Plans for the weekend

Fiona

Visit site
Fionn was very fresh and cheeky though, and I'm not convinced by his nathe rubber snaffle any more. No idea what to move to though 😣😣

Fiona

Northern

Visit site
Bargain saddle will do for the L :D Good thing too, I needed my other saddle back for E! Hopefully smooth sailing from now on, fingers crossed :)

rosiesowner

Visit site
So, dressage didn't go to plan coming 14th out of 14 with 63.86%! But Chilli enjoyed herself, and in her eyes she got a 70%, so that's all that matters ;)
Photo credits go to my fabulous bloke :)
51623598_1151515301674782_1340594477177241600_o.jpg

51791299_1151515091674803_264832068632969216_o.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
We ventured out for pre-regionals arena hire :) at £35 for half an hour it was kind of out of budget but it was all dressed ready for the show so worth doing. Assuming they go ahead this week... I had figured this would be the decider, I had been having a wobble over whether to go or not because indoor arenas are not K's favourite thing and now we can't even carry a whip in through the door :eek: under the 2019 rules, there's a very high potential for napping!

anyway, she had a big spook about the flowers and judge's tables but did pull her socks up and we ran through the freestyle a few times. So we will give it a go after all :)

Obligatory cute Kira picture
51635704_2339043996107097_8000982021805441024_n.jpg

oldie48

Visit site
@oldie48 how did your dressage test go on Saturday? Any tips for me? xx
Because the weather was so hideous and the warm up arena riding very deep because of the rain, we didn't warm up for long enough so she was a bit tight in her back and on my hand. Test went OK in the circumstances and we got the first canter OK including the half ciircle etc, she broke on the second one in the 15m half circle, then took the wrong lead and we didn't get the transition at K as a result, then we didn't get any medium but the rest of the test was OK and we got 64%+ No tips really, i knew the canter would be our nemesis as she's still not very strong behind and I have to work very hard to keep her up in front. Good luck with your test.

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Because the weather was so hideous and the warm up arena riding very deep because of the rain, we didn't warm up for long enough so she was a bit tight in her back and on my hand. Test went OK in the circumstances and we got the first canter OK including the half ciircle etc, she broke on the second one in the 15m half circle, then took the wrong lead and we didn't get the transition at K as a result, then we didn't get any medium but the rest of the test was OK and we got 64%+ No tips really, i knew the canter would be our nemesis as she's still not very strong behind and I have to work very hard to keep her up in front. Good luck with your test.

Oh bless her, 64% really is a good score all things considering!
Sounds a bit like mine.. canter is our weakness but we are working on it! Thank you I shall report back :)

Last edited:

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Rosiesowmer coming 14th out of 14 with that score shows the standard must have been frighteningly high!

Well done Oldie48 - that score with several expensive mistakes is great. Obviously loads more to come.

MP can never have too many cute Kira pics!

Bernster

Visit site
Are you heading out again with the Sandhurst at all this season? :D

Urgh I’ve not been anywhere for ages 🙁. Would love to but so far I had Xmas stuff the whole of Dec, lorry needed uprating, then ice, now the flu outbreak. I’m having a shocker!