Payment for yard work...

{97702}

Visit site
I’ve worked in a couple of local yards this month to earn some extra cash - yes, absolutely I enjoy the work but I really wouldn’t do it on top of a full time job if I didn't have to 😊

I’ve noticed that people really aren’t in a hurry to pay you when you work - I know perfectly well that I’m impatient 🙄 but what is a reasonable time frame for being paid?

This was basic mucking out, turning out, bringing in and feeding - they couldn’t leave me money on the day because we didn’t know how many hours I’d be doing.

CMcC

Visit site
Agree for a one-off payment on the day. Or if can’t be left on the day as soon after as convenient for both parties if cash payment. If bank transfer or PayPal same day, next day at latest.

{97702}

Visit site
I sent a text yesterday with bank details/PayPal details and said whichever was easier was fine. Text message was read at 5pm - still no reply or sign of money. I did say on my message that I knew she’d be busy yesterday because she was competing, but I kind of expected her to pay when she had got home, put the horse to bed etc.....

Now I’m wondering how I can tactfully phrase a further text meaning ‘please pay me now’ 😂

MissTyc

Visit site
I've found clients a bit slower to pay on the first payment if they have to "authorise" your account on their online banking first (e.g. HSBC needs this). Then it should just be a button tap every other time!
I expect to be paid on the day, or within 24 hours by TRUSTED clients only!

{97702}

Visit site
Just text saying, you’ve checked your account and no funds have been deposited. You’d be grateful if payment could be deposited today.

Next time, no cash - no workee....

Have sent a text - yes I absolutely agree, next time it will be cash on the day and if I happen to do more than the agreed hours she can send the rest of the money on....

patseyr

Visit site
yea it is a difficult one as you don't want to be too pushy but also you need the cash! In future I find it better to sort things out as early as possible on a new job start. Best of luck, hope you get paid

wills_91

Visit site
I absolutely hate being late to pay someone. I forgot to pay my window cleaner last month, usually do it on the day I was so embarrassed when he sent me a reminder message - think it was after 5 days -. If your just doing it as one off I think you should say now payment within 24 hours of service provided

Snitch

Visit site
Send a blazing text telling them that you need to buy shoes for your non-existent children!

I jest, but it’s a serious point I’m making really. You could NEED that money, which you’ve earned.

I agree as above, polite text saying it appears not to be in your account and would they be good enough to make the deposit as soon as possible.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
When did free lance for new clients I would expect the cash the day I work, for regulars it's end of the working week and some paid monthly, when I ran a livery yard you were invoiced on a Friday and payment was expected by Monday or no other services were carried out until paid, might sound tough but I got stung a few times and wasn't prepared to work for free.

Asha

Visit site
My daughter does freelance , for regular customers she gets paid by end of the week . For new/one offs it’s end of the day . Her T&C’s are made very clear before she starts

{97702}

Visit site
I’m on the point of posting a rude message on her FB page - except I won’t really because that is very juvenile, but it is making me so cross!

{97702}

Visit site
How long have you actually been waiting for?

I messaged her at 5pm yesterday when I finished work - no reply although she read the message immediately. Messaged again today at 4.20pm, she read the message immediately but didn’t reply until 5.50pm to say sorry she would pay me when she got in.

Prior to this she has read & replied immediately.

ihatework

Visit site
I messaged her at 5pm yesterday when I finished work - no reply although she read the message immediately. Messaged again today at 4.20pm, she read the message immediately but didn’t reply until 5.50pm to say sorry she would pay me when she got in.

Prior to this she has read & replied immediately.

Okay so not even 48h?
Whilst I would always pay immediately and it’s not wrong to hope others do likewise, I don’t think you are quite in ‘kicking off’ timescale yet.

Give her a call tomorrow evening rather than text.