Perfect Timing?

Bluewaves

Visit site

Regandal

Visit site
I should not go on donedeal.....so many gorgeous youngsters on there.

And then I saw this one below and my heart melted a bit. His big ol' head on skinny neck reminded me of a wonderful little riding school horse I used to know named Ugly (Ug) on account of his head.

https://www.donedeal.co.uk/horses-for-sale/safe-ride-and-drive-gelding/29191520

There just can't be any malice in a face like that ?
He does look kind. Ridden pictures like that make my teeth itch. Saddle up on the neck, hunched over rider sitting on the cantle. ?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
He does look kind. Ridden pictures like that make my teeth itch. Saddle up on the neck, hunched over rider sitting on the cantle. ?

I know bless him - I hope he gets liberated by somebody nice.

Mind you, those vids don't make my teeth itch as much as the second jumping vid on the one just posted ?.

ArklePig

Visit site
I know bless him - I hope he gets liberated by somebody nice.

Mind you, those vids don't make my teeth itch as much as the second jumping vid on the one just posted ?.

I'm actually inclined to agree but I think that's why it made me think the horse seemed kind maybe? Also I've seen worse from that yard :(

smolmaus

Visit site
Finally found a pony that's close enough to view, 16yo 14.2h connie mare, going to see her on Saturday! Just want to sit my bum on something tbh, pickings been slim the last few weeks. Everything is baby or suspicious.

Officially putting deposit on stable this week too. Found out today that they turn out and bring in for no extra charge as well so HAPPY GIRL

Bluewaves

Visit site
I've been keeping an eye out locally and you are right, some gorgeous looking babies, but not what you are looking for. Hope the Connemara is a good 'un.

smolmaus

Visit site
Good luck! Hope she's a good one. BTW your yard sounds amazing!
It is fairy tale yard like. Honestly I keep waiting for the catch ?

Ty for well wishes folks, still feeling reasonably patient. Was speaking to a lovely lady who rehomed one of the sanctuary horses and she was saying they looked at 50 before they found their lovely little connie for their daughter. So preparing myself for a long haul, if hopefully not quite that long.

smolmaus

Visit site
Squeezed in a second viewing for Saturday. Little 7yo 14'2 cob mare, maybe a little cheap to be completely as described but looks v sweet on video!

Running a second hand tack sale on Saturday as well so its going to be a long day!!!

Sheep

Visit site
Just spotted a wee mare I know for sale - def v forward going, not sure how much schooling she has done but has given her owner a lot of fun - I’ll send you link to ad if you’re interested? 11yo mare, 15.1, not a cob but fairly substantial.

smolmaus

Visit site
Just spotted a wee mare I know for sale - def v forward going, not sure how much schooling she has done but has given her owner a lot of fun - I’ll send you link to ad if you’re interested? 11yo mare, 15.1, not a cob but fairly substantial.
Is it Ruby?

smolmaus

Visit site
Yup. Not seen her in a few years, used to be on livery at same yard as me.
Was going to call about her this evening but it got too late. She does look VERY forward and a lot of fun but I won't be jumping any 1m tracks anytime soon so I might not get the best out of her ? Worth calling about anyway, esp if you think she's a good un ❤ Ty!

Currently messaging about a chunky little 13.2h cowpony as well who sounds like a bit of a brat, the DREAM. After saying there were slim pickings 24h ago.

Sheep

Visit site
Was going to call about her this evening but it got too late. She does look VERY forward and a lot of fun but I won't be jumping any 1m tracks anytime soon so I might not get the best out of her ? Worth calling about anyway, esp if you think she's a good un ❤ Ty!

Currently messaging about a chunky little 13.2h cowpony as well who sounds like a bit of a brat, the DREAM. After saying there were slim pickings 24h ago.

Worth a call to get a clearer idea! As I say it has been a few years since I knew her but she was sweet :)

smolmaus

Visit site
Bit of a twist, I might be taking on one of the rescue horses instead??? Showed the two I was planning to view today to the rescue owner (one has sold, cancelled the other as I just wasnt excited about her and really what's the point then) and she just didn't like them lol and suggested we start trying to wean two sister mares off eachother and I could take on the smaller mare who is sound for riding. (They've been up for rehoming together for a while now with nobody suitable showing any interest) i
If it doesn't work, it doesn't work but I have permission to TRY. This is the dream folks.

Now an unbroken 7yo with a bratty attitude and sweet itch is very few people's dream horse but I have loved her since the second I saw her come off the box, caked in so much old shit she rattled as she walked, having not been outside a stable AT ALL for almost 4 years. She is a sweet, cheeky, beautiful little creature who loves people, despite them not having been very good to her for most of her life. So is her sister, I am very attached to them both but taking on two would be genuinely beyond me so I had talked myself out of even asking. That the rescue owner suggested it herself means a lot.

I have my hopes up in the stratosphere right now, it may yet come to nothing but I am SO EXCITED. The thought of her at this fairytale come to life yard with 24/7 turnout in a wee herd after what she went through is making me genuinely teary.

Sadie left, Martha right. Have you ever seen two more beautiful girls
RmjJvgim.jpeg