Pet hates

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
My pet hate...............?

PEOPLE WHO TIE THEIR HAYNETS TO THE BACK OF THE LORRY/TRAILER FOR THEIR POOR HORSE TO EAT LATER ON AT THE SHOW.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

We hear all the time now about exhaust fumes and the damage they do, not to mention the filth that is chucked upwards behind a vehicle. (Just think how many times you have to clean your rear window whilst driving atm)
Why would all that filth and fume NOT be contaminating the hay? Huh?
mad.gif

Also agree with the cavesson part of the flash noseband being too loose so that it gets pulled down by the drop part.
mad.gif

Also agree with the lead rope being clipped on 'back to front'.

My other pet hate is nylon, or any for that matter, headcollars being left on in the stable without a clip over the door catch.
mad.gif

I've seen a couple of horses get caught on their doors like that and it's neither funny or easy to free them.

Right, I'll crawl away and breathe!
blush.gif

L

lilym

here goes! first is numpties who buy foals from the new forest sales and don't have a clue as to how to look after them. overbent show ponies with their noses superglued to thier chests who are moving up and down on the spot and not going forward. people who get right up your backside during and in hand class and moan when your youngster kicks, despite LOADS of warnings. bridles used without nosebands...don't know why it just annoys me LOL! bling tack.....i could go on and on and on......!!!
smile.gif

TGM

Visit site
Biggest pet hate is people who ride on the roads without hi-viz gear on - ride without a hat just puts you at risk, riding on the roads without hi-viz puts your horse at risk
mad.gif

Also:

People who think the sign of a good horse-keeper is to have an obese horse.

People who treat horses according to a blindly-held philosophy rather than actually what each individual horses needs.

teapot

Visit site
People who knock RSs full stop.

Not all of them are badly run, have nothing over 15hh, a small arena, rubbish hacking etc

Parkranger

Visit site
People who tell me that by galloping my horse occasionally I'll turn him into a monster and ruin his legs (er, horses are supposed to go bloody fast - although obviously, not all the time).

People who mollycoddle their horses - no, your heavyweight cob does NOT need a heavy weight outdoor rug on yet - get a grip. My TB only has a bloody LW during the day!

I agree on the one about people who overhorse themselves - sometimes a new horse can really start to take the pee but you've just got to get the hell on with it and ride through it......!

People who use my broom to sweep the yard.....arrrgggghhhh

icklechlo

Visit site
people who dont know how to warm up at shows, people who tack up there horse and wonder why its not very happy when their numnah is pulled so tight on the horses withers that it must not be v comfy!
people who think that just coz your not very tall you can only ride ponies! im only little and i can ride horses, but people assume i can only ride 13.2's! im 18! ponys are fun, but so are horses!
people who borrow stuff and dont put it back, dont mind people borrowing things, but when it appears in someone elses hands and they say 'oh i found it its mine'
argh!

tinker512

Visit site
Ill fitting tack, in general its the bits too low/high...bits also too big so they are hanging out the horses mouth, and then bits too small, pinching.

Saddles too far forward/back

Bandages that aren't put on properly...People can't see how it is so dangerous

Riding in trainers

Over rugging

People hacking out at dusk with no reflectives

Am sure I will think of plenty more!!