Pivo - is it worth the hassle?

AUB

Visit site
I didn’t pay vat on mine, but it’s really hit and miss here in Denmark if they happen to pick out exactly your parcel in customs or not. Mine was shipped from Hongkong.

Still happy with my Pivo btw.

SibeliusMB

Visit site
Mine doesn't work because my phone is meets "minimum requirements" per the Pivo site, but unfortunately that means it doesn't meet requirements at all. I've tried using it three or four times, only once did I get any useful footage. It's sitting on my shelf until I upgrade my phone. Spoke to Pivo and was very disappointed at their customer service...or lack of it.

neddy man

Visit site
Mine doesn't work because my phone is meets "minimum requirements" per the Pivo site, but unfortunately that means it doesn't meet requirements at all. I've tried using it three or four times, only once did I get any useful footage. It's sitting on my shelf until I upgrade my phone. Spoke to Pivo and was very disappointed at their customer service...or lack of it.
Put your model of phone, some readers may know why and be able to solve the problem.

SibeliusMB

Visit site
Samsung S8.

And while I appreciate the help, i don't need suggestions at this point. I've received lots of feedback already from the Facebook group and between them and the Pivo folks, the answer was to upgrade the phone. My frustration was that if the phone is not truly compatible then why is it listed on the site as meeting min requirements (min requirements implying it will at least take/record video and perform as advertised)?

Last edited:

teapot

Visit site
Also something I hadn't realised until last week - iphone video default isn't the best quality - I'd be interested to try one now my phone's set to 4k.

Those who moan about file size, a 30min lesson is gonna be a whopper, don't think people quite realise what makes up quality imagery. My camera raw photos are 45mb each for example.

Char.barker

New User
Visit site
To get over the big files I just stop and start mine when I have a walk break. It keeps the files smaller. It’s also well worth the money if you get it in their “sale” I think my silver was about £120 with postage almost a year ago, so wouldn’t pay a great deal more than that. Yes it’s no where near perfect but for me just to watch rides back it’s more than good enough. It works far better with my iPhone 12 than 7 and has got better as Pivo have added their updates.
Also something I hadn't realised until last week - iphone video default isn't the best quality - I'd be interested to try one now my phone's set to 4k.

Those who moan about file size, a 30min lesson is gonna be a whopper, don't think people quite realise what makes up quality imagery. My camera raw photos are 45mb each for example.