Peculiar vet advice

Allover

Visit site
Honestly stay well away, otherwise you could find your reputation shot to bits, if something is really wrong with the horse and once words gets round that you knackered said horse,there go your paying customers.

Ditto this!

If you dont want to walk away then I would definately ask for permission to speak with the vet in question so you can get it clear what he wants in your own mind!

If she says no then i think the wet fish around the face is the only real solution left:D

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Friend's NF had an issue with stifles (locking I think), and she had to be backed early to get her working - couldn't lunge her (not if one wanted to live, much better now though). Vet said she needed exercise. She got a lot of hacking, no school work. Don't remember much in the way of bucking though.

Flash_28

Visit site
My yearling has been diagnosed with upward fixation of the patella. It was due to his poor condition as he was a rescue. I was advised to obviously get the weight on him and then lead him in hand and build it up over time and then start to take him up hills. When he was ok with that to start trotting him. He has improved since his condition has improved and staying out as much as possible. I have only walked him gently as he isn't up to weight still. When his leg used to lock his hind leg would just hang or he would stumble a lot in behind.

attheponies

Visit site
My thought is can you ask the physio to speak to the vet? My physio always takes details of my vet and will work with them/refer to them. The physio you mentioned identified a problem and is professionally involved, they therefore may be in a better position to speak to the vets and perhaps be able to establish that the correct treatment has been prescribed (or that what you have been told is a load of tosh!).