at a local show once and twigged from what she was saying that she was a member on the forum. I've not seen her locally or on here for years though. One person has messaged me to ask if am who thought she I was (I am!) I recognised her name but don't know her. Another person I know in RL has told me they've seen my posts on here.

I've seen photos of milliepops and kira in the BRC magazine along with their results so worked out her name (and suspect we know some of the same people as her riding club is in my BRC area so I'd know the committee members and those who compete in area qualifiers) but that's it in terms of knowing who people are on here.

I'm so glad to hear that about _GG_, we exchanged pm's and she was very supportive when I was going through a difficult time, last I knew she was expecting her first little person!