PE Fly rugs - also enormous?

Auslander

Visit site
Alf wears mostly 7ft turnout rugs, but a 6"6 in Premier Equine. Does anyone know if the superlight fly rugs also come up really big. Tempted to hedge my bets and go for 6"9, but any insider info would be welcome!
Any other recommendations for a very light weight, stiff mesh fly rug for a horse with a broad chest/big shoulders also welcome.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Last flysheet I bought was a PE superlite and I sized down one size which fit well. Horse wears 6'3 rambos and a 6' PE was spot on.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Not a Superlite but got a PE fly rug that is huge, could almost have gone down 2 sizes.

However my old tb who had huge shoulders but wasn't big elsewhere, PE didn't work for him. To get the room in the shoulder, meant it was too long and deep. Managed to be too big and too small at the same time.

Had a Weatherbeeta ripshield on him, very thin almost see through material but very tough. Mine's a few years old but looks like they do the same material in the Comfitec range.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I have a couple but they are approx 4 years old, superlights with the cross surcingle design. Size 5ft9 fits my gelding perfectly but the cross surcingles are just long enough for the grey in the same size as she is a chunkier build. Both horses are 5ft9 in weatherbeeta and 6ft in horseware.

Auslander

Visit site
Hadn't thought about the circumference MC! He is very deep, and some belly flaps don't do up round him!
I'll try and get my mitts on a second hand superlite, and then look at new once I've got a better idea of fit!

LouisCat

Visit site
Found the superlite to be quite narrow in the shoulders/chest for a horse that isn't really that broad and wear PE rugs for all of his liners/turnouts

indie1282

Visit site
Lol!
I need the belly flap version, as he gets bitten to death all along his midline, but often find belly flaps too short for his imposing barrel!

I know this is an older thread but did you get the PE in the end? I also struggle getting something to fit my WB both on the shoulders and his belly. He definitely needs a belly flap as he gets bitten to death on his bellyline also but most rugs with flaps are too short ?

I bought a superlite second hand last year in 6'6 but it was tiny! It was almost like a 6" on a TB do I'm wondering if it had shrunk as everyone else seems to think they are huge.