Pickle has been with us for 5 days now and.......

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
WE LOVE HER TO BITS

After a very sleep deprived Saturday and Sunday night she seems to be settling in really well.

I was a bit desperate, well very desperate on Monday as we were exhausted and Cayla (thank you!) very kindly reassured me that we were doing the right things, said we need to persevere and suggested a DPA plug in. Hubby flew to the pet shop and although I've since found out were paid well over the odds it may of helped. Since Monday night she has been so much better, yes, she is still crying when we go up but only for 5 or 10 mins and then just a little whine during the night her crate is still intact in the mornings so thats great :O) She is also fine during the day in it. Toilet training is going really well, only 3 accidents since she came one, 2 my fault where I didn't take her out as soon as she'd woken up and one on Monday when she went to the back door but the washing machine scared her!!

She has been to work with hubby and also with me today and she's just been a star, we absolutly love her to bits :O)

Heres a couple of pics

Daddy I'm really not sure about this coat!!

Picklecominghome0073.jpg

Settled and happy in her crate

Pickle.jpg

Work was obviously very tiring for her today!

Pickle2.jpg

Pix

Visit site
She's so, so gorgeous. Are you sure you're not just putting a brave face on? Because honestly, if she's hard work you can send her to me. I don't mind. I'm generous like that.... :p:D

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Pix - honestly I am coping at the moment....only just though ;O)

kisses coming to Pixel from Pickle!

Oi Numpty are you cold out there? do you want me to bring you out a flask of hot chocolate? !!!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I honestly sympathise with the tiredness and sheer desperation! I was seriously saying we'd done the wrong thing getting the pups and I did cry with frustration more than once when they refused to do as told. (It's called training, no-one said it was easy! :rolleyes:)

Give it time and you will be even more in love with her: it's quite scary how in love you become! She is very gorgeous, which of course helps!

Pix

Visit site
Pix, will you SHOOSH! We're supposed to be undercover, it's not comfy in these bushes... :p

Sorry!

*Rustles back into the bushes*

I honestly think they will let their guard down for tomorrows pee-breaks. We just need to stay alert for the early morning one..... They'll still be sleepy and we can make our.... *ahem*

*rustles a bit more and passes over the spiked Red Bull*

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I honestly sympathise with the tiredness and sheer desperation! I was seriously saying we'd done the wrong thing getting the pups and I did cry with frustration more than once when they refused to do as told. (It's called training, no-one said it was easy! :rolleyes:)

Give it time and you will be even more in love with her: it's quite scary how in love you become! She is very gorgeous, which of course helps!

I must admit to crying on Saturday night in bed, Pickles crying and howling was just pityful and it broke your heart to hear her, we just felt so mean leaving her downstairs but its nice now to know that she is much more settled.....she's driving me nuts tonight though, all she wants to do it play all of the time plus she's trying to climb up my legs and when I ignore her she chews the laptop cable!! Daddy will be home soon to take over, I'm exhausted!!

Yes please! I tried to stick a note through the letter box but you've still got it taped up :rolleyes:

I like what you've done with your curtains btw but the picture above the sofa is a bit squint :p : D

Whats very scary about that is we've just got new curtains and I do have a big picture frame make up of lots of little picture frames above the sofa!!!

numptynoelle

Visit site
Dammit Pix, I think they might be on to us.... Cheers for the grown-up Red Bull though, was wondering where you put that! :D

Tricksy don't worry - on closer inspection I don't think the picture is squint :p

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Its always hard the first few nights when you get the heart wrenching crying (the dog not you) but glad she is settling now. Love the picture of her in her coat, room for her to grow into it eh.:p

Pix

Visit site
*looks at picture*

*heart melts*

I'm weakening Numpty! Weakening badly! Having followed the story, with the 'will you be my daddy' card and everything..... I'm not sure I could deprive such an obviously, madly in love person of their Pickle. And she does look so, so comfy where she is to be fair.....

Gah! Your OH is lucky to have you! :D:D

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
*looks at picture*

*heart melts*

I'm weakening Numpty! Weakening badly! Having followed the story, with the 'will you be my daddy' card and everything..... I'm not sure I could deprive such an obviously, madly in love person of their Pickle. And she does look so, so comfy where she is to be fair.....

Her Daddy certainly does love her lots :O)

Gah! Your OH is lucky to have you!

I know!! ;O)

Lol at the ridiculous grin on your oh's face as he holds the wee bundle!

He just looks totally made up doesn't he :O)

domane

Visit site
Sooooo glad you've updated (and with pix :D) I was wondering how it was all going :)

Sounds like you have got night-time cracked, from this morning's post, so at least you now know that if she DOES play up again, you can ignore her because she CAN settle herself. The first few weeks of a new puppy are so exhausting but the rewards outweigh the work and concentration.

Keep posting (and taking photos!!!)

xx

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Thanks Domane :O)

I certainly will keep the updates coming and pics :O)

She is in the bad books at the moment as she just bit me so hard she broke the skin :-O she gets so excited when we play and just launches her teeth at anything!! Little monkey

numptynoelle

Visit site
Some people just have no stamina and obviously do not have the heart of solid flint required to be a dedicated puppy-napper :mad: Cheers for doing the nightshift though Pix - life in the undergrowth is much more pleasant after a kip and Tricksy's hot chocolate :D

Glad Pickle's settling :) - I was shattered the first few weeks after getting our spangle, no idea why, she was perfect (much older though)...it was just after a few weeks the spangle naughtiness crept in :p :D

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Loving these updates, she is already looking so settled and at home, the pic of her asleep on OHs' tum is a classic. I think you two, loitering in the bushes, whoever you are, really should give up and go home now, if you haven't managed to snaffle her away by now I think you're tactics must be all wrong, youve probably drunk so much hot choccy and biscuits by now that you cant move quickly enough:)

CAYLA

Visit site
Lovely piccies, it does take time to settle them into a new routine, u just have to do it hundreds of time over and become a pro like me:D:D
Ps puppies are a breeze its the adults that have u wanting to commit harry carry:p

Gorgeous piccies:)

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Thanks everyone :O) and thank you Cayla for the reassurance on Monday xxx

I can not believe that she has been with us for just 6 days, its like she's been here for ever and yes she certainly has Daddy wrapped around her little paw!! He got on the floor last night to play with her and she ran, full pelt at him and launched herself onto his lap. He LOVED that!!!