plans / hopes for 2007

tigers_eye

Visit site
I did the Rural Riders selection trials in the winter of 2002/3 on F and they were very tough. The jumping we had to do caused quite a lot of horses to lose confidence, but it was a great experience. You have to be prepared to give up quite a lot of your time for training and you would have to tavel quite a lot (so what's new
tongue.gif
). I'd say you have a good chance as they want horses with a proven Intermediate record but if the rider has done a 3* and is over 25 they are not eligable. It takes place every other year, so there will be one next year.

Rural Riders info (slightly out of date)

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com

To do my first HT (without any pairs help from my sister).

To be able to jump over 3ft with Otto (may be wishful thinking).

To get out to shows on our own (e.g. without help from Mum or OH).

Kelly1982

Visit site
I am hoping to affiliate and be jumping consistent double clears by the end of the year and hopefully be jumping up to Newcomers but dont want to push it LOL

I also want to have lots of fun doing XC, jumpcross etc

siennamum

Visit site
Charlie (9) starts to enjoy jumping & schooling & is on PC junior teams for dressage & SJ. Also that he does a Trec with me.
Will (11) does National Novice PC area teams for Dressage & Eventing & qualifies for one. BYRDS stuff, Join him in a Riding Club & he has a bash at the RC champs, also has a bit of success with WHP.
Me (really old) either have Sienna successfully covered & sit on my bottom for a year, OR, Intro or PN Regional Final & champs. RC champs. More showing. a Trec with the boys. More affiliated dressage, move my tests from 6s & 7s to 7s & 8s.

Rambo

Visit site
Well, never liking doing these things normally...as I always seem to end up changing them part way through the year lol!

With Trike, I guess it would be to gain 4 DC's at BN and Disco and jump the 2nd rounds, and possibly be jumping 1.05m Opens and NC's with him too.

With Bo, to be going consistently well at 1.20m+ would be nice and possibly get him to Grade B.

Greyhound

Visit site
I would like for my horse to still be happy and healthy.
To start jumping as she was previously jumping BSJA posh level stuff
crazy.gif
grin.gif

To have a go at some low key dressage.

Gh

Bossanova

Visit site
God next eventing season seems so far away!!

In an ideal world, Moon will be jumping newcomers by March, ready to come straight out at PN level. By summer she will be ready for PAVO classes (although I have a small thing called a degree to try to pass in between
crazy.gif
) and our ultimate goal would be to go all out for qualifying for Le Lion, although thats a big big aim for her and I actually have no idea whether she'll cope with the xc at novice, let alone 1*!!

Also in an ideal world, Boss will have turned over a new leaf and will allow himself to be controlled xc and will finally realise my dream of doing an advanced on him along with a CCI**, although I think thats highly unlikely!!

In a more realistic world, I want happy and healthy horses who enjoy their lives and give me even a small amount of sucess in something....just one rosette would be nice!!

Blazingkate

carlingblacklabel.piczo.com
1)To continue Carling's schooling over the winter
2)Do a few fun dressage tests and unaffiliated SJ in the spring
3)And finally, to being affiliating in the summer.

Winning the lottery or finding a sponsor who will pay for everything and buy whatever I ask would also be nice but I'm trying to keep my plans realistic
tongue.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Never like making these, as it ususally means they wont come true
frown.gif

1) SQUEAKY, would be nice to do a 1* (tho seeing as we're yet to get round a PN a bit of work might be needed)
2) SOCKS, I don't know, he can play around at intro, and maybe be ready for a PN by the summer. PAVO again mayby, tho was slightly put off by the standard.
3) ORLA, will be registered properly, hope to shove her round a PN, still really don't know what to think of her, will take each event as they come. (her owner wants to do some unaff. dressage with her too)
4) SULA, who knows, owner is making mutterings about her having a go at a few novices, but i think it's unfair, so either she can continue to play around PNs, or become a mummy (up to her owner).
5) SPOOKY, he is going to become a showhorse, ALOT of work needs to be done, and if we pull it off would be a lovely thought to qualify for HOYS or some other ex-racehorse classes somewhere.
6/7) KATY/FROSTY, two horses that i'd like to nick the ride on for next season, only at talks stage yet, so who knows. Mwhahaha
hehe

Tia

Visit site
Exactly the same as me Amymay. I am sooo excited - I can't believe just how excited I am. I just hope nothing goes wrong.

Jo79

Visit site
I am aiming to do some ODE's on my boy. I backed, broke and trained him myself, so it would be a real personal acheivement!!

4whitesocks

Visit site
God - loads - it's scary how much I have to/want to do:

Build stables
Buy trailer
learn to pull said trailer & pass trailer test
compete Sid in the local hunter trials (novice) next easter (for the irish peeps that's stradbally hall)
ride a dressage test, compete in various riding club stuff next summer
and finally the big scary one......

Bring Sid home to live with me (and probably spend 24/7 on here looking for advice...well don't say I didn't warn you!)

CastleMouse

Visit site
Well I am definitely registering with the IPS, and will be doing plenty of WHP and Equitation, and I'd love to qualify for the RDS, which is practically impossible I know! I'll probably be registering with Dressage Ireland, and will try to compete as often as possible, I'd also like to do a bit of SJAI.

Governor

Visit site
Affiliate Governor in dressage and hopefully get going in Novice.

Start jumping him regularly at home and get him jumping out a few times...who knows maybe even BN....

Sort things out regarding uni - he should be coming with me but if anything changes I want him to have the best time possible while i'm there.

Keep him a happy and healthy chap.

jellybaby

Visit site
To put cowbag in foal - or loan her to someone who will - it’s the last chance and she has superb bloodlines (I have been told!)
To carry on hunting J and F (first time out this Saturday - eek!) and nab the ride on them both a bit more!

JB xx

teapot

Visit site
1.) Find another horse to ride (preferably a certain chesnut at the yard but need to pluck up courage to ask owner whether she'd be interested in a sharer
crazy.gif
)

2.) Do my stage 2- been saying it for years now, and not getting any closer

3.) Ride more although that'll depend on what the price hike is like in April

4.) Maybe get the uni a riding club up and running

5.) pass my second year of uni with atleast a 2:1

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I am hoping to go Novice in a perfect world my horse will have done 4 novices clear so he can go to Chepstow 2 DE and then maybe 1*. Otherwise I want him to be having fun and be showing me that he has bags of ability and to get over his water phobia!

I_A_P

Visit site
well to have happy healthy horses,
want to BE next year at PN maybe a N at the latter part
really crack her dressage and stop her being so awkward!!
maybe do some BSJA depending on how her sj goes
decide what the hel im going to do with my life after my a -levels(so got to pass them)
maybe thin of getting another horse to compete? really seems like a far cry now but there are endless possibilties i suppose!

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
1. To have healthy happy foals born without any problems
2. To get my mares safely back in foal
3. To have my C mare win either HOYS, Olympia or Royal Welsh (or all three!)
grin.gif

4. To buy another cremello mare
5. To buy a 4-wheeler for the Section A
6. To buy a hack for me - after the disasters this year with trying to buy one, I have decided to leave it until after Christmas now.
frown.gif

So, not much really - don't want to be greedy!
blush.gif

Weezy

Visit site
To do Boss and her horse proud and get the 4 DCs needed in Disco, NC and all going well Fox - to qualify for the Blue Chips (I want to go to Scope) and, if it is all going well and it is possible, to jump Boss at Hickstead in a Derby (not the big one LOL)

For me personally I want to find my horse that will put my memories and successes with Cercs to rest and jump some B&Cs by the end of the year - but thats all pie in the sky as I havent even found the horse yet!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
if it is all going well and it is possible, to jump Boss at Hickstead in a Derby (not the big one LOL)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooohhhh !!! That was one of my aims for Bo last year.....and we did it
grin.gif

One of my aims for this year is to get round lol!

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Also in an ideal world, Boss will have turned over a new leaf and will allow himself to be controlled xc and will finally realise my dream of doing an advanced on him along with a CCI**, although I think thats highly unlikely!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do my best
grin.gif
Mind saying that you may be in last place after the dressage
crazy.gif
Anyone in the Oxon area want to help me school him for advanced tests
wink.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Meh, all he needs a bit of halfpass, a few changes- he'll wing it!!
Anyway, cant do worse than last time I did an advanced test on him and that was with continuous schooling and he still behaved like a thing posessed
grin.gif

pottamus

Visit site
I want to enjoy my horse as much as I have this year! I would like to increase my endurance distance to 32km rides and do some competitive events now that I have got one under my belt...
We might do a few bits with the local riding club and do a couple of classes in their yearly show too.

princesskelly

Visit site
i would really like my nerves to stay under controll! get out and showjump more(only local shows!) would really like to do some cross country just to see if i can get the stroppy one over a ditch!!
crazy.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OH OH OH! We can do HP AND changes! I thought we may start to play with tempi changes tomorrow actually as its one thing I CAN do!

[/ QUOTE ]

Def- Get him really collected, do a 1/2 pirra, half-pass back to the track and change at the track to get him thinking. Then you can change from true to counter by looping in and when he's foucsed, do a small half-pass zigzag with change in the middle and end on either 3 or 4.
He does know it all but will prob leap in the changes as he hasnt done them for a while!!