Planning consent for manage - permitted development?

tootsietoo

Visit site
Thank you. Apologies for being rude about planning officers, I know there are some real, human ones out there! Application done, brain well and truly done in!

tiramisu

Visit site
Thank you. Apologies for being rude about planning officers, I know there are some real, human ones out there! Application done, brain well and truly done in!

Don't worry, no offence taken, in the planning world, like the horse world, you develop a pretty thick skin ;) unfortunately in both worlds the actions of a few tend to tar the rest of us lol!

Gift Horse

Visit site
Best of luck with your application. Councils saving people thousands is not our experience. Our local council have cost us thousands over the years (in time spent preparing appeals all of which we have won) Of course some councils offer a good service but others are dreadful to deal with.

Goldenstar

Visit site
When I built my school we received different advice from the council as to whether we needed PP.
In the end after a lot of being passed round and about they decided no .
However we where sufficiently concerned that we could not trust them not to give us an issue further down the line we applied anyway .

YasandCrystal

Visit site
TBH if you're going to spend £15-25k on a school then for an extra £300 just get the planning, I am nothing to do with building/ planning but I did the drawings and filled in the forms for our planning application - the cost was minimal and worth it in the long run as there is no debate.

The only complicated thing I had to do was send them a photo of post and rail fencing as they weren't clear what it would look like !!!!!

^^ This - we have just submitted planning for one and apart from reams of photocopying and a cost of £385 it was very straightforward and we did it ourselves,

TGM

Visit site
absolutely tiramisu! I'm not paying anyone to do it for me, they will have to be satisfied with my scale rule and graph paper!
Is the land the manege is going on absolutely flat? Because if it is not (and not many patches of land are, even if they look it) then some cut and fill to level the land will be needed and the council will want full details of the existing levels, and the changed levels, as well as the outline and size of the proposed plot.

TigerTail

Visit site
I find it so galling that on private land, which you own, you are subject to that level of scrutiny! Its your land fps! grrr

And £385 just for planning permission :eek: Tha would be my school with no fencing :(

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
I asked my OH (planning consultant) he says.
The main reason pp is needed for a manege is because the required drainage work is considered engineering work and this requires pp.
pp may not be required if the manege is sited in the curtilage of a dwelling house ie the garden, but unless the curtilage is well defined this can cause more problems. A menage in a paddock will always require pp.
does this mean farmers need pp to drain a field?

Gift Horse

Visit site
Farmers are usually allowed to drain fields under permitted development (there is a pd section that covers agriculture)
They have to first notify the council though.