PetPlan are brilliant!

juliehannah58

Visit site
Just thought I'd post to say how utterly made up I am with Petplan horse insurance, as people often ask who to use etc.

My mare has recently injured her check ligament, it appears to be a chronic injury rather than a tear, and happened over the space of 3 months. I only sent off my claim form last Thursday, on Tuesday i had a letter saying it would be dealth with within 10 days, then today had a phone call saying my cheque will be here Monday!

Can't believe how easy and simple everything has been, I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone! It's bad enough having the stress and upset when your horse injures itself, but with the added stress of vets bills the last thing you need is an argument with the insurance company.

So there you go, a very happy JH58!

smile.gif

juliehannah58

Visit site
Oh yeah that would be impressive, Do'h! On well, fingers crossed for tuesday then! TBH I was thinking I'd have to wait ages, especially since I have paid my vets, but looks like that won't be the case
smile.gif

Fletch

Visit site
I second that. I have been with them for over 10 years and always had first class service from them.

i don't have insurance any more (other than 3rd party) as my parents would rather just pay whatever bills we get. However i did a long time ago have a mare pts who was insured with them (death only) and they were fantastic. When we rung for them to send their vet out and assess that they would pay if she was pts, we explained her condition and they said just put her out of her pain asap and we will pay without looking at her (she had an injury and we just had to fax them a copy of some x-rays). they did indeed pay out imediately. if i were ever to insure again i would use them without doubt.

bertiewooster

Visit site
I've been with them for 7 years with the dogs and one year with Milly. In that time the dogs have, between them, costs me literally thousands for skin allergies, 2 broken legs, cancer ops and follow up treatment and a emergency splenectomy. PetPlan have always paid me very promptly and have never queried a bill yet. I think I could get cheaper premiums elsewhere, but it wouldn't be worth the risk of rubbish service.