Pictures of shapes you've clipped into your horse! (stars etc.)

MoggyMouse

Visit site
I'm going to be clipping Moggy soon, and wanted some inspiration for unusual shapes/patterns to clip in. I had a heart last year, I want something a little bit different! :p

Pictures please ;)

barbaraNcolin

Visit site
Both probably seen before by some...

The first year I decided to be adventurous (his show name)
DSC00088-1.jpg

And being a little less adventurous for the past two years (but much quicker and easier :D)
DSC00299.jpg

nelle48

Visit site
At my old riding school there was a little pony called Applejack, and on one side someone clipped apple and on the other side Jack. It wasn't neat and it was on his side on both sides, not his bum. My friend did a heart on her gelding last year which was nice though :)

doratheexplorer

Visit site
I'm planning on making a stencil of H4H (help for heroes) as my brother is in the Army, for Bens bottom.

Barbara and Collin did you make those stencils yourself and what clippers did you use??

MoggyMouse

Visit site
Wow, they're all really adventurous! I don't know if I'd be brave enough to do something like that, I'd probably do it wrong :p

Where did you get the stencils from?

I really like the idea of getting H4H as well: really meaningful :)

Enfys

Visit site
Mine had the Countryside Alliance logo on one quarter and a Welsh dragon on the other.

Now, I suppose I'd have to incorporate a maple leaf - if I clipped at all.

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
Last edited:

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
The one with all the stars was for demo purposes I think :) www.stencilbum.co.uk I think.... I did a star a few years ago, made a stencil out of sticky back plastic.

That is right, it was done as a demo as the stars had been done on the rump on one clip, and then they had been done on the neck on another and then my daughter got talked into the notion that they might go for broke and cover her on her 2nd clip from head to tail. That was the case one one side of the pony, but the other side never got quite finished and it all grew out in a matter of weeks. the pony (jessie) was happy enough to have it clipped as she likes the fuss, and even more so as she likes people and everyone made a huge fuss of her when she did a few competitions at the local shows whilst they were still visible.

2vv1jyg.jpg

The design she had clipped on following that was this one

ejdegz.jpg

There are a few pictures in the gallery of various designs HERE as well.

My daughter (the one who clipped these designs) has also asked me to mention that she is doing regular clipping in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area (may travel within reason), and will also clip the stencils on request if anyone wants any done.

Last edited:

Beccahh

www.youtube.com
Maths clip :)
hes had superman on for the past 2years and hes now reconised haha
and nicknamed supermath
we even had a little boy at a show have his picture taken next to maths bum haha

034.jpg

A close up :)

0343.jpg

he was abit fluffy in the 2nd one so we clip him earlier now haha
tipicle welsh

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
Maths clip :)
hes had superman on for the past 2years and hes now reconised haha
and nicknamed supermath
we even had a little boy at a show have his picture taken next to maths bum haha

A close up :)

he was abit fluffy in the 2nd one so we clip him earlier now haha
typical welsh

I always advise this as we found out the hard way in the first year I made these clipping stencils. I asked a lady who owns a riding school if they had a pony which was being clipped soon which we could put a design on. The pony was knocking on and when she brought it out, she said, 'there you go, loads of hair for you to clip with' It took about 2 1/2 hours to put his name on him as he had chushings and was clipped all year round to keep it down. Hard lesson to learn and we always advise to either put the design on early, or to wait until the 2nd clip and do it then as there isn't quite so much hair to cut.

Nice to see the design on a horse though, I have had a few people say their horses are now known for a specific design come clipping time :)